1. Big Cartoon Forum

You WIll Need To Reset Your Password!!!

We just moved hosts on this system, and this has caused a few updates. One is the way we encode and store the encoded passwords.

Your old passwords will NOT work. You will need to reset your password. This is normal. Just click on reset password from the log in screen. Should be smooth as silk to do...

Sorry for the hassle.

Dave Koch
  2. Big Cartoon Forum

Are You Just Hanging Out?

Just lurking? Join the club, we'd love to have you in the Big Cartoon Forum! Sign up is easy- just enter your name and password.... or join using your Facebook account!

Membership has it's privileges... you can post and get your questions answered directly. But you can also join our community, and help other people with their questions, You can add to the discussion. And it's free! So join today!

Dave Koch
  3. Big Cartoon Forum

Other Side Of Maleficent

I have been looking forward to Maleficent with equal amounts of anticipation and dread. On one hand, she is easily my favorite Disney villain, so cold and so pure, and I want desperately to see more of her and her back-story. On the other hand, she is easily my favorite Disney villain, and I would hate to see her parodied, taken lightly or ultimately destroyed in a film that does not understand this great character. The good news is that this film almost gets it right; but that is also the bad news.

4. Big Cartoon Forum

BCDB Hits 150K Entries

It took a while, but we are finally here! The Big Cartoon DataBase hit the milestone of 150,000 entries earlier today with the addition of the cartoon The Polish Language. This film was added to BCDB on May 9th, 2014 at 4:23 PM.

5. Big Cartoon Forum

Warner Brings Back Animated Stone-Age Family

Funnyman Will Ferrell and partner Adam McKay are working on bringing back everyone’s favorite stone-age family. The duo’s production company Gary Sanchez Productions is in development on a new Flintstones animated feature.

6. Big Cartoon Forum

Disney To Feast In France

The follow up to Disney’s 2013 Academy Award Winning short Paperman has been announced, and it will premiere at France’s Annecy International Animated Film Festival. Titled The Feast, the short looks to be based on the same stylized CG techniques used on last years Paperman, a more natural and hand-drawn look to computer animation.

7. Big Cartoon Forum

Renegades of Animation: Pat Sullivan

Pat Sullivan became famous worldwide for his creation of Felix the Cat. What most animation histories gloss over is Sullivan’s checkered past and longtime standing as a wildcat renegade. He didn’t follow the rules. And he made damn sure to fully protect his intellectual properties.

Top Ten Hanna-Barbera Rabbits.

Discussion in 'Hanna-Barbera' started by emeraldisle, Mar 28, 2015.

1. emeraldisle

emeraldisle Moderator Staff Member I SUPPORT BCDB!

Since Easter is close at hand, I decided to compile a list of the ten greatest bunnies from H-B. There were one-shots from "Jonny Quest," "Superfriends," and "Goober And The Ghost Chasers," but these didn't really do much. So here are the ones who really played active roles:

10. Flap Jack, "Rapid Romance,." This was the outlaw rabbit mentioned in my thread of the top 100 H-B couples.

9. Ricochet Rabbit's Mexican cousin. Oh, if only I could remember his name. It was he who arrested El Loco Lobo when Ricochet and Droop A Long couldn't cross the border.

8. Magic Rabbit, "Scooby's All-Star Laff-A-Lympics." He and The Great Fondoo were among those created for the Really Rottens.

7. Texas Jack, "Abbott And Costello."

6. The March Hare, "Alice In Wonderland, Or What's A Nice Kid Like You Doing In A Place Like This?"

5. Bunny Hug, "Rapid Romance." The only female rabbit from the studio.

4. The White Rabbit, also from H-B's "Alice In Wonderland,"

3. The un-named rabbit from "The Thanksgiving That Almost Wasn't." It was he who rallied the other animals to attack the wolf, before realizing that only Jeremy Squirrel could save the boys.

2. Ricochet Rabbit.

1. Tie: The Easter Bunny, "Yogi The Easter Bear," and Velvie from "The Velveteen Rabbit." Now it wouldn't be fair not to put the Easter Bunny at the top, would it? Also, I liked "The Velveteen Rabbit" when I was a kid.
    Last edited: Mar 29, 2015
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Bobby Bickert

Bobby Bickert Inbetweener Forum Member New Member

Didn't they change his name to Brak the Rabbit in the later eposodes? (Since all he ever said was "Brak!".)
  3. emeraldisle

If so, I have no way of knowing.
  4. Bobby Bickert

I'm just going from memory, from watching the original broadcasts.
  5. artytoons

artytoons Administrator I SUPPORT BCDB! Forum Member New Member

Nope...He was always known as "Magic Rabbit" throughout the "Laff-A-Lympics" series. No doubt, he gave some interesting interviews with Snagglepuss and Mildew Wolf after the sporting events were done...not. :)

For the heck of it, in the "Challenge of the Super Friends" episode "Fairy Tale of Doom", Wonder Woman, who was trapped in the story "Alice in Wonderland" by the Cheetah by way of Toyman's storybook trapping device, spots the March Hare as the first character she sees in her Wonderland journey. It goes downhill for Wonder Woman from there.
    Last edited: Apr 3, 2015
    • Useful Useful x 1
  6. Bobby Bickert

Since your memory of this series seems to be better than mine...

I swear I also remember Mumbly being called Muttley in the later episodes. (At that time I didn't know about "The Wacky Races", so the different name made no sense to me.) Is my memory faulty on this "remembrance" as well?
  7. artytoons

artytoons Administrator I SUPPORT BCDB! Forum Member New Member

Mumbly was always Mumbly.

Muttley did appear in a cameo on one episode when he and Mumbly did a switcheroo in another successfully patented Really Rottens cheating maneuver and high fiving each other and snickering. It was revealed that Muttley and Mumbly were brothers.
    • Useful Useful x 1
  8. Bobby Bickert

Like Bluto and Brutus!
    • Like Like x 1
  9. emeraldisle

No, Bluto and Brutus were the same guy. Their names were just changed.
  10. oneuglybunny

oneuglybunny Moderator Staff Member Forum Member

However, Bluto does have a sister: Blutessa, who paired with Bluto in a mixed doubles tennis match versus Popeye and Olive. And she must be his sister: she's almost a clone of Bluto, except for the tennis skirt, and that she shaves daily. o_O
  11. Bobby Bickert

One of the Popeye comic books published by Ocean Comics in the late 1980's had a storyline (written by Bill Pearson) in which Bluto and Brutus were twin brothers. I believe it was accepted as "canon" by King Features Syndicate, and was later incorporated into the comic strip.