1. Big Cartoon Forum

You WIll Need To Reset Your Password!!!

We just moved hosts on this system, and this has caused a few updates. One is the way we encode and store the encoded passwords.

Your old passwords will NOT work. You will need to reset your password. This is normal. Just click on reset password from the log in screen. Should be smooth as silk to do...

Sorry for the hassle.

Dave Koch
  2. Big Cartoon Forum

Are You Just Hanging Out?

Just lurking? Join the club, we'd love to have you in the Big Cartoon Forum! Sign up is easy- just enter your name and password.... or join using your Facebook account!

Membership has it's privileges... you can post and get your questions answered directly. But you can also join our community, and help other people with their questions, You can add to the discussion. And it's free! So join today!

Dave Koch
  3. Big Cartoon Forum

Other Side Of Maleficent

I have been looking forward to Maleficent with equal amounts of anticipation and dread. On one hand, she is easily my favorite Disney villain, so cold and so pure, and I want desperately to see more of her and her back-story. On the other hand, she is easily my favorite Disney villain, and I would hate to see her parodied, taken lightly or ultimately destroyed in a film that does not understand this great character. The good news is that this film almost gets it right; but that is also the bad news.

4. Big Cartoon Forum

BCDB Hits 150K Entries

It took a while, but we are finally here! The Big Cartoon DataBase hit the milestone of 150,000 entries earlier today with the addition of the cartoon The Polish Language. This film was added to BCDB on May 9th, 2014 at 4:23 PM.

5. Big Cartoon Forum

Warner Brings Back Animated Stone-Age Family

Funnyman Will Ferrell and partner Adam McKay are working on bringing back everyone’s favorite stone-age family. The duo’s production company Gary Sanchez Productions is in development on a new Flintstones animated feature.

6. Big Cartoon Forum

Disney To Feast In France

The follow up to Disney’s 2013 Academy Award Winning short Paperman has been announced, and it will premiere at France’s Annecy International Animated Film Festival. Titled The Feast, the short looks to be based on the same stylized CG techniques used on last years Paperman, a more natural and hand-drawn look to computer animation.

7. Big Cartoon Forum

Renegades of Animation: Pat Sullivan

Pat Sullivan became famous worldwide for his creation of Felix the Cat. What most animation histories gloss over is Sullivan’s checkered past and longtime standing as a wildcat renegade. He didn’t follow the rules. And he made damn sure to fully protect his intellectual properties.

Jayce And The Wheeled Warriors soundtrack

Discussion in 'Other / Multiple Studios' started by litefoot, Jul 11, 2020.

1. litefoot

litefoot Apprentice Forum Member New Member

For those of us who adore Shuki Levy's He-Man and She-Ra music, you will be very interested to hear that the French soundtrack company Tele 80 (who have released He-Man and Inspector Gadget albums) are releasing Levy's music for Jayce And The Wheeled Warriors.

It's being done as a crowdfunding campaign, with release planned for September, if you back it. Needless to say, I have done so!

They offer four packages:
    CD
    Vinyl
    CD and vinyl
    CD, vinyl, poster in a boxset

More details here

Jayce et les conquérants de la lumière ! La B.O. ! - Ulule
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. RascalsFan84

RascalsFan84 Inbetweener Forum Member New Member

I would love to see releases of the Dennis the Menace cartoon series and Hulk Hogan Rock N'Wrestling soundtracks.
  3. litefoot

They've reached 365% of funding which is pretty damn amazing!
  4. RascalsFan84

Regarding the music from "Inspector Gadget", I did discover a few tracks that were not included in that soundtrack released a few years ago. One I recall not being there is the background music used in the car chase theme in "Luck of the Irish" which involves oil drums which the "lepre-con" intentionally loses to make Gadget go away. The same background music was also used in "Tree Guesses" where another chase scene occurred but wood rot formula was poured over a bridge and was corroding, and Gadget managed to escape uninjured thanks to Penny's computer skills.

Why wasn't that particular track included in the soundtrack released a few years ago? Was it by a different composer?
  5. RascalsFan84

Either way, I am glad that Shuki Levy is slowly releasing some of his music from cartoon series to the public. I can only hope that someday, Hoyt Curtin's estate may release his Hanna-Barbera background music from the early 1980s series such as "Richie Rich", and music from "The Little Rascals" that was recycled on "The Gary Coleman Show", "Scooby and Scrappy-Doo" season 4, and "Shirt Tales". I do know it's likely that Hoyt's music exclusively heard in "The Little Rascals" will likely never see the light of day, given the legal trouble the show faced in 1984. I'm kind of surprised the show continued airing on ABC through September 1, 1984, considering the lawsuit was filed by March 1984.

Hoyt's estate did release the background music from "The Flintstones", "Scooby-Doo, Where Are You", "Yogi Bear", and other older H-B toons. Maybe the early 1980s music, particularly the "Richie Rich" background music, will get released someday, but first they have to release music from later 1970s productions, but I am very doubtful about "The Little Rascals" music, unless a score was recycled in other H-B toons in 1982-84.
  6. litefoot

I do have the most recent Gadget CD. But I don't know how much music was composed for the show and wasn't put on the CD. It could be a LOT more. Look at how much music Shuki Levy composed for Mysterious Cities of Gold. That was a lot!
  7. RascalsFan84

I thought the Inspector Gadget CD was released longer ago than recent? I found out that clips from that soundtrack were on YT and they were uploaded over a decade ago. I doubt 2010 is considered "recent", unless there was an updated CD in recent years.
  8. litefoot

It was released around 2013

[​IMG]
    • Useful Useful x 1
  9. RascalsFan84

Thanks for clarifying. Maybe this 30th anniversary edition has more cues that were not featured in the original CD. If my math is correct, there were about 14 cues on the original CD.

I do have to ask, are there any short cues on the CD that were usually heard just before a commercial break (particularly the cues heard when Gadget is in the process of getting in harm's way (the longer cue), or Gadget was facing harm pretty quickly (there were two cues in these situations both of which were pretty quick, one of them using a trombone-style, and the other using a higher-pitched brass instrument of some sort)?

I'd be interested in purchasing this CD someday, unless the tracks on this CD are uploaded on YT already.
  10. litefoot

The tracks aren't on YouTube alas.

There are 30 tracks on my 2013 CD. Full list here:

Inspector Gadget- Soundtrack details - SoundtrackCollector.com

It's been ages since I've watched the series so I don't know if any of the cues you describe are on the CD.
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  11. RascalsFan84

For some of the tracks that are not on the CD, I did create audio clips of at least two end of segment cues - one of them involved Gadget getting into danger (like in "Snakin' All Over" where the end of a scene involved a snake hypnotizing Gadget and a boa constrictor wrapped around Gadget), and another where one of the principal characters suffered an impact (like the very short cue at the end of the segment in "Unhenged" where Brain discovered Gadget deep down in a mud pit after a Scottish-like MAD agent was digging peat).