1. Big Cartoon Forum

You WIll Need To Reset Your Password!!!

We just moved hosts on this system, and this has caused a few updates. One is the way we encode and store the encoded passwords.

Your old passwords will NOT work. You will need to reset your password. This is normal. Just click on reset password from the log in screen. Should be smooth as silk to do...

Sorry for the hassle.

Dave Koch
  2. Big Cartoon Forum

Are You Just Hanging Out?

Just lurking? Join the club, we'd love to have you in the Big Cartoon Forum! Sign up is easy- just enter your name and password.... or join using your Facebook account!

Membership has it's privileges... you can post and get your questions answered directly. But you can also join our community, and help other people with their questions, You can add to the discussion. And it's free! So join today!

Dave Koch
  3. Big Cartoon Forum

Other Side Of Maleficent

I have been looking forward to Maleficent with equal amounts of anticipation and dread. On one hand, she is easily my favorite Disney villain, so cold and so pure, and I want desperately to see more of her and her back-story. On the other hand, she is easily my favorite Disney villain, and I would hate to see her parodied, taken lightly or ultimately destroyed in a film that does not understand this great character. The good news is that this film almost gets it right; but that is also the bad news.

4. Big Cartoon Forum

BCDB Hits 150K Entries

It took a while, but we are finally here! The Big Cartoon DataBase hit the milestone of 150,000 entries earlier today with the addition of the cartoon The Polish Language. This film was added to BCDB on May 9th, 2014 at 4:23 PM.

5. Big Cartoon Forum

Warner Brings Back Animated Stone-Age Family

Funnyman Will Ferrell and partner Adam McKay are working on bringing back everyone’s favorite stone-age family. The duo’s production company Gary Sanchez Productions is in development on a new Flintstones animated feature.

6. Big Cartoon Forum

Disney To Feast In France

The follow up to Disney’s 2013 Academy Award Winning short Paperman has been announced, and it will premiere at France’s Annecy International Animated Film Festival. Titled The Feast, the short looks to be based on the same stylized CG techniques used on last years Paperman, a more natural and hand-drawn look to computer animation.

7. Big Cartoon Forum

Renegades of Animation: Pat Sullivan

Pat Sullivan became famous worldwide for his creation of Felix the Cat. What most animation histories gloss over is Sullivan’s checkered past and longtime standing as a wildcat renegade. He didn’t follow the rules. And he made damn sure to fully protect his intellectual properties.

Sailing From One Studio To Another.

Discussion in 'Hanna-Barbera' started by emeraldisle, Mar 2, 2014.

1. emeraldisle

emeraldisle Moderator Staff Member I SUPPORT BCDB!

This thread is devoted to "Sinbad Junior And His Magic Belt," one of the few animated series from more than one studio.

At first, it was produced by Sam Singer, the studio behind "Bucky And Pepito" and "Courageous Cat And Minute Mouse." Then Hanna-Barbera took over, and the results were magnificent.

Having seen both versions on the Internet, I ran true to form, and decided H-B produced the better version. Sinbad and Salty were the best seafarers I ever saw in an animated series of the '60's, and the H-B episodes were top notch. The Sam Singer ones were just meh. And I cheered each time Sinbad and/or Salty pulled the magic belt to boost their strength. The bad guys like Roctoddam and his henchman Egoots(spell both of those names backwards), and the Bluto-type rival Blubbo were memorable, too. These deserve a place on DVD. Aye, aye Sinbad Jr!

Trivia Question 47: Who are Sinbad and Salty fighting in the show's opening?

Answer: Pirates.
    Last edited: Jan 27, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Bill Lewis

Bill Lewis Animator Forum Member New Member

Sinbad on DVD is not a bad idea,though the actual owners of the character,American International (does this company even exist anymore?)may want to include the Sam Singer episodes along with the H-B ones.
    • Like Like x 1
  3. artytoons

artytoons Administrator I SUPPORT BCDB! Forum Member New Member

Tim Matthieson (later billed as "Tim Matheson") voiced Sinbad Jr. and Mel Blanc played Salty.

Other cartoon series that changed animation houses involving Hanna-Barbera:

"Richie Rich"- produced by Hanna-Barbera in 1978 to 1982...1990s series later produced by Harvey Animation.

"Casper"- produced by Famous/Paramount Studios in the 1940s to the 1960s, produced by Hanna-Barbera as "Casper and the Angels" in 1979, and produced by Harvey/Universal Animation in the 1990s.

"Dink The Little Dinosaur"- produced by Hanna-Barbera in Season 1 and by Kushner-Locke or Ruby-Spears Productions (?) in Season 2.

"Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventures"- produced by Hanna-Barbera in Season 1 and by DIC in Season 2. Owned by Orion Pictures. Keanu Reeves and Alex Winter reprised their movie roles as Bill and Ted along with George Carlin as Rufus in the Hanna-Barbera version. Reeves, Winter, and Carlin did not perform in the DIC episodes.

"Pink Panther"- produced by DePatie-Freleng in the 1960s and 1970s, produced by Hanna-Barbera in 1984 as "Pink Panther and Sons" with Friz Freleng as a creative consultant, produced by MGM/UA Animation for 1990 syndicated series.

"Captain Planet"- produced by DIC in season 1 and Hanna-Barbera from Season 2 onward.

"Fantastic Four"- produced by Hanna-Barbera in 1967, DePatie Freleng in 1978, and Marvel Animation in the 1990s.

"Godzilla"- produced by Hanna-Barbera (co-production with Toho Productions) in 1979 and another studio in the 1990s.
    Last edited: Mar 16, 2014
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. emeraldisle

I believe ""Dink" was a Ruby-Spears production from the get-go. It's not mentioned in any of my H-B books.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Pokey J.Anti-Blockhead

Pokey J.Anti-Blockhead Intern Forum Member New Member

Tim Matheson was Sindbad, Mel Blanc was Salty""..

My beliefge is Ginny Tyler, Julie Bennett, Jean Vanderpyl or Janet Waldo, the princess of HB voices, did all of tbhe females, and Paul Frees, John Stephenson, Allan Melvin, Hal Smith and Don Messick can be heard.

You all forgot the cast for Singer's: Dal McKennon for Sinbad and old-time radio/Disney cartoon voice Junius C.Matthews most like is Salty in the orig.,version.
  6. emeraldisle

Arty, H-B's "Godzilla" premiered in 1978.
  7. emeraldisle

Richie Rich by Hanna-Barbera first aired in 1980, not 1978.
    • Funny Funny x 1