1. Big Cartoon Forum

You WIll Need To Reset Your Password!!!

We just moved hosts on this system, and this has caused a few updates. One is the way we encode and store the encoded passwords.

Your old passwords will NOT work. You will need to reset your password. This is normal. Just click on reset password from the log in screen. Should be smooth as silk to do...

Sorry for the hassle.

Dave Koch
  2. Big Cartoon Forum

Are You Just Hanging Out?

Just lurking? Join the club, we'd love to have you in the Big Cartoon Forum! Sign up is easy- just enter your name and password.... or join using your Facebook account!

Membership has it's privileges... you can post and get your questions answered directly. But you can also join our community, and help other people with their questions, You can add to the discussion. And it's free! So join today!

Dave Koch
  3. Big Cartoon Forum

Other Side Of Maleficent

I have been looking forward to Maleficent with equal amounts of anticipation and dread. On one hand, she is easily my favorite Disney villain, so cold and so pure, and I want desperately to see more of her and her back-story. On the other hand, she is easily my favorite Disney villain, and I would hate to see her parodied, taken lightly or ultimately destroyed in a film that does not understand this great character. The good news is that this film almost gets it right; but that is also the bad news.

4. Big Cartoon Forum

BCDB Hits 150K Entries

It took a while, but we are finally here! The Big Cartoon DataBase hit the milestone of 150,000 entries earlier today with the addition of the cartoon The Polish Language. This film was added to BCDB on May 9th, 2014 at 4:23 PM.

5. Big Cartoon Forum

Warner Brings Back Animated Stone-Age Family

Funnyman Will Ferrell and partner Adam McKay are working on bringing back everyone’s favorite stone-age family. The duo’s production company Gary Sanchez Productions is in development on a new Flintstones animated feature.

6. Big Cartoon Forum

Disney To Feast In France

The follow up to Disney’s 2013 Academy Award Winning short Paperman has been announced, and it will premiere at France’s Annecy International Animated Film Festival. Titled The Feast, the short looks to be based on the same stylized CG techniques used on last years Paperman, a more natural and hand-drawn look to computer animation.

7. Big Cartoon Forum

Renegades of Animation: Pat Sullivan

Pat Sullivan became famous worldwide for his creation of Felix the Cat. What most animation histories gloss over is Sullivan’s checkered past and longtime standing as a wildcat renegade. He didn’t follow the rules. And he made damn sure to fully protect his intellectual properties.

Here's The Story Of A Lovely Lady......

Discussion in 'Non-Animated Movies And TV' started by emeraldisle, Nov 25, 2016.

1. emeraldisle

emeraldisle Moderator Staff Member I SUPPORT BCDB!

Florence Henderson, who played Carol Brady on "The Brady Bunch," has died.

For five seasons, she played "a lovely lady who was bringing up three very lovely girls." Each episode had her offering maternal advice to three daughters, and three stepsons. She also married her an architect who kept her warm and safe and dry.(couldn't resist).

She also appeared in the biopic "Song Of Norway," about the compose Grieg. To my knowledge, she only voiced one cartoon character, Mallory Casey, AKA Mastermind, in three episodes of "Loonatics Unleashed." This woman was capable of converting ordinary objects into weapons, and later joined forces with Weathervane, Massive, Sypher, and Optimatus in the two-part first season finale, "Acmegeddon." Hence my decision to post this character in our Cartoon A to Z game.

She's also the only "Brady Bunch" cast member I saw up close at a live show in Florida. As I recall, she was there along with the Shangri-Las, and a few others.

RIP, Ms. Henderson. May the Brady legacy live on. :(
  2. Bobby Bickert

Bobby Bickert Inbetweener Forum Member New Member

She also was the longtime spokesperson for Wesson oil. In her early commercials she sang "Wessonality", based on Dorothy Lamour's signature song "Personality" from Road to Utopia.

Her Wesson oil commercials were referenced in an episode of the short-lived TV series Police Squad.

• Like Like x 1
  3. artytoons

artytoons Administrator I SUPPORT BCDB! Forum Member New Member

Died from Heart failure at age 82. Her last public appearance was in the audience in "Dancing With The Stars" on Monday November 21, 2016...supporting Maureen McCormick who is a participant.

Florence Henderson, Robert Reed, and Ann B. Davis were not in the cast of the animated "Brady Kids" cartoon series...produced by Filmation Studios in Fall 1972 for ABC. The 6 Brady kids (Greg, Marcia, Peter, Jan, Bobby, and Cindy) had wild adventures with their pets Moptop, Ping and Pong the pandas, and Marlon the talking magical mynah bird (definitely characters one does not find in the live action Brady series).

Florence Henderson as Carol Brady supplied the warmth, Robert Reed as Mike Brady supplied the down the earth observations, and Ann B. Davis as Alice the housekeeper supplied the witty wisecracks in addition to the 6 kids' varied personalities. It made for a great combination to keep the reruns enduring and amusing.
    Last edited: Nov 26, 2016
  4. emeraldisle

emeraldisle Moderator Staff Member I SUPPORT BCDB!

Actually, Arty, "The Brady Kids" premiered in 1972, and kicked off with the first episode of "The ABC Saturday Superstar Movie," called "The Brady Kids On Mysterious Island."
  5. artytoons

artytoons Administrator I SUPPORT BCDB! Forum Member New Member

Thanks for the correction. Barry Williams as Greg, Maureen McCormick as Marcia, and Chris Knight as Peter were in the season one cast (1972-1973)...they were replaced in a contract dispute for season 2 by producer Lou Scheimer's kids, Lane Scheimer as Greg, Erika Scheimer as Marcia, and Keith Sutherland (son of animation director Hal Sutherland?) as Peter.

Larry Storch and Jane Webb played all of the adult and non-Brady teen characters (bragging Chuck, hippie Fleetwood, and ditzy Babs) in the series.
  6. MrCleveland

MrCleveland Key Animator Forum Member New Member

Henderson also had a part in this Weird Al vid...

7. RascalsFan84

RascalsFan84 Inbetweener Forum Member New Member

Florence also appeared in the Mother's Day episode of the game show "The Price is Right" in 2012. She seemed to be in pretty good health then. It's amazing how her health declined in such a short time frame.

Sad loss, and during Thanksgiving weekend of all occasions.
  8. RascalsFan84

RascalsFan84 Inbetweener Forum Member New Member

And I did learn on Facebook recently that "The Brady Kids" is getting a DVD release.