1. Big Cartoon Forum

You WIll Need To Reset Your Password!!!

We just moved hosts on this system, and this has caused a few updates. One is the way we encode and store the encoded passwords.

Your old passwords will NOT work. You will need to reset your password. This is normal. Just click on reset password from the log in screen. Should be smooth as silk to do...

Sorry for the hassle.

Dave Koch
  2. Big Cartoon Forum

Are You Just Hanging Out?

Just lurking? Join the club, we'd love to have you in the Big Cartoon Forum! Sign up is easy- just enter your name and password.... or join using your Facebook account!

Membership has it's privileges... you can post and get your questions answered directly. But you can also join our community, and help other people with their questions, You can add to the discussion. And it's free! So join today!

Dave Koch
  3. Big Cartoon Forum

Other Side Of Maleficent

I have been looking forward to Maleficent with equal amounts of anticipation and dread. On one hand, she is easily my favorite Disney villain, so cold and so pure, and I want desperately to see more of her and her back-story. On the other hand, she is easily my favorite Disney villain, and I would hate to see her parodied, taken lightly or ultimately destroyed in a film that does not understand this great character. The good news is that this film almost gets it right; but that is also the bad news.

4. Big Cartoon Forum

BCDB Hits 150K Entries

It took a while, but we are finally here! The Big Cartoon DataBase hit the milestone of 150,000 entries earlier today with the addition of the cartoon The Polish Language. This film was added to BCDB on May 9th, 2014 at 4:23 PM.

5. Big Cartoon Forum

Warner Brings Back Animated Stone-Age Family

Funnyman Will Ferrell and partner Adam McKay are working on bringing back everyone’s favorite stone-age family. The duo’s production company Gary Sanchez Productions is in development on a new Flintstones animated feature.

6. Big Cartoon Forum

Disney To Feast In France

The follow up to Disney’s 2013 Academy Award Winning short Paperman has been announced, and it will premiere at France’s Annecy International Animated Film Festival. Titled The Feast, the short looks to be based on the same stylized CG techniques used on last years Paperman, a more natural and hand-drawn look to computer animation.

7. Big Cartoon Forum

Renegades of Animation: Pat Sullivan

Pat Sullivan became famous worldwide for his creation of Felix the Cat. What most animation histories gloss over is Sullivan’s checkered past and longtime standing as a wildcat renegade. He didn’t follow the rules. And he made damn sure to fully protect his intellectual properties.

I Think I Loathe You.

Discussion in 'Hanna-Barbera' started by emeraldisle, Jun 15, 2014.

1. emeraldisle

emeraldisle Moderator Staff Member I SUPPORT BCDB!

I didn't wake up in love the morning Hanna-Barbera debuted "Partridge Family: 2200 A.D."

The premise seemed interesting enough. The Partridges now lived in a Jetsons-type era, and performed live on other planets. And they had extraterrestrial friends Veenie the Venusian, who teleported himself to all the wrong places, and Martian girl Marian Moonglow, who floated in the air whenever someone told her she was pretty. But if the show asked "Doesn't somebody want to be wanted?" the answer from most HB fans, even myself, was a resounding "No!" And what was the robot dog Orbit there for, except to take orders literally. An example: When a policeman told him and Danny to freeze, the mechanical pooch did so-with ice on his body!

The one outstanding episode was "If This Is Texas, It Must Be Doomsday." Texx arrived to invite the clan to perform on his island, Texxas. Thinking it's just for one night, they accept the offer, and go there, along with Veenie and Marian. But when he told them he intended to keep them there for the rest of their lives, I thought, "Oh boy. Didn't see that one coming." Thankfully, like many people on "Survivor," they got themselves voted off the island.

But the rest of the episodes were way too predictable. When Danny bought a Molex, despite being warned about the side effects, it was inevitable that viewers would see the results. And when he ordered a pair of Roobits, I knew there'd be more than just a pair before the box was opened.

The show was cancelled after just six months. One of the reasons was that the timing was all wrong. It premiered the same year the live action show was cancelled. Other factors were that Shirley Jones and David Cassidy didn't voice Shirley and Keith, and Susan Dey and Dave Madden quit after just a couple of episodes, and were replaced by HB veterans Sherry Alberoni and John Stephenson. The rest of the cast carried on in the same roles as the original series. But no one met it halfway, and not one person who tuned in said, "I think I love you." Just as well.

Trivia Question 57: Who was the cousin who got the Partridges booed offstage, and what was the name of his pet rooster?

Answer: Cousin Sunspot and Rover.
    Last edited: Nov 2, 2014
    • Useful Useful x 1
  2. artytoons

artytoons Administrator I SUPPORT BCDB! Forum Member New Member

I believe the concept was intended to be a revival of "Jetsons" in new episodes for CBS since the original 1960s reruns were still shown on NBC but the characters were changed to "The Partridge Family", given the Partridge kids' appearances on several episodes of "Goober and the Ghost Chasers" and probably were comfortable working with Hanna-Barbera's voice recording directors. H-B would animate new Jetsons stories for syndication in 1985.

"Partridge Family in Outer Space", "Yogi's Gang", "Jeannie", and "Goober and the Ghost Chasers" reruns were edited into multiple chapters in 10-15 minute segments for the weekday syndicated "Fred Flintstone and Friends" series along with 1970s "Pebbles and Bamm-Bamm" and "Flintstone Comedy Hour" episodes.
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. MattPriceTime

MattPriceTime Intern Forum Member New Member

Yes indeed it was originally pitched as the "Pebbles and Bamm-Bamm" version for the Jetsons. It apparently went through a lot of changes but was primarily reported Judy, with older Elroy, Astro and son for Astro which one model sheet had him with the name "Tralfaz" after his Dad. Another one had Judy now dating Jet Screamer. The alien friends apparently didnt change at all from version to version.

Apparently it was still pitched as the Jetsons show but they greenlit it as long as they used it with the Partridge Family. All of this coming from sources posted to the HB flickr group.

I've never seen any episodes in full, but if it gets to come out one day, i'll do a more thought out reflection but at the very least i can add some of the trivia on how this one came to be.
    • Friendly Friendly x 1