1. Big Cartoon Forum

You WIll Need To Reset Your Password!!!

We just moved hosts on this system, and this has caused a few updates. One is the way we encode and store the encoded passwords.

Your old passwords will NOT work. You will need to reset your password. This is normal. Just click on reset password from the log in screen. Should be smooth as silk to do...

Sorry for the hassle.

Dave Koch
  2. Big Cartoon Forum

Are You Just Hanging Out?

Just lurking? Join the club, we'd love to have you in the Big Cartoon Forum! Sign up is easy- just enter your name and password.... or join using your Facebook account!

Membership has it's privileges... you can post and get your questions answered directly. But you can also join our community, and help other people with their questions, You can add to the discussion. And it's free! So join today!

Dave Koch
  3. Big Cartoon Forum

Other Side Of Maleficent

I have been looking forward to Maleficent with equal amounts of anticipation and dread. On one hand, she is easily my favorite Disney villain, so cold and so pure, and I want desperately to see more of her and her back-story. On the other hand, she is easily my favorite Disney villain, and I would hate to see her parodied, taken lightly or ultimately destroyed in a film that does not understand this great character. The good news is that this film almost gets it right; but that is also the bad news.

4. Big Cartoon Forum

BCDB Hits 150K Entries

It took a while, but we are finally here! The Big Cartoon DataBase hit the milestone of 150,000 entries earlier today with the addition of the cartoon The Polish Language. This film was added to BCDB on May 9th, 2014 at 4:23 PM.

5. Big Cartoon Forum

Warner Brings Back Animated Stone-Age Family

Funnyman Will Ferrell and partner Adam McKay are working on bringing back everyone’s favorite stone-age family. The duo’s production company Gary Sanchez Productions is in development on a new Flintstones animated feature.

6. Big Cartoon Forum

Disney To Feast In France

The follow up to Disney’s 2013 Academy Award Winning short Paperman has been announced, and it will premiere at France’s Annecy International Animated Film Festival. Titled The Feast, the short looks to be based on the same stylized CG techniques used on last years Paperman, a more natural and hand-drawn look to computer animation.

7. Big Cartoon Forum

Renegades of Animation: Pat Sullivan

Pat Sullivan became famous worldwide for his creation of Felix the Cat. What most animation histories gloss over is Sullivan’s checkered past and longtime standing as a wildcat renegade. He didn’t follow the rules. And he made damn sure to fully protect his intellectual properties.

Memorable quotes from animated characters.

Discussion in 'Other / Multiple Studios' started by oneuglybunny, Apr 21, 2014.

1. oneuglybunny

oneuglybunny Moderator Staff Member Forum Member

Good old Springfield is usually good for a laugh, so I'll pluck a dandy line from Matt Groening's The Simpsons:
    While cooling his heels in the prison exercise yard, Snake sees Homer Simpson driving Snake's former muscle car. Aghast, Snake bolts for the gate in the chain-link fence that encloses the yard. A sign on the gate specifies "No Escaping." Snake addresses this restriction thusly:

"To hell with the honor system."
    Snake then simply opens the gate and escapes, pursuing his beloved car on foot. No lock on the gate, no audible alarm sounds, no sign that this prison break triggered any response at all. Budget cuts, indeed.
  2. Glowworm

Glowworm Moderator Staff Member I SUPPORT BCDB!

I never really got into Spongebob Squarepants--however, there have been a few episodes I enjoyed--and there are some memorable quotes.
    The one that always got me was when Patrick attempts to cheer up Spongebob about being "ugly" (people are actually avoiding him because his breath smells) with a story in "Something Smells." "It's called the ugly barnacle. Once there was an ugly barnacle. He was so ugly that everyone died! The end." Spongebob then states the obvious: "That didn't help at all!"
  3. emeraldisle

emeraldisle Moderator Staff Member I SUPPORT BCDB!

