1. Big Cartoon Forum

You WIll Need To Reset Your Password!!!

We just moved hosts on this system, and this has caused a few updates. One is the way we encode and store the encoded passwords.

Your old passwords will NOT work. You will need to reset your password. This is normal. Just click on reset password from the log in screen. Should be smooth as silk to do...

Sorry for the hassle.

Dave Koch
  2. Big Cartoon Forum

Are You Just Hanging Out?

Just lurking? Join the club, we'd love to have you in the Big Cartoon Forum! Sign up is easy- just enter your name and password.... or join using your Facebook account!

Membership has it's privileges... you can post and get your questions answered directly. But you can also join our community, and help other people with their questions, You can add to the discussion. And it's free! So join today!

Dave Koch
  3. Big Cartoon Forum

Other Side Of Maleficent

I have been looking forward to Maleficent with equal amounts of anticipation and dread. On one hand, she is easily my favorite Disney villain, so cold and so pure, and I want desperately to see more of her and her back-story. On the other hand, she is easily my favorite Disney villain, and I would hate to see her parodied, taken lightly or ultimately destroyed in a film that does not understand this great character. The good news is that this film almost gets it right; but that is also the bad news.

4. Big Cartoon Forum

BCDB Hits 150K Entries

It took a while, but we are finally here! The Big Cartoon DataBase hit the milestone of 150,000 entries earlier today with the addition of the cartoon The Polish Language. This film was added to BCDB on May 9th, 2014 at 4:23 PM.

5. Big Cartoon Forum

Warner Brings Back Animated Stone-Age Family

Funnyman Will Ferrell and partner Adam McKay are working on bringing back everyone’s favorite stone-age family. The duo’s production company Gary Sanchez Productions is in development on a new Flintstones animated feature.

6. Big Cartoon Forum

Disney To Feast In France

The follow up to Disney’s 2013 Academy Award Winning short Paperman has been announced, and it will premiere at France’s Annecy International Animated Film Festival. Titled The Feast, the short looks to be based on the same stylized CG techniques used on last years Paperman, a more natural and hand-drawn look to computer animation.

7. Big Cartoon Forum

Renegades of Animation: Pat Sullivan

Pat Sullivan became famous worldwide for his creation of Felix the Cat. What most animation histories gloss over is Sullivan’s checkered past and longtime standing as a wildcat renegade. He didn’t follow the rules. And he made damn sure to fully protect his intellectual properties.

What is your favorite childhood cartoon show?

Discussion in 'Television Discussions' started by franklampard1992, Jun 22, 2022.

1. franklampard1992

franklampard1992 Newbie New Member

And the topper of the list, though I am sure mostly none of you would agree, is
    1. Digimon: Yes... Digimon as a show had it all....all the best qualities from all the above top animes and cartoons.
    The characters grew up mentally and grew old physically as well. The reason given for the digiworld was so scientifically appealing that one would rarely question it.
    And the most important part that made digimon far apart from any of its counterpart was the awesome mind-numbing music and backscore it had. The title song(though in japanese) was so good that even after so many years it is their on my playlist.
    I know I have missed many of them on this short list but I can not include and elaborate all, so just some more pics that may make you feel good.
    2. Batman: And yes I am talking about the very original first Batman. Some of its episodes were so emotional and intense that I didnt understood them until I was 14 or so. This show has earned what we call RESPECT. I cant explain what was so special about this show because I am speechless. You have to see it to understand the intensity
    3. Poke'mon: I know again some people will say that this one should have topped the list and rightly so even at first i thought of making it the 1st, but the point is that Poke'mon was famous because of its game, the trading cards, the tazzos and all that stuff that came free with Cheetos. I am not saying it wasn't a good show but their are better ones.Another reason are the Genwunners,they dont like any other pokemon except from the Kanto.I personally love all of them with 3rd being my favourite. (Personally Pokemon as a whole franchise is the closest to my heart i have to do this with a really heavy heart)
    4.DBZ: This is till date considered to be the best animes by many, was mine personal favourites when i saw it for the first time.
    The only reason it doesn't tops the list is the fact that sometimes it stretched a lot or maybe I am in a bad mood right now.
    5.X-men Evolution: This show featured one of the best animation, story, screenplay and write-up of the era... and the way they merged the stories from past and linked them was incredible. The only place except this show were I've seen a similar sequence was from Harry Potter and the prisoner of Azkaban, where Harry, Ron and Hermoine time travel to the past and their behavior in there have huge impacts on some small details that explain a lot of what had happened earlier.
  2. RascalsFan84

RascalsFan84 Inbetweener Forum Member New Member

1. "Captain Caveman and the Teen Angels" - perhaps the best Scooby-Doo copycat series ever, and Taffy and Brenda look so hot!
    2. "Scooby-Doo" and its subsequent incarnations - I enjoy it a lot, particularly the mystery solving format and the unmasking. I enjoyed the series greatly, even after Scrappy was added to the cast - but I did lose interest for two years due to Daphne being dropped. I do enjoy the 1982-83 season, despite Daphne's absence because at least the show was slowly getting back into the mystery solving format, and Daphne was added back to the cast in 1983 but as a young adult, likely.
    3. "Richie Rich" - perhaps the best cartoon series in my opinion, based on a comic book series that I just recently got hooked on when the series launched. The stories are interesting, though many of them were not completely original until Season 4.
    4. "The Little Rascals" - Perhaps my most favorite cartoon series involving little kids as characters. I like Darla Hood greatly - especially when she was barefoot despite wearing her usual dress in that riverboat episode.
    5. "The Gary Coleman Show" - again, it has little kids as main characters, and despite its low ratings I enjoyed it a lot. Such a shame it didn't get a second season.

HONORABLE MENTION:

"Punky Brewster" - A pretty great spinoff of a prime-time sitcom, with a bit of magic added to the mix. However, while I am male and did enjoy the show, I find this series was more targeted to young girls - especially when only one of the four main child characters was male - Allen Anderson - and the other three kids - Punky, Cherie and Margaux - were girls. However, I never cared for some episodes, such as "Any Wish Way You Can" due to Punky and Cherie becoming barefoot servants to Queen Margaux.