1. Big Cartoon Forum

You WIll Need To Reset Your Password!!!

We just moved hosts on this system, and this has caused a few updates. One is the way we encode and store the encoded passwords.

Your old passwords will NOT work. You will need to reset your password. This is normal. Just click on reset password from the log in screen. Should be smooth as silk to do...

Sorry for the hassle.

Dave Koch
  2. Big Cartoon Forum

Are You Just Hanging Out?

Just lurking? Join the club, we'd love to have you in the Big Cartoon Forum! Sign up is easy- just enter your name and password.... or join using your Facebook account!

Membership has it's privileges... you can post and get your questions answered directly. But you can also join our community, and help other people with their questions, You can add to the discussion. And it's free! So join today!

Dave Koch
  3. Big Cartoon Forum

Other Side Of Maleficent

I have been looking forward to Maleficent with equal amounts of anticipation and dread. On one hand, she is easily my favorite Disney villain, so cold and so pure, and I want desperately to see more of her and her back-story. On the other hand, she is easily my favorite Disney villain, and I would hate to see her parodied, taken lightly or ultimately destroyed in a film that does not understand this great character. The good news is that this film almost gets it right; but that is also the bad news.

4. Big Cartoon Forum

BCDB Hits 150K Entries

It took a while, but we are finally here! The Big Cartoon DataBase hit the milestone of 150,000 entries earlier today with the addition of the cartoon The Polish Language. This film was added to BCDB on May 9th, 2014 at 4:23 PM.

5. Big Cartoon Forum

Warner Brings Back Animated Stone-Age Family

Funnyman Will Ferrell and partner Adam McKay are working on bringing back everyone’s favorite stone-age family. The duo’s production company Gary Sanchez Productions is in development on a new Flintstones animated feature.

6. Big Cartoon Forum

Disney To Feast In France

The follow up to Disney’s 2013 Academy Award Winning short Paperman has been announced, and it will premiere at France’s Annecy International Animated Film Festival. Titled The Feast, the short looks to be based on the same stylized CG techniques used on last years Paperman, a more natural and hand-drawn look to computer animation.

7. Big Cartoon Forum

Renegades of Animation: Pat Sullivan

Pat Sullivan became famous worldwide for his creation of Felix the Cat. What most animation histories gloss over is Sullivan’s checkered past and longtime standing as a wildcat renegade. He didn’t follow the rules. And he made damn sure to fully protect his intellectual properties.

Once or twice, but never again.

Discussion in 'Hanna-Barbera' started by emeraldisle, Jan 1, 2014.

1. emeraldisle

emeraldisle Moderator Staff Member I SUPPORT BCDB!

The following are voice actors who voiced just one Hanna-Barbera cartoon character:

1. Danny Bravo. He was the original voice of Hadji Singh on "Jonny Quest." But never again did he return to animation.

2. Cathy Lewis. The voice of Jezebel Jade on the aforementioned show. Sadly, she died in 1968, while JQ was being rerun on Saturday mornings.

3. Marie Wilson. A veteran actress who voiced Penny McCoy on "Where's Huddles," and passed away two years later.

4. Penny Singleton, voice of Jane Jetson. Incredibly, she also played Blondie, on whom Jane was modeled.

5. Barbara Pariot. She voiced Valerie in both "Josie And The Pussycats" and "Josie And The Pussycats In Outer Space." But unlike the rest of the voice actors for those shows, she was never heard from again.

6. Shari Lewis. She voiced Princess Nida on "The Arabian Knights," but thereafter returned to the job she was best known for-a puppeteer and ventriloquist.

7. Lucas "Chip" Hand III. He voiced Butch Cassidy, but no one else.

8 Phil Luther Jr, and Arlene Golonka. They voiced Tinker and Debbie, respectively, on "Speed Buggy."

9. Margene Fuddena and Steacy Bertheau. There's a dispute with these two. Some sources say they were the voices of Katie Butler and Lok on "Valley Of The Dinosaurs," while other sources credit Kathi Gori, Andrew Parks, and Frank Welker, each of whom voiced more than one character.

10. Jo Ann Harris. She voiceed Tina on "Goober And The Ghost Chasers," but returned to live acting.

11. Each of the Asian voice actors from "The Amazing Chan And The Chan Clan," save for Keye Luke. They were replaced by American voice actors due to the thickness of their accents.

