1. Big Cartoon Forum

You WIll Need To Reset Your Password!!!

We just moved hosts on this system, and this has caused a few updates. One is the way we encode and store the encoded passwords.

Your old passwords will NOT work. You will need to reset your password. This is normal. Just click on reset password from the log in screen. Should be smooth as silk to do...

Sorry for the hassle.

Dave Koch
  2. Big Cartoon Forum

Are You Just Hanging Out?

Just lurking? Join the club, we'd love to have you in the Big Cartoon Forum! Sign up is easy- just enter your name and password.... or join using your Facebook account!

Membership has it's privileges... you can post and get your questions answered directly. But you can also join our community, and help other people with their questions, You can add to the discussion. And it's free! So join today!

Dave Koch
  3. Big Cartoon Forum

Other Side Of Maleficent

I have been looking forward to Maleficent with equal amounts of anticipation and dread. On one hand, she is easily my favorite Disney villain, so cold and so pure, and I want desperately to see more of her and her back-story. On the other hand, she is easily my favorite Disney villain, and I would hate to see her parodied, taken lightly or ultimately destroyed in a film that does not understand this great character. The good news is that this film almost gets it right; but that is also the bad news.

4. Big Cartoon Forum

BCDB Hits 150K Entries

It took a while, but we are finally here! The Big Cartoon DataBase hit the milestone of 150,000 entries earlier today with the addition of the cartoon The Polish Language. This film was added to BCDB on May 9th, 2014 at 4:23 PM.

5. Big Cartoon Forum

Warner Brings Back Animated Stone-Age Family

Funnyman Will Ferrell and partner Adam McKay are working on bringing back everyone’s favorite stone-age family. The duo’s production company Gary Sanchez Productions is in development on a new Flintstones animated feature.

6. Big Cartoon Forum

Disney To Feast In France

The follow up to Disney’s 2013 Academy Award Winning short Paperman has been announced, and it will premiere at France’s Annecy International Animated Film Festival. Titled The Feast, the short looks to be based on the same stylized CG techniques used on last years Paperman, a more natural and hand-drawn look to computer animation.

7. Big Cartoon Forum

Renegades of Animation: Pat Sullivan

Pat Sullivan became famous worldwide for his creation of Felix the Cat. What most animation histories gloss over is Sullivan’s checkered past and longtime standing as a wildcat renegade. He didn’t follow the rules. And he made damn sure to fully protect his intellectual properties.

The Mystery Cartoon Character Game, now with 20% more ongoing.

Discussion in 'Free-For-All' started by oneuglybunny, Mar 31, 2016.

1. oneuglybunny

oneuglybunny Moderator Staff Member Forum Member

The Rules:

Please limit your characters to those found in theatrical or television animation, which may include televised commercials. No video game characters unless that character has appeared in a cartoon series.

When it is your turn to post the mystery character, first verify that your character has not already been used by checking against the master list found below. Give at least 3 clues per day (roughly, no one is going to be timing you). Don't give more than 9 clues total for the character, but you can reveal the character after only 6 clues if you prefer.
    If no one has correctly guessed the character after 6 to 9 clues, reveal the character and take another turn. If no one gets the second character after the requisite number of clues, reveal the answer but do not take another turn. Instead of taking a third turn, you must pass control to someone else. To whom you pass is up to you, but please try to be fair.

Please do not ask for any extra clues or for information not covered by the clues already given.

Our goal is to only take around 3 days per character, or 4 days if 9 clues are given. This is to keep the game going at an enjoyable pace. In cases where a character generates a LOT of guesses, that time limit may be adjusted.

One point is given for each correct character guessed. In the event of two people both posting correct guesses, the one who posted first will be given the point and the next turn.

Please try your best to make your clues descriptive of the character; no one has any fun when no one can ever guess the character.

