1. Big Cartoon Forum

You WIll Need To Reset Your Password!!!

We just moved hosts on this system, and this has caused a few updates. One is the way we encode and store the encoded passwords.

Your old passwords will NOT work. You will need to reset your password. This is normal. Just click on reset password from the log in screen. Should be smooth as silk to do...

Sorry for the hassle.

Dave Koch
  2. Big Cartoon Forum

Are You Just Hanging Out?

Just lurking? Join the club, we'd love to have you in the Big Cartoon Forum! Sign up is easy- just enter your name and password.... or join using your Facebook account!

Membership has it's privileges... you can post and get your questions answered directly. But you can also join our community, and help other people with their questions, You can add to the discussion. And it's free! So join today!

Dave Koch
  3. Big Cartoon Forum

Other Side Of Maleficent

I have been looking forward to Maleficent with equal amounts of anticipation and dread. On one hand, she is easily my favorite Disney villain, so cold and so pure, and I want desperately to see more of her and her back-story. On the other hand, she is easily my favorite Disney villain, and I would hate to see her parodied, taken lightly or ultimately destroyed in a film that does not understand this great character. The good news is that this film almost gets it right; but that is also the bad news.

4. Big Cartoon Forum

BCDB Hits 150K Entries

It took a while, but we are finally here! The Big Cartoon DataBase hit the milestone of 150,000 entries earlier today with the addition of the cartoon The Polish Language. This film was added to BCDB on May 9th, 2014 at 4:23 PM.

5. Big Cartoon Forum

Warner Brings Back Animated Stone-Age Family

Funnyman Will Ferrell and partner Adam McKay are working on bringing back everyone’s favorite stone-age family. The duo’s production company Gary Sanchez Productions is in development on a new Flintstones animated feature.

6. Big Cartoon Forum

Disney To Feast In France

The follow up to Disney’s 2013 Academy Award Winning short Paperman has been announced, and it will premiere at France’s Annecy International Animated Film Festival. Titled The Feast, the short looks to be based on the same stylized CG techniques used on last years Paperman, a more natural and hand-drawn look to computer animation.

7. Big Cartoon Forum

Renegades of Animation: Pat Sullivan

Pat Sullivan became famous worldwide for his creation of Felix the Cat. What most animation histories gloss over is Sullivan’s checkered past and longtime standing as a wildcat renegade. He didn’t follow the rules. And he made damn sure to fully protect his intellectual properties.

What If...?

Discussion in 'Free-For-All' started by MrCleveland, May 23, 2018.

1. MrCleveland

MrCleveland Key Animator Forum Member New Member

In the cartoon world, there are many "What Ifs".

What if...Adventure Time was acquired by Nickelodeon?
    What if...Tex Avery returned to LT/MM after his suspension?
    What if...Disney acquired the rights to Beatrix Potter Stories like Peter Rabbit?

I think if Disney got the rights to Peter Rabbit...when Peter lost his jacket...I'm sure they'll have him do this...
    [​IMG]

Any other cartoon "what ifs"? I'm sure there's plenty!
  2. emeraldisle

emeraldisle Moderator Staff Member I SUPPORT BCDB!

What if Penelope Pitstop finally found out Sylvester Sneakly was the Hooded Claw?

What if Donald Duck finally married Daisy?
  3. saltyboot

saltyboot A Moderating Moderator Staff Member Forum Member

What if the Fleischer Studios had nothing to do with Paramount?

What if Mickey Mouse stayed mischievous?
  4. oneuglybunny

oneuglybunny Moderator Staff Member Forum Member

Just out of curiosity, are we allowed to answer any of these? Or must they remain unanswered queries forever?
  5. MrCleveland

You can have some questions of your own...I'm sure there's some that can be solved.
  6. oneuglybunny

Okay, what if the Monstars had won the Ultimate Game in Space Jam? Who would be the new face of Warner Brothers Animation after Bugs Bunny is taken away?

What if Dick Dastardly actually won one of the Wacky Races stages? And it was recognized as a valid first place by the ruling body?
  7. Bill Lewis

Bill Lewis Animator Forum Member New Member

What if Hanna-Barbera had been named Barbera-Hanna? Not very earth-shattering,I know,just wondering how they decided to give Bill Hanna top billing.
  8. oneuglybunny

Forgive me for answering, but this one simply tickles me too much. From A Cast Of Friends, written by Bill Hanna and Tom Ito, chapter seven, paragraph four:

"There was a brief discussion and no debate. Joe pulled out a half dollar from his pocket and flipped the coin. Heads: Barbera And Hanna, or tails: Hanna-Barbera. The coin spun and landed on the linoleum floor. It was tails."

Now for the question: what if the falling out between Max and Dave Fleischer never happened, allowing Fleischer Studios to remain intact, with its renewable contract with Paramount Pictures?
    • Informative Informative x 1
  9. Bill Lewis

Bill Lewis Animator Forum Member New Member

What if Jonny Quest had ran for multiple seasons in primetime? Would they have recast the title role once Tim Matheson's voice started to change?Oh,and by the way,OUB,thanks for answering my previous ''what if'',had no idea there was an actual answer,that's pretty cool!
  10. MrCleveland

Someone can even answer them for you, example...

If the Fleischer Brothers didn't have a fall-through, Fleischer Studios would still work with Paramount and it'd be the 4th biggest cartoon studio. Disney of course is 1st, LT/MM would be 2nd, MGM would be 3rd.
  11. oneuglybunny

What if, instead of Simon Bar Sinister himself crossing the street to press two key buttons in the Underdog story arc "Simon Says.. No Thanksgiving," some other fool came along and pressed these buttons? The net effect would be the same: the air raid siren would blare, sending everyone scurrying for home; then the other button would secure all the doors and windows in town, leaving the place easy pickings for Simon. And we know from YouTube videos that any Big Red Button left where the public can press it will get pressed.