12. Patricia Stich and Tara Talboy. They voiced sisters Pepper and Dotty on Clue Club, then were never heard from again.

13. Wayne Norton. He voiced the teenaged Benjy Grimm on "The Thing," and was quickly forgotten.

14. On that subject, Joseph Sirola and Regis Cordic, the voices of Dr. Doom and Diablo on H-B's adaptation of "The Fantastic Four," also faded into obscurity.

15. Dolores Cantu-Primo and Bill Idleson. They voiced Nita and Mickey on "The New Shmoo."

16. David Hubbard. He voiced Moleculad on the "Teen Force" segments of "Space Stars," then probably returned to live acting.

17. Melanie Baker, the voice of Tana on "Valley Of The Dinosaurs." She probably retired from show biz after the show's run.

18. Shirley Mitchell and Stanley Livingston were the voices of Laurie and Happius Holiday, but neither voiced any more cartoon characters after that.

That's all I can think of right now, since all other H-B actors voiced more than just one character.
    Last edited: Jan 1, 2014
    • Creative Creative x 1
  2. James Vipond

James Vipond Intern Forum Member New Member

I can think of a few:
    • Nicole Jaffe had only one voice role: the "CBS Velma" on Scooby-Doo, Where Are You! and The New Scooby-Doo Movies. Same with her successors on ABC, Pat Stevens and Marla Frumkin. Jaffe reprised the role in a couple of direct-to-DVD Scooby films.
    • Indira Stefanianna Christopherson and Heather North both voiced Daphne Blake, and no other characters.
    • On The Harlem Globetrotters (1970), all the male voice actors except Scatman Crothers (voice of Meadowlark Lemon) appear to have left voice acting after the Globetrotters' crossovers to The New Scooby-Doo Movies. Likewise Nancy Wible, the voice of Granny, though she had worked in a couple of Loopy de Loop shorts a decade earlier.
    • Virginia Gregg's only role for Hanna-Barbera was Tara on The Herculoids, both the original series and the revival on Space Stars.
    • Barbara Minkus' only voice role was as Ms. Pac-Man.
    • In the 1992 series of The Addams Family, Carol Channing and Debi Derryberry voiced Grandmama Addams and Wednesday Addams, respectively.
    • Like Like x 1
  3. emeraldisle

Actually, Virginia Gregg did voice a few H-B characters post-Herculoids. These include the Gossipy Witch from "Yogi's Gang," and Aunt Dete from "Heidi's Song."

Also, Keith Andes and Virginia Eiler voiced Birdman and Gravity Girl, but no one else. And John David "Johnny" Carson voiced Dino Boy. Not to mention Michelle Robinson, whose only voice acting role was Sandy Devlin.
    Last edited: Jan 1, 2014
  4. emeraldisle

Plus, there were Ann Jillian and Ron Pinckard, who voiced divers Gail and Ed on "Sealab 2020."
  5. emeraldisle

And I keep forgetting that Bob Lutell voiced Gator on "Inch High, Private Eye," but no one else.
  6. RascalsFan84

RascalsFan84 Inbetweener Forum Member New Member

I was going to add Nancy Cartwright (the voice of Gloria on Richie Rich), but then discoverd that she voiced Woody on Popeye & Son.

Also, I read on imdb that Gloria's last name was Patterson. I thought it was Gloria Glad?
  7. emeraldisle

Cartwright also voiced Kip Kangaroo during the second season of "Shirt Tales." Another one-shot from "Sealab 2020" was Olga James, who voiced Mrs. Thomas.

Also, there was Chuck McLendon, who voiced the animated Keith Partridge in "Partridge Family: 2200 A. D." He never acted again, probably due to the embarrassment that show turned out to be.
    Last edited: Jan 2, 2014
  8. oneuglybunny

oneuglybunny Moderator Staff Member Forum Member

Cheryl Jean Stoppelmoor provided the singing voice of drummer Melody Valentine from Hanna-Barbera's adaptation of Josie And The Pussy Cats, credited at the time as Cherie Moor. As far as I can determine, with the help of the IMDB, this would be the sole cartoon foray for the actress destined to become Kris Munroe on the second season of Charlie's Angels. :)
  9. wiley207

wiley207 Intern Forum Member New Member

There was also Larry Storch as the Joker on two episodes of "The New Scooby-Doo Movies." Typically Larry Storch didn't do voices for Hanna-Barbera; he was instead heard at Warner Bros. Animation (in the late 1960s), DePatie-Freleng, Filmation and I think a few others...
  10. emeraldisle