Please limit your mystery character choices to those that have appeared primarily in the US. It is an unavoidable fact that the vast majority of people who post here are from the US, which is why we ask that all characters used appeared in the US in one form or another. This does not eliminate international characters by any means; just make sure you can provide information that would identify the character to someone who speaks only English and has never been outside of the US. As can be seen in the Used Character List linked below, there are international characters that have already been used, but in each case they've also appeared in the US and in English.

The intentions of the member posting the mystery character will always be considered in any disagreements that may (hopefully not) arise, but as always, the word of the Administration is final.

These rules may be amended at any time without prior notice.

The Master Character List is now located here, as a downloadable .rtf file. Please check there for the most recent version.

Additionally, scores are now updated on a running basis throughout the game.

- - - - - - - - - -

So, picking up where we left off...

1) This character has appeared only once to date in an animated feature film. He could recur, since he survives to the end of the film.

2) As far as alignment goes, this character is a Good Guy. He even took an oath to that effect. Although he gets arrested, the charges are bogus.

3) Of course, no Good Guy character can go through life unscathed. Those that do are Mary Sue characters, and not very interesting. This character gets proverbially kicked in the teeth twice, and both times are a stinging betrayal.
  2. emeraldisle

emeraldisle Moderator Staff Member I SUPPORT BCDB!

This time, I haven't a single clue. Hopefully, someone else will get it.
  3. oneuglybunny

Hmm, time for more and better clues, methinks.

4) This character is male, and likely would have let things be, and there'd be no story. However, he meets a pretty female, and she takes him off his rails and onto a whole new adventure.

5) Hollywood cliché time: since this character is a male and a heroic type, something near him must go *BOOM* spectacularly. And something does blow up near him, though he's not hurt by the blast.

6) Fairness Rule in play: this character is not human. He speaks English just fine, and goes about his day like any ordinary Joe, but he's not homo sapiens. Couldn't possibly be that.
  4. emeraldisle

I have a pretty good idea about it now, but I'll wait and see if someone else gets it before I do.
  5. oneuglybunny

Last set of clues, so that this poor guy doesn't go unloved. :(

7) This character gets treated like poo, literally. As in, flushed down a waste receptacle. (And you think you've had a bad day...)

8) Twice, this character gets to proudly wear a uniform.

9) He's no Elmer Fudd, but he still gets grief from a rabbit.
  6. emeraldisle

Like I said, I know it for sure. But still, let's see if someone else knows. I'll answer at the end of the day if no one gets it by then.
  7. emeraldisle

Well, I really expected someone else to get this no-brainer. If I'm right, it's Nick Wilde.
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. oneuglybunny

Oh, no ifs about it: this is very much Nick Wilde, newest officer of the Zootopia Police Department.

I'll award a fresh +1, EI, for not leaving the Judy Hopps and Nick Wilde pair hanging. My great shame is having left the Jake Clawson and Chance Furlong pair broken for so long. Hopefully, we'll be able to complete pairs and teams as this game goes on. :)
  9. emeraldisle

Thanks, OUB. Now for a character who shouldn't be too hard to figure out:

1. I grant a little girl's wish, which leads to a global catastrophe.

2. I sound and act like Popeye's rival. No surprise, since he and I have the same voice actor.

3. Although I adamantly refuse to undo the wish, I give in when the protagonist sings a song about April showers and May flowers.
  10. emeraldisle

Ok, here are the last three clues, as I can't think of any beyond them:

4. My land is accessible via rainbow with built in elevator.

5. It's also home to bed springs, cats and dogs, and even pitchforks.

6. My human guest is accompanied by a living drop of water.
  11. oneuglybunny

Whoa, all that! This has to be a new one for me; I'd've remembered something this outre if ever I'd seen it. :eek:
  12. peterhale

peterhale Moderator Staff Member I SUPPORT BCDB!

It's the Rainmaker from the 1951 Little Audrey cartoon of the same name.
    • Winner Winner x 1
  13. emeraldisle

Yes, Peter, you got it, so it won't rain on your parade. Good job. :) Now to explain the clues:

1. He grants Audrey's wish that it would never rain again. This leads to a worldwide drought, and, when you stop and think about it, dehydration.

