1. Big Cartoon Forum

You WIll Need To Reset Your Password!!!

We just moved hosts on this system, and this has caused a few updates. One is the way we encode and store the encoded passwords.

Your old passwords will NOT work. You will need to reset your password. This is normal. Just click on reset password from the log in screen. Should be smooth as silk to do...

Sorry for the hassle.

Dave Koch
  2. Big Cartoon Forum

Are You Just Hanging Out?

Just lurking? Join the club, we'd love to have you in the Big Cartoon Forum! Sign up is easy- just enter your name and password.... or join using your Facebook account!

Membership has it's privileges... you can post and get your questions answered directly. But you can also join our community, and help other people with their questions, You can add to the discussion. And it's free! So join today!

Dave Koch
  3. Big Cartoon Forum

Other Side Of Maleficent

I have been looking forward to Maleficent with equal amounts of anticipation and dread. On one hand, she is easily my favorite Disney villain, so cold and so pure, and I want desperately to see more of her and her back-story. On the other hand, she is easily my favorite Disney villain, and I would hate to see her parodied, taken lightly or ultimately destroyed in a film that does not understand this great character. The good news is that this film almost gets it right; but that is also the bad news.

4. Big Cartoon Forum

BCDB Hits 150K Entries

It took a while, but we are finally here! The Big Cartoon DataBase hit the milestone of 150,000 entries earlier today with the addition of the cartoon The Polish Language. This film was added to BCDB on May 9th, 2014 at 4:23 PM.

5. Big Cartoon Forum

Warner Brings Back Animated Stone-Age Family

Funnyman Will Ferrell and partner Adam McKay are working on bringing back everyone’s favorite stone-age family. The duo’s production company Gary Sanchez Productions is in development on a new Flintstones animated feature.

6. Big Cartoon Forum

Disney To Feast In France

The follow up to Disney’s 2013 Academy Award Winning short Paperman has been announced, and it will premiere at France’s Annecy International Animated Film Festival. Titled The Feast, the short looks to be based on the same stylized CG techniques used on last years Paperman, a more natural and hand-drawn look to computer animation.

7. Big Cartoon Forum

Renegades of Animation: Pat Sullivan

Pat Sullivan became famous worldwide for his creation of Felix the Cat. What most animation histories gloss over is Sullivan’s checkered past and longtime standing as a wildcat renegade. He didn’t follow the rules. And he made damn sure to fully protect his intellectual properties.

Tom and Jerry The Gene Deitch Collection June 2nd!!!

Discussion in 'MGM' started by Nailwraps, Feb 6, 2015.

1. Nailwraps

Nailwraps Intern Forum Member New Member

While it's not the Golden Collection Volume 2, it's still good news if you're fond of the Gene Deitch shorts (like me) or wanting to finally complete your collection!:

Tom and Jerry DVD news: Press Release for Tom and Jerry - The Gene Deitch Collection | TVShowsOnDVD.com