Gerld Mohr, Jo An Pflug, and Jack Flounders voiced Reed Richards, Sue Richards, and Jonhnny Storm in H-B adaptation of "The Fantastic Four." Mohr passed away two years after the show's premiere. Pflug returned to live action roles, and Flounders just became another has-been.
  11. wiley207

wiley207 Intern Forum Member New Member

Uh, Carol Channing was also in "Two Stupid Dogs," in the 1993 episode "Red Strikes Back" as the sexy witch that imprisons the two dogs and Red Riding Hood when they come up to the candy house from "Hansel and Gretel."
  12. Pokey J.Anti-Blockhead

Pokey J.Anti-Blockhead Intern Forum Member New Member

Okay...
    some major overlooked early ones:
    From "Top Cat":
    Maurice Gosfield as Benny
    Allen Jenkins as Officer Dibble

From "The Jetsons:
    Not only Penny Singleton as Jane as mentioned by emarldisle (the original thread poster) but George O'Hanlon as husband George ,though he did write several Gazoo-Flintstones, "Curtain Call in Bedrock" and "Seeing Doubles", both of which had the "Sunshine Babies" closing from the final season debut "No Biz Like Show Biz".

Speaking of No Biz like Show Biz, on the "Flintstones"
    Bernard Fox as Brian Epstein, Beatles manager at the time, aka Eppy Briantstone.

Phil Luther (Tink) and Arlene Golonka (Debbie) on "Scoo-" I mean, "Speed Buggy".Edit-just make that a repeat of what the first poster said. Shirley Mitchell did voicework as the Cathy character's mom (not a favorite strip of mine, but..anywy.) and I think she was the hen on WB"s 1952 "Easy Peckin's" ("Oh, George, you shouldn't have done it George, you SHOULDN'T have DONE IT", Bob McKimson, he brought to WB some voice actors that other studios, but not WB used, but that's another topic..
  13. emeraldisle

Both Sally Struthers and Mickey Stevens voiced the teenaged Pebbles Flintstone in the early '70's spinoffs. Struthers quit, since she was also playing Gloria Stivic on "All In The Family." Stevens was another who was quickly forgotten.
  14. oneuglybunny

oneuglybunny Moderator Staff Member Forum Member

^ Whoops. Sally Struthers returned to voice acting for Walt Disney Television, providing the whinging and the nagging of Rebecca Cunningham from the Talespin series.
  15. artytoons

artytoons Administrator I SUPPORT BCDB! Forum Member New Member

David Hubbard was sometimes billed as David Raynr. He appeared in the NBC series "James at 15/16".

Ted Knight was the narrator of the "Super Friends" hourlong story version in its first year and played the Joker and the Penguin in a "Scooby Doo Movie" story with Batman and Robin. Knight originated his roles as the narrator, Joker, and Penguin in the 1960s Filmation version of "Batman". Knight was a regular performer for Filmation cartoons until his fame as Ted Baxter on "The Mary Tyler Moore Show". Knight also in the voice cast of "Inch High, Private Eye" in a guest role.

Jamie Farr also was a guest voice on "Inch High, Private Eye" and was a story writer for "The Amazing Chan and the Chan Clan". Of course, he was Corporal Klinger on "MASH".

Steve Spears played Blitz in "Trollkins" and Jace in the 80s "Space Ghost" segments on "Space Stars" as his Hanna-Barbera work.

Roger Peltz did a great Jim Nabors impression as Deputy Goofer in "The Buford Files" for his only H-B work.

Jack Mercer reprised his "Popeye" voice for H-B's version of "Popeye" for several seasons and wrote some stories. Maurice LaMarche played Popeye in "Popeye and Son" a few years after Mercer's death in 1984.

Bud Abbott played himself in cartoon form for H-B's "Abbott and Costello" cartoons.

