1. Big Cartoon Forum

You WIll Need To Reset Your Password!!!

We just moved hosts on this system, and this has caused a few updates. One is the way we encode and store the encoded passwords.

Your old passwords will NOT work. You will need to reset your password. This is normal. Just click on reset password from the log in screen. Should be smooth as silk to do...

Sorry for the hassle.

Dave Koch
  2. Big Cartoon Forum

Are You Just Hanging Out?

Just lurking? Join the club, we'd love to have you in the Big Cartoon Forum! Sign up is easy- just enter your name and password.... or join using your Facebook account!

Membership has it's privileges... you can post and get your questions answered directly. But you can also join our community, and help other people with their questions, You can add to the discussion. And it's free! So join today!

Dave Koch
  3. Big Cartoon Forum

Other Side Of Maleficent

I have been looking forward to Maleficent with equal amounts of anticipation and dread. On one hand, she is easily my favorite Disney villain, so cold and so pure, and I want desperately to see more of her and her back-story. On the other hand, she is easily my favorite Disney villain, and I would hate to see her parodied, taken lightly or ultimately destroyed in a film that does not understand this great character. The good news is that this film almost gets it right; but that is also the bad news.

4. Big Cartoon Forum

BCDB Hits 150K Entries

It took a while, but we are finally here! The Big Cartoon DataBase hit the milestone of 150,000 entries earlier today with the addition of the cartoon The Polish Language. This film was added to BCDB on May 9th, 2014 at 4:23 PM.

5. Big Cartoon Forum

Warner Brings Back Animated Stone-Age Family

Funnyman Will Ferrell and partner Adam McKay are working on bringing back everyone’s favorite stone-age family. The duo’s production company Gary Sanchez Productions is in development on a new Flintstones animated feature.

6. Big Cartoon Forum

Disney To Feast In France

The follow up to Disney’s 2013 Academy Award Winning short Paperman has been announced, and it will premiere at France’s Annecy International Animated Film Festival. Titled The Feast, the short looks to be based on the same stylized CG techniques used on last years Paperman, a more natural and hand-drawn look to computer animation.

7. Big Cartoon Forum

Renegades of Animation: Pat Sullivan

Pat Sullivan became famous worldwide for his creation of Felix the Cat. What most animation histories gloss over is Sullivan’s checkered past and longtime standing as a wildcat renegade. He didn’t follow the rules. And he made damn sure to fully protect his intellectual properties.

ACME products

Discussion in 'Warner Bros.' started by oneuglybunny, May 4, 2014.

1. oneuglybunny

oneuglybunny Moderator Staff Member Forum Member

There's a discussion about this over at "the other place," so I thought that we'd bandy the topic about.
    ACME products, from A Company that Makes Everything, literally. Stuff no sane person would ever want / need / buy, or even think to invent in the first place. One glaring example:

Earthquake Pills, from the Road Runner cartoons.

Who would want to create earthquakes? At all? Something to prevent or mitigate them, certainly. But allowing that they were aiming for a military application, then why make several hundred, and put them in a bottle and then sell them over the counter? And somebody bought a bottle. Of earthquake pills. Not some general or colonel from the Pentagon, but some goofus in New Mexico. Granted, it's sparsely populated, but just the idea of some unsupervised klutz with questionable morals walking around with the ability to generate earthquakes on a whim ... and nobody has a problem with this.

Apparently, the Looney Tunes universe is populated purely by lunatics, unconcerned that WMD's are being mass-produced and sold free-market to motivated cuckoos. Oh, doesn't that just explain everything? Hence, the ACME Corporation makes patently insane things, because their clientele are terminally bonkers.
  2. saltyboot

saltyboot A Moderating Moderator Staff Member Forum Member

In addition to products, ACME also has a baby sitting agency and a theatrical agency.
  3. mreiof

mreiof Moderator Staff Member I SUPPORT BCDB! Forum Member

ACME—our lunatics [joker] serve your fanatics. [wile]
  4. MrCleveland

MrCleveland Key Animator Forum Member New Member

I'm now in a Broadcasting School and it would be interesting if I can form ACME commercials.
  5. saltyboot

ACME even makes weapons. For example; the ACME Disintegrating Pistol. Boy when it disintegrates, it disintegrates.
  6. oneuglybunny

^ And ACME also makes the Re-Integrating Pistol. Presumably necessitated by an attempted coup at the ACME factory. This, in turn, likely caused the ACME chairman to consider monkeys as employees.

There's also the ACME Rocket Sled: a rocket powered capsule that's supposed to follow a monorail track (not included, sold separately) at insane speed. Of course, this is also escape velocity; therefore, it launches into orbit instead of following the track. And this also begs the Karl Benz Question: how do you make the thing stop? As nearly as I can tell, the ACME catalog is like a Sears catalog pandering to those with too much money and too little sanity.
  7. saltyboot

You know.... I just so happen to have an ACME catalog. It came with the book, "The Looney Tunes Treasury." Here are a few examples.

001 (600x800).jpg 002 (800x600).jpg 003 (800x600).jpg
  8. MrCleveland

ACME Bat Man Costume...(Not Affiliated with Batman whatsoever).

I could make a few commercials out of these products...even one where "The Simpsons" pop in, actually Bart Simpson a-la Energizer! Something like this....

9. mreiof

Saltyboot, that ACME catalog is a wonder in just three pages! That's pure Stan Freberg kind of humor. Thank you for posting that!
    And, did someone mention rocket sleds? (This model seats two.)

Wile-High-Club-acme.jpg
  10. MrCleveland

Here's a plug for my ACME Portable Holes...

Announcer-Hi, ever get into a tight spot and you can't get out of? Now you can breathe easily because ACME has introduced..."ACME Portable Holes"! Watch as I demonstrate...

Narrator-(As Bart Simpson enters) Still Going! Nothing outlasts "The Simpsons", Man! We just keep going and going and going...

Announcer makes a portable hole for Bart to fall into, which Bart does.

Bart-(As he falls down the hole) Ay Carumba!

Announcer-See? Even Portable Holes are meant to get rid of product plugs! Get ACME Portable Holes! In Stores Everywhere!
  11. emeraldisle

emeraldisle Moderator Staff Member I SUPPORT BCDB!

There are many cartoon characters I'd like to see fall into portable holes.
  12. oneuglybunny

How about those ACME refrigerators? To look at, they're the rounded white boxes like all the other models. Thing is, it can make ice cubes continuously without a water supply, and run continuously without being plugged into an electric outlet. On top of that, an ACME refrigerator is lightweight enough to be carried around like a large backpack. How is this possible?

Eh, let's go with the old stand-by: A Wizard Did It.
  13. saltyboot

There's also the ACME Anti-Nightmare Machine. Used to calm the dreams of young men who are afraid to join the Army.
  14. Glowworm

Glowworm Moderator Staff Member I SUPPORT BCDB!

I'll admit it, when I was a kid, I always wanted one of those Acme Indestructo Steel Balls from "I'm Just Wild About Hurry." The animation of the Coyote rolling around in that thing just made it look so much fun!
  15. mreiof

I would love to commute in one of those things. Outta my way! [wile]
  16. saltyboot

There's also the ACME Toothpicks from Lumber Jerks. It takes one entire tree to make a single toothpick. ACME also makes the trees into Artificial Fireplace Logs.
  17. James King

James King Newbie New Member

18. artytoons

artytoons Administrator I SUPPORT BCDB! Forum Member New Member

Actually...many years later after the Acme Bat Man costume appearance...

Time-Warner bought DC Comics...publisher of Batman comics.