1. Big Cartoon Forum

You WIll Need To Reset Your Password!!!

We just moved hosts on this system, and this has caused a few updates. One is the way we encode and store the encoded passwords.

Your old passwords will NOT work. You will need to reset your password. This is normal. Just click on reset password from the log in screen. Should be smooth as silk to do...

Sorry for the hassle.

Dave Koch
  2. Big Cartoon Forum

Are You Just Hanging Out?

Just lurking? Join the club, we'd love to have you in the Big Cartoon Forum! Sign up is easy- just enter your name and password.... or join using your Facebook account!

Membership has it's privileges... you can post and get your questions answered directly. But you can also join our community, and help other people with their questions, You can add to the discussion. And it's free! So join today!

Dave Koch
  3. Big Cartoon Forum

Other Side Of Maleficent

I have been looking forward to Maleficent with equal amounts of anticipation and dread. On one hand, she is easily my favorite Disney villain, so cold and so pure, and I want desperately to see more of her and her back-story. On the other hand, she is easily my favorite Disney villain, and I would hate to see her parodied, taken lightly or ultimately destroyed in a film that does not understand this great character. The good news is that this film almost gets it right; but that is also the bad news.

4. Big Cartoon Forum

BCDB Hits 150K Entries

It took a while, but we are finally here! The Big Cartoon DataBase hit the milestone of 150,000 entries earlier today with the addition of the cartoon The Polish Language. This film was added to BCDB on May 9th, 2014 at 4:23 PM.

5. Big Cartoon Forum

Warner Brings Back Animated Stone-Age Family

Funnyman Will Ferrell and partner Adam McKay are working on bringing back everyone’s favorite stone-age family. The duo’s production company Gary Sanchez Productions is in development on a new Flintstones animated feature.

6. Big Cartoon Forum

Disney To Feast In France

The follow up to Disney’s 2013 Academy Award Winning short Paperman has been announced, and it will premiere at France’s Annecy International Animated Film Festival. Titled The Feast, the short looks to be based on the same stylized CG techniques used on last years Paperman, a more natural and hand-drawn look to computer animation.

7. Big Cartoon Forum

Renegades of Animation: Pat Sullivan

Pat Sullivan became famous worldwide for his creation of Felix the Cat. What most animation histories gloss over is Sullivan’s checkered past and longtime standing as a wildcat renegade. He didn’t follow the rules. And he made damn sure to fully protect his intellectual properties.

Creepiest Cartoon you've watched?

Discussion in 'Cartoon Network, Nick, Boomerang and The Hub' started by Rebekah, Jul 3, 2014.

1. Rebekah

Rebekah Apprentice Forum Member New Member

What's the creepiest cartoon you've watched? Courage the Cowardly Dog is a given, but I want to hear some more. Tell me.
  2. Kutal

Kutal Newbie New Member

"Felidae". Absolutely not for children, though i watched it at the daytime on TV.
  3. Rebekah

Rebekah Apprentice Forum Member New Member

Hm, it's certainly gory, but i wouldn't say creepy as in unnerving and mind messing with.
  4. emeraldisle

emeraldisle Moderator Staff Member I SUPPORT BCDB!

Some of the early Little Audrey cartoons were creepy.
  5. artytoons

artytoons Administrator I SUPPORT BCDB! Forum Member New Member

A couple of "Fat Albert and The Cosby Kids" episodes dealt with some uncomfortable subject matter such as gang wars, personal hygiene and the lack of, bullying, misdemeanor and felony crimes, child abuse, death of a beloved family member, and one "Scared Straight" prison story ...

Bill Cosby was not one to sugar-coat uncomfortable things happening to Fat Albert and his friends as a story consultant...all for the better to teach good lessons on how to react and respond to such realistic events in a positive manner.
    Last edited: Jul 8, 2014
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Kutal

Kutal Newbie New Member

Then..."Extreme Ghostbusters". This show had a variety of creepy ghosts. The best episodes in my opinion is "Deadliners" and "The Unseen". I just couldn't sleep for a week after watching.
  7. Glowworm

Glowworm Moderator Staff Member I SUPPORT BCDB!

