1. Big Cartoon Forum

You WIll Need To Reset Your Password!!!

We just moved hosts on this system, and this has caused a few updates. One is the way we encode and store the encoded passwords.

Your old passwords will NOT work. You will need to reset your password. This is normal. Just click on reset password from the log in screen. Should be smooth as silk to do...

Sorry for the hassle.

Dave Koch
  2. Big Cartoon Forum

Are You Just Hanging Out?

Just lurking? Join the club, we'd love to have you in the Big Cartoon Forum! Sign up is easy- just enter your name and password.... or join using your Facebook account!

Membership has it's privileges... you can post and get your questions answered directly. But you can also join our community, and help other people with their questions, You can add to the discussion. And it's free! So join today!

Dave Koch
  3. Big Cartoon Forum

Other Side Of Maleficent

I have been looking forward to Maleficent with equal amounts of anticipation and dread. On one hand, she is easily my favorite Disney villain, so cold and so pure, and I want desperately to see more of her and her back-story. On the other hand, she is easily my favorite Disney villain, and I would hate to see her parodied, taken lightly or ultimately destroyed in a film that does not understand this great character. The good news is that this film almost gets it right; but that is also the bad news.

4. Big Cartoon Forum

BCDB Hits 150K Entries

It took a while, but we are finally here! The Big Cartoon DataBase hit the milestone of 150,000 entries earlier today with the addition of the cartoon The Polish Language. This film was added to BCDB on May 9th, 2014 at 4:23 PM.

5. Big Cartoon Forum

Warner Brings Back Animated Stone-Age Family

Funnyman Will Ferrell and partner Adam McKay are working on bringing back everyone’s favorite stone-age family. The duo’s production company Gary Sanchez Productions is in development on a new Flintstones animated feature.

6. Big Cartoon Forum

Disney To Feast In France

The follow up to Disney’s 2013 Academy Award Winning short Paperman has been announced, and it will premiere at France’s Annecy International Animated Film Festival. Titled The Feast, the short looks to be based on the same stylized CG techniques used on last years Paperman, a more natural and hand-drawn look to computer animation.

7. Big Cartoon Forum

Renegades of Animation: Pat Sullivan

Pat Sullivan became famous worldwide for his creation of Felix the Cat. What most animation histories gloss over is Sullivan’s checkered past and longtime standing as a wildcat renegade. He didn’t follow the rules. And he made damn sure to fully protect his intellectual properties.

Top 35 Hanna-Barbera Siblings.

Discussion in 'Hanna-Barbera' started by emeraldisle, Apr 10, 2015.

1. emeraldisle

emeraldisle Moderator Staff Member I SUPPORT BCDB!

In honor of National Siblings Day, I decided to compile the best HB brothers and sisters of all time.

35. The Envy Brothers, "Yogi's Gang." They're at the bottom for being villains.

34. Grifter and Snively Chizzling, "Hey, There, It's Yogi Bear." Same reason.

33. Jimmy and Janie, "The Thanksgiving That Almost Wasn't." These kids were only seen at the beginning of the special.

32. The Partridge Kids, "Goober And The Ghost Chasers," and "Partridge Family: 2200 A.D." I put them at this number due to the fact that I liked them in "Goober" much better.

31. The Clown Family, "Tabitha And Adam And The Clown Family." Didn't really get into them.

30. Tie: Fantastic Max and Zoe, "Fantastic Max," and the un-named Princess and Prince Junior, "Yippee, Yappee, and Yahooey." I never really followed "Fantastic Max" all that much, and the prince and princess are the only siblings who weren't seen onscreen together.

29. Tie: Roxy and Chip Rubble, "Hollyrock A Bye Baby," and Jonathan and Judy Brown, "Paddington Bear."

28. Muttley and Mumbly, These characters were in separate shows, but as mentioned in a previous thread, they were brothers.

27. Shaggy and Maggie Rogers. Maggie wasn't seen until the episode "Wedding Bell Boos," when her wedding was disrupted by the ghost of their ancestor.

26. Cora and Alice Munro, "Last Of The Mohicans."

25. Tie: Kelly and Betty Harkness, "The Thing," and Puggsley and Wednesday Addams," The Addams Family"(both versions). Kelly and Betty were as different as two sisters could be, and Puggsley and Wednesday were sufficiently entertaining.

24. Pepper and Dotty, "Clue Club." Who wouldn't have wanted Dotty for a kid sister?

23. Henry, Stanley, Susie, Tom, Alan, Ann, Nancy, Flip, Scooter, and Mimi Chan, "The Amazing Chan And The Chan Clan." The largest group of crime solvers ever.

