1. Big Cartoon Forum

You WIll Need To Reset Your Password!!!

We just moved hosts on this system, and this has caused a few updates. One is the way we encode and store the encoded passwords.

Your old passwords will NOT work. You will need to reset your password. This is normal. Just click on reset password from the log in screen. Should be smooth as silk to do...

Sorry for the hassle.

Dave Koch
  2. Big Cartoon Forum

Are You Just Hanging Out?

Just lurking? Join the club, we'd love to have you in the Big Cartoon Forum! Sign up is easy- just enter your name and password.... or join using your Facebook account!

Membership has it's privileges... you can post and get your questions answered directly. But you can also join our community, and help other people with their questions, You can add to the discussion. And it's free! So join today!

Dave Koch
  3. Big Cartoon Forum

Other Side Of Maleficent

I have been looking forward to Maleficent with equal amounts of anticipation and dread. On one hand, she is easily my favorite Disney villain, so cold and so pure, and I want desperately to see more of her and her back-story. On the other hand, she is easily my favorite Disney villain, and I would hate to see her parodied, taken lightly or ultimately destroyed in a film that does not understand this great character. The good news is that this film almost gets it right; but that is also the bad news.

4. Big Cartoon Forum

BCDB Hits 150K Entries

It took a while, but we are finally here! The Big Cartoon DataBase hit the milestone of 150,000 entries earlier today with the addition of the cartoon The Polish Language. This film was added to BCDB on May 9th, 2014 at 4:23 PM.

5. Big Cartoon Forum

Warner Brings Back Animated Stone-Age Family

Funnyman Will Ferrell and partner Adam McKay are working on bringing back everyone’s favorite stone-age family. The duo’s production company Gary Sanchez Productions is in development on a new Flintstones animated feature.

6. Big Cartoon Forum

Disney To Feast In France

The follow up to Disney’s 2013 Academy Award Winning short Paperman has been announced, and it will premiere at France’s Annecy International Animated Film Festival. Titled The Feast, the short looks to be based on the same stylized CG techniques used on last years Paperman, a more natural and hand-drawn look to computer animation.

7. Big Cartoon Forum

Renegades of Animation: Pat Sullivan

Pat Sullivan became famous worldwide for his creation of Felix the Cat. What most animation histories gloss over is Sullivan’s checkered past and longtime standing as a wildcat renegade. He didn’t follow the rules. And he made damn sure to fully protect his intellectual properties.

The Mystery Cartoon Character Game, now with 20% more ongoing.

Discussion in 'Free-For-All' started by oneuglybunny, Mar 31, 2016.

1. Glowworm

Glowworm Moderator Staff Member I SUPPORT BCDB!

Yes, it's the wolf from "Atlanta" The entire episode in general is a parody of the BET channel complete with fake commercials. Although I have not seen the show, I have seen this fake commercial from it.

Basically it starts off like any Trix/Cookie Crisp (due to the Wolf Chip failing to get his hands on the cereal as well) in which three children (One voiced by Cree Summer herself) and a cop enter an Egyptian tomb containing Coconut Crunchos. A wolf disguised as a mummy attempts to get his paws on it only to be told that only kids can have it. It then takes a dark turn when the cop suddenly starts slamming on the wolf telling him to "stop resisting" as the horrified kids look on. One of the little girls insists that the wolf can have their cereal but the cop insists that it's only for kids. Near the end, it looks as if the kids are going to challenge the police officer and take the side of the wolf.
  2. emeraldisle

emeraldisle Moderator Staff Member I SUPPORT BCDB!

Thanks, Glowworm. Had to check the list before deciding on my newest character, and here it is:

1. I debuted in the comic strip back in 1968.

2. I accompany two girls previously posted in this game to an impromptu Thanksgiving feast.

3. Like them, I'm shocked to get junk food and toast instead of turkey and side dishes.
  3. oneuglybunny

oneuglybunny Moderator Staff Member Forum Member

Could this be Franklin, a teammate to Peppermint Pattie and Marcie, who accompanies them to a spread put out by Snoopy, from the special It's Thanksgiving, Charlie Brown?

Oh, and since we've hit 700 in this thread, a scores update:
    Scores as of Thread 5 Post 700:

Arthur has 4 points,
    Damfine has 4 points,
    Emeraldisle has 432 points,
    Eminovitz has 2 points,
    FluidGirl has 58 points,
    Glowworm has 310 points,
    IronCookuru has 121 points,
    Mreiof has 12 points,
    Oneuglybunny has 209 points,
    PatrickRsGhost has 13 points,
    Peterhale has 158 points,
    Rollo has 11 points,
    Saltyboot has 239 points,
    Seiry has 2 points.

