1. Big Cartoon Forum

You WIll Need To Reset Your Password!!!

We just moved hosts on this system, and this has caused a few updates. One is the way we encode and store the encoded passwords.

Your old passwords will NOT work. You will need to reset your password. This is normal. Just click on reset password from the log in screen. Should be smooth as silk to do...

Sorry for the hassle.

Dave Koch
  2. Big Cartoon Forum

Are You Just Hanging Out?

Just lurking? Join the club, we'd love to have you in the Big Cartoon Forum! Sign up is easy- just enter your name and password.... or join using your Facebook account!

Membership has it's privileges... you can post and get your questions answered directly. But you can also join our community, and help other people with their questions, You can add to the discussion. And it's free! So join today!

Dave Koch
  3. Big Cartoon Forum

Other Side Of Maleficent

I have been looking forward to Maleficent with equal amounts of anticipation and dread. On one hand, she is easily my favorite Disney villain, so cold and so pure, and I want desperately to see more of her and her back-story. On the other hand, she is easily my favorite Disney villain, and I would hate to see her parodied, taken lightly or ultimately destroyed in a film that does not understand this great character. The good news is that this film almost gets it right; but that is also the bad news.

4. Big Cartoon Forum

BCDB Hits 150K Entries

It took a while, but we are finally here! The Big Cartoon DataBase hit the milestone of 150,000 entries earlier today with the addition of the cartoon The Polish Language. This film was added to BCDB on May 9th, 2014 at 4:23 PM.

5. Big Cartoon Forum

Warner Brings Back Animated Stone-Age Family

Funnyman Will Ferrell and partner Adam McKay are working on bringing back everyone’s favorite stone-age family. The duo’s production company Gary Sanchez Productions is in development on a new Flintstones animated feature.

6. Big Cartoon Forum

Disney To Feast In France

The follow up to Disney’s 2013 Academy Award Winning short Paperman has been announced, and it will premiere at France’s Annecy International Animated Film Festival. Titled The Feast, the short looks to be based on the same stylized CG techniques used on last years Paperman, a more natural and hand-drawn look to computer animation.

7. Big Cartoon Forum

Renegades of Animation: Pat Sullivan

Pat Sullivan became famous worldwide for his creation of Felix the Cat. What most animation histories gloss over is Sullivan’s checkered past and longtime standing as a wildcat renegade. He didn’t follow the rules. And he made damn sure to fully protect his intellectual properties.

TMNT discussion thread

Discussion in 'Other / Multiple Studios' started by Dave Koch, Oct 29, 2013.

1. Dave Koch

Dave Koch Cartoon Admin

Oh boy, this should attract some fans.....

This was the brainstorming of comic geniuses Kevin Eastman and Peter Laird and it hilariously spoofed japanese comics and manga with a pair of turtles [​IMG]

And THAT started a whole franchise by Eastman and Laird's Mirage Comics studio, and it spawned two animated series so far, the 1987 series and the current new one which is closer to the original version, and to the real fans, the 25th anniversary movie Turtles Forever serves as a big bang end to the whole franchise, especially those who were upset about the original creators being jerk sell-outs.

Anyway, i'll personally talk about the original animated series, it's got a nice storyline, but it may anger those way closer to the original mirage comics in that Splinter was a mutated Hamato Yoshi himself rather than always being a rat and Leatherhead being a stupid ignorant idiot swamp monster rather than being a calm peaceful cultured alligator, but i really haven't read the original comics and neither have my folks, and plus before the cartoon, the turtles masks were all red, Raphael's red mask was kept, but the other turtles were given different colors to distinguish who's who - for example Leonardo mask is colored blue and Michaelanglo 's mask is orange and this version gave them pupils regardless is they wore their masks or not, and the tone was a lot brighter and the animation varied after the second season, it was pretty inconsistent although Toei's work in the first season was consistent and slightly closer to the intro (which was done by TMS i believe) and A-1 Production in Season 2 was lower quality, but was much sharper......

Still, this version introduced Krang, an anthromorphic brain mutant bent on conquering the world, and Shredder is no longer seriously menacing and he is much more of a gang-bully mastering insults and is quite bumbling and silly....

There's also Rocksteady and Bebop, a warthog and a rhino, and they are the biggest wisecrackers on the show, always followed by "oh, i always wanted to say that", and the theme tune is iNDEED the TMNT defiantly, you just can't go wrong with : Heroes in a Halfshell, TURTLE POWER! - plus
    it introduced the title logo and if you'd want this series without the shortcomings and want something way closer to the Mirage Comics, then look at the classic movie - that, for sure, led to the computer games (which are even better than the entire cartoon and even the comics) and is notable as Jim Henson's last project before his death.

I haven't bothered to watch the current one and if you count that Red Sky retool, than the current one, instead of knocking out an even worse theme, should've brought back the classic Heroes In A Halfshell - TURTLE POWER as in the first seven seasons......

-------------------------

Overworked.