"WARNER BROS. HOME ENTERTAINMENT
    IS SET TO UNVEIL
    TOM AND JERRY:
    THE GENE DEITCH COLLECTION
    ON DVD JUNE 2, 2015
    Release Includes 13 Re-mastered Theatrical
    Shorts and All-New Bonus Content
    BURBANK, CA (February 5, 2015) - The work of popular animator Gene Deitch is the focus of Tom and Jerry: The Gene Deitch Collection, available on DVD June 2, 2015 from Warner Bros. Home Entertainment (WBHE). This compilation will present viewers with 13 fully re-mastered theatrical shorts, produced by Deitch, plus brand-new bonus features. It's a release that collectors of classic animation, won't want to miss! Tom and Jerry: The Gene Deitch Collection will retail for $26.99 SRP.
    For decades, that tussling twosome Tom and Jerry have chased their way into the funny bones and hearts of moviegoers and television viewers in a variety of unforgettable cartoons. In the 1960s, acclaimed animation director Deitch, was selected to bring a new set of Tom and Jerry shorts to life. Adding his own distinctive style to the famous cartoon, Deitch worked with William L. Snyder's Prague-based animation studio, Rembrandt Films, to create 13 memorable shorts. This entertaining collection from WBHE brings Deitch's fun-filled cartoons together for the first time on DVD, completely re-mastered.
    Tom and Jerry: The Gene Deitch Collection will include two bonus features: "Tom and Jerry...and Gene: The Rembrant Years" as well as "Much Ado About Tom and Jerry."
    "Over the years, there have been many artists who have put their own unique touch on Tom and Jerry cartoons. This collection recognizes the work of long-time animator Gene Deitch, who directed over a dozen shorts," commented Mary Ellen Thomas, Vice President of Family and Animation Marketing. She added, "We're delighted to bring these beautifully remastered shorts to collectors. If you are a fan of classic Tom and Jerry shorts or just love animation, this is a must-own DVD for your home entertainment library."
    Originally created by William Hanna and Joseph Barbera, Tom and Jerry centers on the never-ending rivalry between Tom the cat and Jerry the mouse. The plots of each short usually center on Tom's attempts to capture Jerry. Jerry however, is clever and quick on his feet so Tom hardly ever manages to catch him. The original series is notable for having won the Academy Award for Best Short Subject: Cartoon seven times. Academy Award(s) & Oscar(s) are registered trademarks and service marks of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.
    Featured Shorts: 1.Switchin' Kitten
    2.Down and Outing
    3.It's Greek to Me-ow!
    4.High Steaks
    5.Mouse Into Space
    6.Landing Stripling
    7.Calypso Cat
    8.Dicky Moe
    9.The Tom & Jerry Cartoon Kit
    10.Tall in the Trap
    11.Sorry Safari
    12.Buddies Thicker Than Water
    13.Carmen Get It!
    Enhanced Content: •Tom and Jerry...and Gene: The Rembrandt Years
    •Much Ado About Tom and Jerry
    About Warner Bros. Animation
    Warner Bros. Animation (WBA) is one of the leading producers of animation in the entertainment industry, producing and developing both CG and traditionally animated projects for multiple platforms, both domestically and internationally. For TV, WBA produces series such as Teen Titans Go!, The Tom and Jerry Show and the upcoming Be Cool Scooby-Doo! and Wabbit - A Looney Tunes Production for Cartoon Network as well as Mike Tyson Mysteries for Cartoon Network's Adult Swim. As the home of the iconic animated characters from the DC Comics, Hanna-Barbera, MGM and Looney Tunes libraries, WBA also produces highly successful animated films - including the DC Universe Animated Original Movies - for DVD. One of the most-honored animation studios in history, WBA has won six Academy Awards, 35 Emmy Awards, the George Foster Peabody Award, an Environmental Media Award, a Parents' Choice Award, the HUMANITAS Prize, two Prism Awards and 20 Annie Awards (honoring excellence in animation).
    About Warner Bros. Home Entertainment Inc.
    Warner Bros. Home Entertainment (WBHE) brings together Warner Bros. Entertainment's home video, digital distribution and interactive entertainment businesses in order to maximize current and next-generation distribution scenarios. An industry leader since its inception, WBHE oversees the global distribution of content through packaged goods (Blu-ray Disc and DVD) and digital media in the form of electronic sell-through and video-on-demand via cable, satellite, online and mobile channels, and is a significant developer and publisher for console and online video game titles worldwide. WBHE distributes its product through third party retail partners and licensees, as well as directly to consumers through WBShop.com and WB Ultra."
  2. Michael J. Ruhland

Michael J. Ruhland Apprentice Forum Member New Member

This is great. I originally didn't much care for the Gene Deitch Tom and Jerry cartoons when I first saw them, but for one reason or another they grew on me, and now I really enjoy seeing them.
    • Like Like x 1
  3. BloodyChamp

BloodyChamp Apprentice Forum Member New Member

I'll probably pick it up because trainwrecks are fun in a creepy way, but mostly because any support towards classic animation that would otherwise stay in the vault is still important in the long run.

I was disappointed to learn that Deitch was a straight jerk though.
  4. MrCleveland

MrCleveland Key Animator Forum Member New Member

I didn't know that...all I know is that "It's all Greek to Meow" is the most recognizable of the Dietch T&J Era.