There were 53 unguessed characters, totaling 1628 characters used to date.
    Actually, it's 1624 characters queried, since 4 characters were inadvertently duplicated.
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. emeraldisle

OUB, you get a place at the head of the table for guessing correctly. Good job. :). All clues are self-explanatory, so you get to post another untapped character. BTW, the title of the special is "A Charlie Brown Thanksgiving."
  5. oneuglybunny

^ That's why you don't leave party catering to your dog. Could you imagine Snoopy as a wedding planner?

A little early for me to dig into the Thanksgiving ones, but I do know of a November character.

1) This character has appeared only once to date in a feature film that premiered in November. He's animated, though others are not. This film is one of those.

2) This character has four associates, all of whom are smaller than he is. This fellow is The Big Guy.

3) In addition to being the largest in his group, he's also the dumbest. Not quite Too Dumb To Live, but he's definitely remedial education class.

6. oneuglybunny

Intermediate clues time.

4) Although he is The Big Guy, he's not the Boss. That's another, meaner, nastier character who has already been tapped as a Mystery Character.

5) As if being abused by a Bad Boss isn't hurtful enough, this character gets back-handed by one of his colleagues.

6) Though he's not bratty enough be deliberately annoying, this character does have a tendency to inquire "Are we there yet?"
  7. emeraldisle

Still don't have it, sorry to say. Someone else should be able to figure it out.
  8. oneuglybunny

Cupcake clues time.

7) Definitely not human. Not even an Earthling, for that matter.

8) Zero is a meaningful number for this character.

9) First and only appearance came on Friday 15 November 1996.
  9. emeraldisle

Aha! The only one who fits these clues is Blanko, from "Space Jam."
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. oneuglybunny

Oho! Yes, this is Blanko the nerdluck from Space Jam. Whether in nerdluck form or in his Monstar mode, Blanko is a head or more taller than Bang, Pound or Bupkus. Good on you, Em: have a fresh +1. :)
  11. Glowworm

Geez, I fell flat on this one--simply because of "the big guy" bit. I figured out it was a Monstar, but since Blanko is tall rather than large, I got confused.
    Can't even guess my one time crush. :banghead:
    • Funny Funny x 1
  12. emeraldisle

Thanks, OUB. Now to really venture into untapped territory:

1. Even though I'm a farmer, I'm able to pilot a spaceship.

2. My family and I crash land on an alien planet.

3. My Thanksgiving themed special comes from the same studio that produced a cartoon about a pair of mice, and most famously, a team of bears with symbols on their chests.
  13. emeraldisle

Last three clues:

4. My animation studio is Canadian.

5. My daughter was recently posted in the A To Z game.

6. I have a dog named after an infamous Brit.
  14. emeraldisle

Well, this one was a toughie. The answer is Pa Spademinder, from "An Intergalactic Thanksgiving."

1. He's able to fly a spaceship.

2. Self-explanatory.

3. This was one of many holiday specials produced by Nelvana, the original studio behind the Care Bears.

4. Nelvana is based in Canada.

5. Victoria is his daughter.

6. And the dog's name is Cromwell.

I will pass my turn to anyone who wants it.
  15. Glowworm

I figured out the special, just didn't know the character.
  16. emeraldisle

Well, since there were no takers, I'll post these clues:

1. I'm an original character with a not-so-original name.

2. I share my name with a video game hero.

3. Like it or not, I do my work with a canine trio.
  17. emeraldisle

Three more clues:

4. One of my dogs is able to talk normally in my cartoons, despite not being able to do so when owned by a family of the future.

5. I also interact with superheroes originally created in the 1960's, and a super teen trio.

6. Physically, I resemble the lead actor of "Smokey And The Bandit," and "Evening Shade."
  18. oneuglybunny

Oh, this must be Space Ace; a completely different one from Don Bluth's daring hero. This one is the chief of a crew of anthro dogs called the Space Mutts. However, he doesn't get title billing, as it's called Astro And The Space Mutts. Gee, Chief, you might wanna read the fine print next time.
    Last edited: Nov 27, 2016
    • Winner Winner x 1
  19. emeraldisle

Right again, OUB. Good job once again. :). Never said he got top billing, BTW. Just included him due to being untapped.
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 27, 2016
  20. oneuglybunny

Oh, that's not a reflection on your clue-giving, Em. It was merely an observation that the show's title implies that Space Ace has only a marginal role in the series, and that Astro is the one who's Large And In Charge.

Let's see, who haven't we tapped that's into selling? Okay, it's more service-based commerce, but ... close enough.

1) This character occurs in a regularly televised animated series that's no longer in production. The studio that produced it, however, is still standing.

2) This character is the CEO of a small company that handles freight delivery, and doesn't hesitate to remind a certain underling of this fact.

3) Though it's a service-sector business, this character still seeks angles for revenue improvement. One of these involves gathering and selling truffles.