1. Big Cartoon Forum

You WIll Need To Reset Your Password!!!

We just moved hosts on this system, and this has caused a few updates. One is the way we encode and store the encoded passwords.

Your old passwords will NOT work. You will need to reset your password. This is normal. Just click on reset password from the log in screen. Should be smooth as silk to do...

Sorry for the hassle.

Dave Koch
  2. Big Cartoon Forum

Are You Just Hanging Out?

Just lurking? Join the club, we'd love to have you in the Big Cartoon Forum! Sign up is easy- just enter your name and password.... or join using your Facebook account!

Membership has it's privileges... you can post and get your questions answered directly. But you can also join our community, and help other people with their questions, You can add to the discussion. And it's free! So join today!

Dave Koch
  3. Big Cartoon Forum

Other Side Of Maleficent

I have been looking forward to Maleficent with equal amounts of anticipation and dread. On one hand, she is easily my favorite Disney villain, so cold and so pure, and I want desperately to see more of her and her back-story. On the other hand, she is easily my favorite Disney villain, and I would hate to see her parodied, taken lightly or ultimately destroyed in a film that does not understand this great character. The good news is that this film almost gets it right; but that is also the bad news.

4. Big Cartoon Forum

BCDB Hits 150K Entries

It took a while, but we are finally here! The Big Cartoon DataBase hit the milestone of 150,000 entries earlier today with the addition of the cartoon The Polish Language. This film was added to BCDB on May 9th, 2014 at 4:23 PM.

5. Big Cartoon Forum

Warner Brings Back Animated Stone-Age Family

Funnyman Will Ferrell and partner Adam McKay are working on bringing back everyone’s favorite stone-age family. The duo’s production company Gary Sanchez Productions is in development on a new Flintstones animated feature.

6. Big Cartoon Forum

Disney To Feast In France

The follow up to Disney’s 2013 Academy Award Winning short Paperman has been announced, and it will premiere at France’s Annecy International Animated Film Festival. Titled The Feast, the short looks to be based on the same stylized CG techniques used on last years Paperman, a more natural and hand-drawn look to computer animation.

7. Big Cartoon Forum

Renegades of Animation: Pat Sullivan

Pat Sullivan became famous worldwide for his creation of Felix the Cat. What most animation histories gloss over is Sullivan’s checkered past and longtime standing as a wildcat renegade. He didn’t follow the rules. And he made damn sure to fully protect his intellectual properties.

Cartoons for All Hallows Eve (Halloween)

Discussion in 'Other / Multiple Studios' started by MrCleveland, Oct 21, 2016.

1. MrCleveland

MrCleveland Key Animator Forum Member New Member

With the 2nd scariest holiday coming up...many cartoons show us the tricks and treats of Halloween.

Obviously, we have The Simpsons "Treehouse of Horror", Bugs Bunny 's Halloween Special, Donald Duck's "Trick or Treat" with June Foray as the witch, Peanuts "It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown" ( why does Charlie Brown get rocks? Do the families of these children know that he's bad news)? And also "Garfield in Disguise".

Any other good Halloween cartoons to watch if you have no Halloween plans?
  2. emeraldisle

emeraldisle Moderator Staff Member I SUPPORT BCDB!

"To Boo Or Not To Boo." Casper has fun on Halloween, first joining a couple of trick or treaters, who, along with a woman, discover he's a real ghost. Then at a hoedown, he meets Lou. When everyone else is scared off, Lou reveals she's a ghost in disguise.

There are three episodes of Scooby-Doo that take place on Halloween: "The Headless Horseman Of Halloween," "To Switch A Witch," and "A Halloween Hassle At Dracula's Castle." That last one has real monsters, BTW.

"Haunted Halloween," The Jetsons. Elroy tries to protect Orbitty from a mad scientist, only to discover the man's intentions are good.

"The Headless Horseman" has Ichabod Crane and Rip Van Winkle teaming up against the witch Velma Van Dam.

"Halloween Who Dun It," Davey And Goliath. Instead of trick or treating, Davey, Sally, and their friends vandalize homes in the neighborhood, but refuse to take responsibility. Davey goes too far when he accidentally destroys a bee hive.

"Casper's Halloween Special. " Hairy Scary and his buddies frame a group of kids for their mischief, but Casper convinces them to tell the truth.

"The Halloween Tree." An animated adaptation of the Ray Bradbury novel, narrated by Bradbury himself.

