1. Big Cartoon Forum

You WIll Need To Reset Your Password!!!

We just moved hosts on this system, and this has caused a few updates. One is the way we encode and store the encoded passwords.

Your old passwords will NOT work. You will need to reset your password. This is normal. Just click on reset password from the log in screen. Should be smooth as silk to do...

Sorry for the hassle.

Dave Koch
  2. Big Cartoon Forum

Are You Just Hanging Out?

Just lurking? Join the club, we'd love to have you in the Big Cartoon Forum! Sign up is easy- just enter your name and password.... or join using your Facebook account!

Membership has it's privileges... you can post and get your questions answered directly. But you can also join our community, and help other people with their questions, You can add to the discussion. And it's free! So join today!

Dave Koch
  3. Big Cartoon Forum

Other Side Of Maleficent

I have been looking forward to Maleficent with equal amounts of anticipation and dread. On one hand, she is easily my favorite Disney villain, so cold and so pure, and I want desperately to see more of her and her back-story. On the other hand, she is easily my favorite Disney villain, and I would hate to see her parodied, taken lightly or ultimately destroyed in a film that does not understand this great character. The good news is that this film almost gets it right; but that is also the bad news.

4. Big Cartoon Forum

BCDB Hits 150K Entries

It took a while, but we are finally here! The Big Cartoon DataBase hit the milestone of 150,000 entries earlier today with the addition of the cartoon The Polish Language. This film was added to BCDB on May 9th, 2014 at 4:23 PM.

5. Big Cartoon Forum

Warner Brings Back Animated Stone-Age Family

Funnyman Will Ferrell and partner Adam McKay are working on bringing back everyone’s favorite stone-age family. The duo’s production company Gary Sanchez Productions is in development on a new Flintstones animated feature.

6. Big Cartoon Forum

Disney To Feast In France

The follow up to Disney’s 2013 Academy Award Winning short Paperman has been announced, and it will premiere at France’s Annecy International Animated Film Festival. Titled The Feast, the short looks to be based on the same stylized CG techniques used on last years Paperman, a more natural and hand-drawn look to computer animation.

7. Big Cartoon Forum

Renegades of Animation: Pat Sullivan

Pat Sullivan became famous worldwide for his creation of Felix the Cat. What most animation histories gloss over is Sullivan’s checkered past and longtime standing as a wildcat renegade. He didn’t follow the rules. And he made damn sure to fully protect his intellectual properties.

Goodbye, Grandma.

Discussion in 'Free-For-All' started by Glowworm, Apr 28, 2014.

1. Glowworm

Glowworm Moderator Staff Member I SUPPORT BCDB!

With great sadness, I must mention that my grandmother passed away yesterday afternoon during lunch at the Greenwood House Rehabilitation center. I had just seen her last week for Passover (Greenwood House is Kosher) and she had seemed to be doing well--she has been there due to a slow healing leg wound that had caused her to feel extremely cold and sent to the hospital about a month ago. However, Grandma has had trouble walking for a while, and was having trouble relearning how recently after being mainly in a wheelchair at the center--and in her bed.

Grandma was 90, and had been married to my Grandpa for about 64 or 65 years. Grandpa always looked after Grandma with great care and came to visit every day--the center is very close to his house. He is 92 and is taking the loss well, but is obviously very emotional--when handling phone calls, he sounded a bit hoarse at times and looked like he would break down when we hugged him.

The funeral will be on Tuesday. I loved you immensely, Grandma.
    • Like Like x 1
  2. emeraldisle

emeraldisle Moderator Staff Member I SUPPORT BCDB!

I offer my condolences to you, Glow, just as you and everyone else here did when I lost my dad. RIP. :(
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  3. Glowworm

Thank you, rather fortunately, my brother was in a triathalon near Trenton--where they live, and my mother was planning to visit them afterwards. My dad and I went over to give my mother a few things as she planned to stay overnight and we out for dinner with grandpa and brought my brother home. I am okay, but of course, I really miss Grandma as we were very close. Also, that now makes my total of grandparents down to one. I lost my other grandmother--on my dad's side a few years ago to cancer, and I never met her husband, who died before I was born.
  4. saltyboot

saltyboot A Moderating Moderator Staff Member Forum Member

Sorry to hear about this Glowworm, and my condolences to you and your family too.
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  5. oneuglybunny

oneuglybunny Moderator Staff Member Forum Member

I'm really at a loss for words about the passing of your grandmother, Glowworm. Ninety years is well beyond the American norm, which is a sure sign of living very well and very rightly. But what really stands out is sixty-four years of marriage. I haven't lived that long, and here's sixty-four years of being an absolute partner to your grandfather. In a world full of impermanence, this is awesomely marvelous. I can only be humbled at ninety years of perseverance and sixty-four years of fidelity. I hope you attain these treasures as well.
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  6. Glowworm

I know, even Grandma herself was surprised when she turned 90--we of course had a party for her back in December. 64 is indeed a beautiful number, and they were truly a wonderful couple.
  7. MrCleveland

MrCleveland Key Animator Forum Member New Member

You deserve a cyber-hug. I know how it feels to lose someone you love...that's why last year was a struggle for me, but I lost my grandma almost 22 years ago and I wish I could be a supporter for the cure for diabetes...my grandma was diabetic.
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  8. mreiof

mreiof Moderator Staff Member I SUPPORT BCDB! Forum Member

Days late to the sad event, but my condolences to you and your family. My folks are both in their 80's; I am finding the topic of life lived long to be profound and fascinating. Seniors inspire me now. My very best wishes to your surviving grandfather. I hope he is well in this sad time.
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  9. Glowworm

He's doing pretty well, my mother calls him practically every day right now. He's really something--and so was grandma.
    • Like Like x 1