Sabban's Adventures of Pinocchio--also known in Japanese as Kashi no Ki Mokku (Mokku of the Oak Tree or Mokku Woody the Oak Tree is downright disturbing. I used to watch this show as a child on HBO--and didn't realize just how dark it was until I saw the english dubbed episodes online--which despite being heavily censored at times--even the editing can't hide just how distubing this show was. Sure, the original Pinocchio was a jerk at times and got into strange adventures in the original novel, but this adaption made the book look rather mild by comparison. Basically, Pinocchio goes through a lot of adventures--and abuse in order to earn his wish to become a real boy.
    In one episode, Pinocchio is convinced by a cat that if he acquires his classmate's heart, he'll become a real boy--despite all the edits placed on this episode, it is still quite obvious that Pinocchio is contemplating murder in order to become human. In another episode, he attempts to save a boy who was picking on him earlier from the river--in any other cartoon, the boy would have been safe, but in this one, the boy drowns despite Pinocchio's best efforts. In yet another episode, a fox and weasel (reoccuring characters who first pick on Pinocchio and later help him out) pretend to be priests and crucify (!) him, telling him that if he can hold out for three days without food or drink, his prayers to become a real boy may be answered.
  8. MrCleveland

MrCleveland Key Animator Forum Member New Member

I was never a fan of "Ren and Stimpy", the show was grossed-out and I keep asking why did Nickelodeon ever green-light this show? It should've been on MTV!
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Glowworm

Although I never had nightmares of the show or recall anything that disturbed me as a child--that is one show from my childhood I don't want to revisit. I was probably only about 4 or 5 when it was on, and something about it didn't sit right with me.
  10. oneuglybunny

oneuglybunny Moderator Staff Member Forum Member

The creepiest cartoon I can recall is from Marvel Productions: Gahan Wilson's Diner. The man already has an eye for the arcane and bizarre; this is a roadside "capsule" diner straight out of Spooksville. Produced in 1992 by Richard Trueblood. Um ... o_O
  11. saltyboot

saltyboot A Moderating Moderator Staff Member Forum Member

Betty Boop's cartoons, Minnie the Moocher and Snow White are pretty creepy. Talk about trippy toons.

Minnie the Moocher- Specifically the background behind the walrus, and the cat nursing her kittens. As they grow, she shrinks.

Snow White- Mainly the background during the song. Also, the dragon turning inside out.
  12. Kutal

Kutal Newbie New Member

I think this is a champion of creepy cartoons. I was very scared, watching it back then in my childhood, and even now i don't want to watch this again. You're warned.
    If i remember correctly, the plot is about very lazy man, who didn't do anything for weeks. One day, his laziness grew so big that it turned him into the fish. At first, man tried to resist, but then he decided it is okay; as long as he got the food, everything is fine.
    This is USSR animation, by the way. Just a grain of sand in the sea of disturbing cartoons.
  13. Glowworm

I used to get really creeped out by a cartoon that used to be shown on Nickelodeon between shows called "The Killing of an Egg" basically a rather ugly looking man starts tapping his softboiled egg with his spoon, while a little voice keeps asking "Who is it?" He then proceeds to mash it to death while the voice inside screams. Then the same exact thing happens to the man inside his home.
  14. 80swaver

80swaver Newbie New Member

I thought Aeon Flux was pretty creepy. And maybe the wartime cartoons that Disney made.
  15. GumBall

GumBall Newbie New Member

Probably "Regular Show" and "Chowder", maybe "Coraline", sometimes I don't get their plots, just saying.
  16. ROXY9292

ROXY9292 Newbie New Member

Couldn't agree more! I never get any meaning of "Regular Show" [wtf]
  17. Michael J. Ruhland

Michael J. Ruhland Apprentice Forum Member New Member

Gravity Falls has been getting pretty creepy with it's 2nd season episodes. Also the episode "Unity" from Superman: The Animated Series makes me fairly uncomfortable. Also of course, The Pleasure Island scene from Pinocchio, and the turning back into a puppet scene from Pinocchio and the Emperor of the Night.
  18. BloodyChamp

BloodyChamp Apprentice Forum Member New Member

The John K. Ren and Stimpy's were creepy but they were funny enough not to be to creepy. They ended on a good enough note that it didn't bother you to, similar to the creepy Fleischer, Jones, etc cartoons.

Now fast forward to garbage like Egg Yolkeo...ugh...worst cartoon ever made imo.
  19. Pokey J.Anti-Blockhead

Pokey J.Anti-Blockhead Intern Forum Member New Member

Three words: "What? NO GRAVY?"
    "Chow Hound", WB, 1951.
  20. Thumpsquid

Thumpsquid Apprentice Forum Member New Member

When it comes to animation guaranteed to give you the willies there's only one word necessary - HUNGER... sweet dreams everyone. ;-)