22. Happius and Precocia Holiday, "The Roman Holidays."

21. Ben, Katie, and Danny Day, "These Are The Days."

20. Lok and Tana, "Valley Of The Dinosaurs."

19. Bobby and Sally Murphy, "Sealab 2020."

18. Chet, Alice, and Jamie Boyle, "Wait Till Your Father Gets Home."

17. Katie And Greg Butler, "Valley Of The Dinosaurs."

16. Pipeye, Pupeye, Peepeye, and Poopeye," The All-New Popeye Hour." Popeye's four nephews were originally from the old theatrical shorts, but their PSA's on this show were unforgettable.

15. Tabitha And Adam, "Tabitha And Adam And The Clown Family." Gotta love magical kids.

14. Rosie and Nick, 'Midnight Patrol."

13. The Powerpuff Girls.

12. Morphea and her un-named sisters, "Island Of Lost Ships," from "Godzilla." Yes, they were evil, but this was one of my favorite episodes, due to my love of mythology.

11. Sheera and Little Rok," Mighty Mightor."

10. Tie: Ernie, Tod, and Sandy Devlin, and Flora and Shag Rugg, "The Hillbilly Bears."

9. Chuck and Nancy, "Shazzan."

8. Tom and Tub, "Moby Dick,"

7. The Wonder Twins, Zan And Jayna," The All-New Superfriends Hour," and subsequent series.

6. Scooby-Doo, Ruby Doo, Skippy Doo, Yabba Doo, and Dooby-Doo. Scooby had quite a family, didn't he?

5. Jonny Storm and Sue Richards, "The Fantastic Four." Hope this makes up for my previous ranking of Reed and Sue.

4. Alexander and Alexandra Cabot," Josie And The Pussycats/Josie And The Pussycats In Outer Space."

3. Wally and Steffie, "Butch Cassidy And The Sundance Kids."

2. Tie: Judy and Elroy Jetson, "The Jetsons," and Craig and Linc Robinson, "Lost In Space."

1. Jan and Jace, "Space Ghost."
    Last edited: Apr 26, 2015
  2. Bobby Bickert

Bobby Bickert Inbetweener Forum Member New Member

"Hey kids! Want some DRUGS?"
  3. emeraldisle

I also give honorable mention to Freaky and Atrocia Frankenstone.
  4. Thinice

Thinice Intern Forum Member New Member

Great list but I was sad the Dalton Brothers missed out. Who can forget Dinky, Dirty and Dastardly Dalton.
  5. emeraldisle

You're right. I never thought of them.
  6. Thinice

Thinice Intern Forum Member New Member

Amazing list.

I had to laugh thinking about the Really Rottens booing that the Dalton Brothers were left off.:)
  7. emeraldisle

Thanks. Hope you checked out the other lists.
  8. oneuglybunny

oneuglybunny Moderator Staff Member Forum Member

Just out of curiosity, why are you counting the Cabots among all the other Hanna-Barbera creations? It's true that Hanna-Barbera produced the cartoon series, Josie and the Pussy Cats, but this title was an adaptation of Archie Comics' She's Josie series. In the comics, Josie and Alan were the One True Pair, with Alexandra trying to subvert Josie to get at Alan, and Alexander trying to undermine Alan to woo Josie. Sort of a love quadrangle, except that Alexander and Alexandra couldn't settle for each other. They also rarely coordinated their schemes, which often had negating effects. Of course, one could argue that as a result of the popularity of the cartoon series, the comic Josie universe was ret-conned to match.
  9. emeraldisle

I included them for being brother and sister, no other reason. Keep in mind that I also included Johnny Storm and Sue Richards, who also were not HB creations.
    • Useful Useful x 1
  10. oneuglybunny

Ah, good point, Johnny Storm and Susan Storm Richards are the creation of Stan Lee and Jack Kirby for Marvel Comics. I must agree that Hanna-Barbera could animate siblings believably, especially brother-sister pairings.
  11. Bobby Bickert

Bobby Bickert Inbetweener Forum Member New Member

Also, in some of the comic books Alexandra was a genuine witch.

GCD :: Cover :: Josie and the Pussycats #47

GCD :: Cover :: Josie and the Pussycats #105
    • Like Like x 1
  12. oneuglybunny

Which, for comic story purposes, worked just fine for Archie Comics. In Alexandra's case, she was too young to cast strong, lasting spells; many times, something as simple as Melody snapping her fingers would negate Alexandra's magic. However, for the cartoon series, Hanna-Barbera made some necessary revamps. They discarded Alexandra's witch powers, since that would make getting out of scrapes with villains too easy. They also marginalized the Cabots' wealth, keeping them on a tight financial leash. I think it resulted in a wonderfully coordinated cast that could work almost any comic mechanism while in-character. :)