1. Big Cartoon Forum

You WIll Need To Reset Your Password!!!

We just moved hosts on this system, and this has caused a few updates. One is the way we encode and store the encoded passwords.

Your old passwords will NOT work. You will need to reset your password. This is normal. Just click on reset password from the log in screen. Should be smooth as silk to do...

Sorry for the hassle.

Dave Koch
  2. Big Cartoon Forum

Are You Just Hanging Out?

Just lurking? Join the club, we'd love to have you in the Big Cartoon Forum! Sign up is easy- just enter your name and password.... or join using your Facebook account!

Membership has it's privileges... you can post and get your questions answered directly. But you can also join our community, and help other people with their questions, You can add to the discussion. And it's free! So join today!

Dave Koch
  3. Big Cartoon Forum

Other Side Of Maleficent

I have been looking forward to Maleficent with equal amounts of anticipation and dread. On one hand, she is easily my favorite Disney villain, so cold and so pure, and I want desperately to see more of her and her back-story. On the other hand, she is easily my favorite Disney villain, and I would hate to see her parodied, taken lightly or ultimately destroyed in a film that does not understand this great character. The good news is that this film almost gets it right; but that is also the bad news.

4. Big Cartoon Forum

BCDB Hits 150K Entries

It took a while, but we are finally here! The Big Cartoon DataBase hit the milestone of 150,000 entries earlier today with the addition of the cartoon The Polish Language. This film was added to BCDB on May 9th, 2014 at 4:23 PM.

5. Big Cartoon Forum

Warner Brings Back Animated Stone-Age Family

Funnyman Will Ferrell and partner Adam McKay are working on bringing back everyone’s favorite stone-age family. The duo’s production company Gary Sanchez Productions is in development on a new Flintstones animated feature.

6. Big Cartoon Forum

Disney To Feast In France

The follow up to Disney’s 2013 Academy Award Winning short Paperman has been announced, and it will premiere at France’s Annecy International Animated Film Festival. Titled The Feast, the short looks to be based on the same stylized CG techniques used on last years Paperman, a more natural and hand-drawn look to computer animation.

7. Big Cartoon Forum

Renegades of Animation: Pat Sullivan

Pat Sullivan became famous worldwide for his creation of Felix the Cat. What most animation histories gloss over is Sullivan’s checkered past and longtime standing as a wildcat renegade. He didn’t follow the rules. And he made damn sure to fully protect his intellectual properties.

Vive La France!

Discussion in 'Cartoon Trivia' started by MrCleveland, Apr 20, 2019.

1. MrCleveland

MrCleveland Key Animator Forum Member New Member

With the Notre Dame fire I was wondering the cartoons set in France and Paris.

There can be cartoon episodes where someone goes to France, we can include The Rugrats in Paris or The Hunchback of Notre Dame, or even Pepe le Pew.
  2. oneuglybunny

oneuglybunny Moderator Staff Member Forum Member

Right off the bat, there's the award-winning Les Triplettes du Belleville. Oh, and of course, there's Pixar's Ratatouille.
  3. MrCleveland

Here's one...Gay Purr-ee with the voices of Judy Garland and Robert Goulet.
  4. oneuglybunny

Oh! Another Academy Award winner: La Maison en Petits Cubes by Kunio Kato from 2008. The Japanese director made a touching film,but his grasp of French is off. Properly, the title should be La Maison des Petits Cubes. It's the story of worldwide flooding that compels French people to build new structures atop existing ones before the lower level is completely submerged. One old French widower drops his smoking pipe down a floor hatch, and dons a pressure suit to retrieve it.
  5. emeraldisle

emeraldisle Moderator Staff Member I SUPPORT BCDB!

Let's not forget "The Great Pussycat Chase" which began and ended in Paris, with Josie and The Pussycats trying to prevent the Shadow from stealing a black box that had been entrusted to them. Also, there was an episode of The Osmonds set in Paris. Finally, there was the Yogi Bear episode in which he and Boo-Boo went to Paris after winning a contest, and Yogi infamously asked for ketchup to put on a filet mignon. Oh, I almost forgot The Man Called Flintstone had the gang traveling to Paris, then Rome.
    • Like Like x 1
  6. oneuglybunny

Not the whole film, but one critical part of it: Looney Tunes: Back In Action necessitates a tour of the Louvre; in particular, to view La Joconde through a filter. Beneath the enigmatic lady lies a map of Africa, with an X marking the site of the Blue Monkey diamond. The villain's elite mook Bob kidnaps humorless Kate Houghton, and brings her to the upper tier of the Eiffel Tower.
  7. saltyboot

saltyboot A Moderating Moderator Staff Member Forum Member

Of course, how can I forget! There is also Beauty and the Beast that takes place in France.
  8. oneuglybunny

Going all the way back to 1934, there's La Joie de Vivre by Anthony Gross and Hector Hoppin at Animat Studio. Two nubile nymphs go for a walk, and somehow traverse the electric wires of a transformer substation without getting fried. After that, they encounter a river, and immediately fling off their clothes and swim nude. In France, at that time, going topless was no big deal, and skinny-dipping was perfectly acceptable.
  9. straydog

straydog Moderator Staff Member Forum Member New Member

10. MrCleveland

Since today is Bastille Day...

...any more cartoons set in France...or even made n France?
  11. emeraldisle

"Wheelie In Paris" had Wheelie, Rota, and the Chopper Bunch in Paris, where they met a Gendarme car. Also, every animated adaptation of the Three Musketeers. I think there was an episode of Butch Cassidy And The Sundance Kids set in Paris.
  12. oneuglybunny

One Josie and the Pussycats adventure has them playing a gig in Paris, France. They get mixed up with a criminal mastermind called The Shadow.
  13. emeraldisle

OUB, I posted about that one previously.
  14. oneuglybunny

Whoops, sorry about that, Chief. I didn't scroll far enough up to see that. Should've known you'd ping any Hanna-Barbera cartoon right from GO. Pardon my senility.