1. Big Cartoon Forum

You WIll Need To Reset Your Password!!!

We just moved hosts on this system, and this has caused a few updates. One is the way we encode and store the encoded passwords.

Your old passwords will NOT work. You will need to reset your password. This is normal. Just click on reset password from the log in screen. Should be smooth as silk to do...

Sorry for the hassle.

Dave Koch
  2. Big Cartoon Forum

Are You Just Hanging Out?

Just lurking? Join the club, we'd love to have you in the Big Cartoon Forum! Sign up is easy- just enter your name and password.... or join using your Facebook account!

Membership has it's privileges... you can post and get your questions answered directly. But you can also join our community, and help other people with their questions, You can add to the discussion. And it's free! So join today!

Dave Koch
  3. Big Cartoon Forum

Other Side Of Maleficent

I have been looking forward to Maleficent with equal amounts of anticipation and dread. On one hand, she is easily my favorite Disney villain, so cold and so pure, and I want desperately to see more of her and her back-story. On the other hand, she is easily my favorite Disney villain, and I would hate to see her parodied, taken lightly or ultimately destroyed in a film that does not understand this great character. The good news is that this film almost gets it right; but that is also the bad news.

4. Big Cartoon Forum

BCDB Hits 150K Entries

It took a while, but we are finally here! The Big Cartoon DataBase hit the milestone of 150,000 entries earlier today with the addition of the cartoon The Polish Language. This film was added to BCDB on May 9th, 2014 at 4:23 PM.

5. Big Cartoon Forum

Warner Brings Back Animated Stone-Age Family

Funnyman Will Ferrell and partner Adam McKay are working on bringing back everyone’s favorite stone-age family. The duo’s production company Gary Sanchez Productions is in development on a new Flintstones animated feature.

6. Big Cartoon Forum

Disney To Feast In France

The follow up to Disney’s 2013 Academy Award Winning short Paperman has been announced, and it will premiere at France’s Annecy International Animated Film Festival. Titled The Feast, the short looks to be based on the same stylized CG techniques used on last years Paperman, a more natural and hand-drawn look to computer animation.

7. Big Cartoon Forum

Renegades of Animation: Pat Sullivan

Pat Sullivan became famous worldwide for his creation of Felix the Cat. What most animation histories gloss over is Sullivan’s checkered past and longtime standing as a wildcat renegade. He didn’t follow the rules. And he made damn sure to fully protect his intellectual properties.

Rock On, Kitties.

Discussion in 'Hanna-Barbera' started by emeraldisle, Apr 16, 2014.

1. emeraldisle

emeraldisle Moderator Staff Member I SUPPORT BCDB!

No, this isn't about "Josie And The Pussycats." I'll post my thoughts about them later. This thread is devoted to "The Catanooga Cats Show."

Ok, so these feline rockers didn't "Cha ba da" all the way to the bank. But their cartoons were outstanding, and their songs were perfect for 1969. I liked seeing them travel in a bus similar to the one used by the Partridge Family. And then there was Chessie, the autograph hound. She followed them relentlessly. Today, they'd most likely issue a restraining order, or have her arrested and jailed for stalking. Then again, what did you expect from a groupie?

Of course, since this was an hour-long show, there were three other segments:

"Around The World In 79 Days." Phileas Fogg, Jr, Jenny Trent, and Hoppy traveled the world by hot air balloon. They were followed by Crumden, Bumbler, and Smirky. I remember two episodes. One had them reading a sign that warned about a thirty day sentence for trespassing in the Imperial Gardens. Another had the bad guys disguised as Native Americans-which would be regarded as politically incorrect these days. Later, I saw other cartoons based on the original story, but I prefer this one.

"It's The Wolf." Awww, who couldn't resist little Lambsy? Not I, that's for sure. For a little guy, he was smart enough to see through Mildew Wolf's disguises. And when he figured it out, and shouted, "It's the wol-uff! It's the wol-uff!"I thought, "Atta boy, Lambsy!" Then Bristol Hound would show up, and send the wolf packing.
    Mildew later gave up his predatory ways, and became a sportscaster, along with Snagglepuss, for "Scooby's All-Star Laffalympics." Lambsy was last seen in "Yogi's Ark Lark." But Bristol was never seen again after the series ended its run.

By the way, does anyone else here think Bristol and Mildew were modeled after Sam Sheepdog and Ralph Wolf? I certainly do.

"Motormouse And Autocat." Tom and Jerry on wheels. Nothing more. Nothing less. End of story.
    Last edited: Apr 24, 2014
  2. artytoons

artytoons Administrator I SUPPORT BCDB! Forum Member New Member

Paul Lynde played the voice of Mildew Wolf as well as nosy neighbor Claude Pertwee in "Where's Huddles?"

When Mildew Wolf was an on the field reporter in the "Laff-A-Lympics" series, John Stephenson played Mildew's voice...Mildew usually referred to the Laff-A-Lympics competitors as "silly savages" which was the term Claude Pertwee used to describe his pro-football playing neighbors Ed Huddles and Bubba McCoy in "Where's Huddles?" I don't think Mildew Wolf ever referred to Bristol Hound as a "silly savage".

As with the similiar "quest" series "Adventures of Gulliver", there was never an episode in which Phinny Fogg Jr and company ever completed the around the world journey at day 79.

Kitty Jo's usual purple clothing plus bandana resembled Daphne's attire in "Scooby Doo".

Mike Curb was one of the singing voices in the "Cattanooga Cats". He later started his own recording company and served two terms as the lieutenant governor of California in the late 1970s.
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. Bill Lewis

Bill Lewis Animator Forum Member New Member

Have to admit, I've always liked Motormouse and Autocat, Sure,the Tom and Jerry format has been done many times (often by Hanna-Barbera themselves),but what attracted me to this particular series was the personality of Autocat,voiced by Marty Ingels. Always the optimist,Autocat started each day convinced he would catch Motormouse.Then,after a day of car crashes and blown-up-in -his-face failed mousetraps,he'd head for home,positive that tomorrow would absolutely be the day he would succeed.That upbeat attitude really appealed to me.
  4. emeraldisle

Had to change the trivia question, since the answer's already in the thread. So here's one that isn't:

Trivia Question 83: Lambsy's name was inspired by what nonsensical kiddie song?
    Last edited: Nov 23, 2014
  5. Bill Lewis

Bill Lewis Animator Forum Member New Member

May get the spelling wrong,but I believe the song was ''Mairzy Doats".One of lines was ''little lambsy divey''(or ''lambs eat ivy'').I think Divey was referred to as Lambsy's last name in at least one cartoon.
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. emeraldisle

Good job, Bill. You get an A for that answer. :)
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Old Old x 1