2. He's voiced by Jackson Beck, who was also the voice of Bluto in many Popeye cartoons. His arrogant ways are also similar to those of Bluto.

3. Audrey sings "Though April Showers may come your way, they bring the flowers that bloom in May,," in a last ditch attempt to get the big fella to comply.

4. Audrey travels via an elevator hidden inside a rainbow to get to the Rainmaker's home.

5. She notices that a spring shower consists of bedsprings, and that it also literally rains cats and dogs, and pitchforks.

6. Self-explanatory. Gotta love the little guy's line "Go away, drips. You're all wet."
    • Like Like x 1
  14. peterhale

Thanks, Emeraldisle. This one should be easy enough...

1) Because I am only a supporting character I don't qualify to join Disney's eleven-strong franchise.
    2) I don't speak, because I am stoic. ( Although I do attempt to call for help at the last moment!)
    3) I do not appear in the sequel. (Although I am pictured in the end credits.)
  15. oneuglybunny

Well, the "eleven" must be the Disney Princesses. So, who do we got that's female and doesn't say much? (Is that possible?)

#1 Snow White = just Snow herself and the wicked Queen Grimhilde, both do their fair share of speaking. Though Grimhilde is stoic-ish, she's already a full-on Queen, so there's no way to demote her to Princess.

#2 Cinderella = Lady Tremaine and her daughters, Drizella and Prunella. Tremaine's certainly stoic enough, but she couldn't possibly be a princess. Too evil, too ugly, too euw. Same for D + P.

#3 Sleeping Beauty = Just the fairies, Maleficent, and Aurora's mom. None of the color fairies are stoic, Maleficient is stoic but Eeevil, and Aurora's mom is already another full-on Queen. No pay dirt here.

#4 The Little Mermaid = Ariel has six sisters all with names, and all cookie-cutter muffins of no consequence. Ursula transforms into Vanessa, but she's Eeevil, too.

#5 Beauty and the Beast = Belle's pretty much it for females. There are the traffic-light triplets (pink, gold, lime) but they're mindless muffins that never call for help.

#6 Aladdin = Has only Jasmine, who is a princess, and a main character. I guess all the other wimmens are hidden in the palace in roomfuls of pillows for the Sultan to play with.

#7 Pocahontas = She's the one and only, except for Nakoma. She's the one who wised up Kocoum about Pocahontas getting dangerously close to the weird new invaders. Hmm, this could be Nakoma, so ...

I venture it's Nakoma from Pocahontas. :)
  16. Glowworm

Glowworm Moderator Staff Member I SUPPORT BCDB!

Now I've got it--almost stumped me too, as I knew it had to be a Disney princess--but what Disney princess is so darn quiet, isn't in the sequel and a secondary character?
    Tiger Lily from Peter Pan of course.
    • Winner Winner x 1
  17. peterhale

A good punt from OUB, but Glowworm has it!

1) Tiger Lily is a Native American princess, but not part of the Disney Princess Franchise.
    2) She refuses to tell Hook where Pan's hideout is, despite being trussed up and left to drown on Marooner's Rock.
    3) The indians do not appear in Return to Never Land, probably because they are politically incorrect!

Well spotted Glowworm - all yours!
  18. Glowworm

Thanks, a shame really, Tiger Lily is pretty darn adorable.
    Anyhow here's one I was going to wait on doing, but will do anyway.
    1. I am the villain in this film.
    2. I am not human, although I also am not the usual kind of animal you'd expect to be villainous.
    3. The first film had a villain with brawn, the second film had one with brains. The third one with me? I rely upon the supernatural.
  19. emeraldisle

Do I have it, or do I have it! This is Kai The Collector, from "Kung Fu Panda 3."
    • Winner Winner x 1
  20. Glowworm

Yes, this is Kai, the evil yak from Kung Fu Panda 3. He's got a kick ass theme, and J.K. Simmons was perfectly cast to voice him.