Most of the prime-time stars of H-B's live-action tv show adaptations in cartoon form like "Fonz and the Happy Days Gang", "Laverne and Shirley", "Mork and Mindy", "The Gary Coleman Show," and "The Dukes" played their own characters and that was about it for their H-B involvement for the most part. Henry Winkler reprised his Fonz character in the final "Laverne and Shirley in the Army" season. Sorrell Booke played various guest voices on other H-B cartoons. Robin Williams played in a lot of animation roles in films.

Donny Most did play Ralph Malph in "Happy Days Gang" and Mick in "Teen Wolf" for Southern Star Productions (formerly Hanna-Barbera's Australia studio).
    Last edited: Feb 21, 2014
  16. emeraldisle

"Fonz And The Happy Days Gang" also had Ron Howard and Herny Winkler voicing their characters'animated likenesses. Plus, it was Did Conn's only voice acting role as Cupcake.
    Last edited: Jan 10, 2014
  17. artytoons

John Erwin played stuffy Ronald Radford in Hanna-Barbera's 1979 version of "The Thing"...Erwin performed on several Filmation shows including Reggie on "Archie", Dick Tracy and Smokey Stover in "Archie's TV Funnies" and He-Man/Prince Adam in the 1980s "He-Man and the Masters of the Universe" show and as the voice of Morris the cat in the 9-Lives commercials.

Hans Conried played villainous Dr. Dred on "Drak Pack" as his only H-B role. He was a familiar voice on Jay Ward's cartoons and of course Captain Hook in Disney's "Peter Pan".

David Landsburg played Woody on "The Buford Files" as his only H-B role.

Diane McClendon played space patrol officer Mini in "Casper and The Angels" as her only H-B role.

Vernee Watson played crime-solving Didi in "Captain Caveman and the Teen Angels" and "Laff-A-Lympics" as her only H-B role.

Nancy Wible's role as Granny, Robert DoQui as Pablo, and Eddie "Rochester" Anderson as Bobby Jo Mason in the 1970s "Harlem Globetrotters" series were their only H-B work. Adam Wade as Twiggy Saunders/Gizmo Man in "Super Globetrotters" was also his only H-B role.

Dom DeLuise as Mr. Evictus in "The Roman Holidays" was his only H-B tv series role. I'm not sure if he participated in any H-B theatrical films.

Tom Bosley played Harry Boyle in "Wait Till Your Father Gets Home" and played a guest role in "Yogi's Gang"...his "Happy Days" Howard Cunningham character didn't appear in "Fonz and the Happy Days Gang". Jack Burns as Ralph and David Hayward as Chet from "Father" were their only H-B roles...Hayward played Chet in Season 1 and Lennie Weinrib took over the role in Season 2.

Vincent Price as Vincent Van Ghoul and Arte Johnson as Weird the ghost in "The 13 Ghosts of Scooby Doo."

Jo Anne Worley as Sgt. Blast in "Private Olive Oyl".

Ron Palillo as Sgt. Squealy in "Laverne and Shirley in the Army".

For the "Charlotte's Web" movie: Debbie Reynolds as Charlotte, Agnes Moorhead as the Goose, and Rex Allen as the narrator as their only HB work...as was Lorne Greene in "Heidi's Song".

Neil Patrick Harris as Max in "Capitol Critters" only.
    Last edited: Jan 10, 2014
    • Informative Informative x 1
  18. artytoons

Storch was a guest voice in the animated "Mork and Mindy" series...a co-production of Hanna-Barbera and Ruby-Spears.
  19. James Vipond

James Vipond Intern Forum Member New Member

Not quite true. Although Dee Dee Skyes is Vernee's most famous animation role, she also had guest roles on The World's Greatest Super Friends and A Pup Named Scooby-Doo.

The Super Friends franchise itself had several one-role voice actors:
    • Shannon Farnon and Constance Caulfield (Wonder Woman)
    • Olan Soule (Batman)
    • Fernando Escandon (El Dorado)
    • Ernie Hudson (Cyborg)
    • Dick Ryal (Captain Cold)
    • Marlene Aragon (Cheetah)
    • Ruth Forman (Giganta)
  20. emeraldisle

Pardon me, but Shannon Farnon also voiced Km Butler on "Valley Of The Dinosaurs." Plus, Olan Suule became the vocie of Professor Martin Stein when Adma ewst took over as the voice of Batman beginning in 1984.