"The Last Halloween." Another one from Hanna-Barbera.

"A Biskitt Halloween." The Biskitts must stop the evil Witch Of Nidor when she returns to drain life from the swamp. She also captures Wags and Sweets, plus a few forest animals.

"Halloween is Grinch Night." The Grinch and Max return and threaten young Ukariah.
  3. saltyboot

saltyboot A Moderating Moderator Staff Member Forum Member

Here are a few more.

Witch's Night Out
    Toy Story of Terror!
    Boo to You Too! Winnie the Pooh
  4. Glowworm

Glowworm Moderator Staff Member I SUPPORT BCDB!

That Will Vinton's Claymation Comedy of Horrors Show mentioned by Saltyboot through the mystery cartoon thread is pretty good. Basically a rotten teenage pig and his wimpy snail buddy find the diary of Dr. Frankenswine and head off to a spooky castle where a (real) monster convention is being held in order to get his hands upon the late doctor's monster.

Tiny Toons Night Ghoulery has Babs Bunny hosting between horror themed cartoons featuring the Tiny Toons cast. Among the highlights: A parody of Poe's the Tell Tale Heart called "The Tell-Tale Vacuum in which Plucky attempts to destroy Hampton's vacuum cleaner, and "Hold That Duck" in which Buster and Plucky take on the roles of Abbot and Costello complete with the short being in black and white.

The Devil and Daniel Mouse--A Halloween special from Nelvana tells the tale of a disheartened, down on her luck mouse singer, who after wishing to be a star, unknowingly sells her soul to the devil himself to become one. Her former music partner and friend insists on holding a trial to save her soul.
  5. saltyboot

saltyboot A Moderating Moderator Staff Member Forum Member

Doh! Why didn't I think to include the claymation one??

Here's another, The Nightmare Before Christmas. That one's good for either holiday.
    • Funny Funny x 1
  6. Bobby Bickert

Bobby Bickert Inbetweener Forum Member New Member

"Betty Boop's Hallowe'en Party"

"Fright to the Finish" (Popeye)

The Fat Albert Halloween Special

The Pumpkin Who Couldn't Smile
    (Raggedy Ann and Andy)

The Great Bear Scare (starring Ted E. Bear from The Bear Who Slept Through Christmas)
  7. emeraldisle

There was also "A Scooby Halloween," which featured mechanical scarecrows among other things.
  8. MrCleveland

MrCleveland Key Animator Forum Member New Member

Casper and Scooby-Doo are good cartoons for Halloween.

And I watched some South Park episodes with a Halloween theme..."Pinkeye", "Spookyfish", "Korn's Groovy Ghost Pirate Mystery", and "Hell on Earth 2006".

I heard there's more from South Park.
  9. Glowworm

Glowworm Moderator Staff Member I SUPPORT BCDB!

There's "Witches in Stitches" in which three witch sisters are banned from the annual witches' ball--two for their appalling behavior, the third for failing to control them. One of the witches tries to conjure up pumpkin pies to throw at trick or treaters, but instead turns the eldest sister (the one who's really upset that she can't go to the witches' ball) into a pumpkin. The sister ends up at a kid's Halloween party, and her two sisters have to set out to find her before the spell wears off.

"Daffy Duck's Quackbusters" is perfect for Halloween. In fact, a few years back, I've seen it on TV around that time.

"Billy and Mandy's Jacked Up Halloween" is a good one, in which Billy accidentally encounters an old nemesis of Grim's, Jack 'O Lantern, a prankster who Grim granted immortality to--at the cost of his head. Naturally, old Jack wants revenge.

I can't believe I'm actually saying this but the Catdog Halloween special "Catdogula" is pretty good. (I don't like Catdog) Cat must save Dog and the rest of the citizens of Nearburg after they've become vampires due to ticks.

There's the Spongebob episode "Scaredy Pants" in which Spongebob attempts to be a scary ghost for Halloween.

Rugrats had the classic "Candybar Creepshow" episode in which the babies attempt to get inside the haunted house set up for Halloween so they can get some Reptar bars. There was also "Ghost Stories" in which Angelica and the gang tell a spooky campfire tale about Chucky checking out a supposedly haunted house. The Aah! Real Monsters make a cameo appearance in this story.
  10. emeraldisle

And "Jack O Lantern" is an episode of Rankin-Bass's "Festival Of Family Classics."
    • Like Like x 1