Well, in honor of "The Amazing Spider Man 2" opening today, I decided to post this quote from the "Spiderman And His Amazing Friends" episode, "Seven Little Superheroes." When Spidey comes down the chimney of the Chameleon's mansion," he says, "It's just your friendly neighborhood Santa Claus."
  4. saltyboot

saltyboot A Moderating Moderator Staff Member Forum Member

Here is another response from Pinky after Brain asked "are you pondering what I'm pondering?"

"I think so Brain, but this time, you wear the tutu."

I don't know what episode this comes from.
  5. emeraldisle

How about this one from "Battle Of The Planets," when G-Force discusses the possibility of a two-headed monster?

Princess: Two heads are better than one.

Mark: Not on the same body!
  6. oneuglybunny

Due to his peculiar command of the English language, Don Karnage will deliver a dandy line. One that stands out in my mind occurs during the introductory episode Plunder And Lightning, when Baloo, Rebecca and Molly are fleeing the air pirates within the caverns of Pirate Island. Karnage, furious at their deception, gives the order:
    "Shoot them! A lot!"
    As if there's a bullet quota for air pirates. Otherwise, Karnage's underlings would only shoot fleeing prisoners three times at most. Given that Karnage and his band routinely display towering lunacy and epic stupidity, this just might be the case, justifying the "a lot" quantifier.
  7. Glowworm

At the very end of "What's Opera Doc?" Elmer is weeping while carrying off a "dead" Bugs Bunny. Suddenly Bugs lifts up his head and breaks the fourth wall: "Well what did you expect in an opera? A happy ending? " This very true and amusing remark is what always kept me from sobbing uncontrollably as a kid. I knew that Bugs wasn't really dead. Also, from "What's Opera Doc?" Elmer standing over Bugs' rabbit hole with his spear savagely chanting to "Flight of the Valkyries" "Kill the Wabbit! Kill the Wabbit!" always left me in stitches and to this day I can't hear this classical piece without picturing Elmer doing just that--and of course wanting to chant "Kill the Wabbit!" every time the refrain pops up.
  8. saltyboot

saltyboot A Moderating Moderator Staff Member Forum Member

In Bewitched Bunny, the kids say, "Ahhh, your mother rides a vacuum cleaner!"

Also, here's a Bugs quote from Baseball Bugs. "Eeeeeeh, watch me paste that pathetic palooka with a powerful, pachydermous, percussion pitch."
  9. emeraldisle

Here's a good one from "Courageous Cat And Minute Mouse." The Black Cat steals jewels from the basement of a wax museum. Courageous and Minute keep putting them back, but the criminal never sees this. So, he says, "The jewels! They're gone! Must be ghosts!"
  10. Glowworm

One of my absolute favorites has to be Wile E. Coyote's opening in "Operation Rabbit" "Allow me to introduce myself."My name is Wile E. Coyote, genius. I am not selling anything, nor am I working my way through college."
    Bugs tries to cut in with "I" but is immediately interrupted by Coyote continuing "So let's get down to cases: you are a rabbit an I am going to eat you for supper. Now don't try to get away! I am more muscular, more cunning, faster and larger than you, and I'm a genius, while you could hardly pass the examination exams to kindergarten. So I'll give you the customary two minutes to say your prayers."
    Bugs then responds with "I'm sorry, Mac, but the lady of the house ain't home and besides, we mailed you people a check last week."
    Walking off, Wile E. remarks to the audience: "Why do they always want to do it the hard way?"

The ending lines are great too. A defeated Coyote once more returns to address Bugs through his folding door: "Allow me to introduce myself, my name is Mud." before collapsing.
    Bugs then remarks "And remember, mud spelled backwards is dumb."
    Last edited: May 11, 2014
  11. emeraldisle

Can't be complete without these memorable quotes:

From "Hare Brush:"

Bugs(hypnotized): I am Elmer J. Fudd, millionaire. I own a mansion and a yacht.

And at the end of the short:

Elmer: I may be a scwewy wabbit, but at least I ain't going to Alcatwaz.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. oneuglybunny

Bad ol' Dick Dastardly fired off a good one, though I'll need help citing the particular episode:
    "I'm going to win this race fair and square, even if I have to cheat!"
    Muttley, of course, snickers at this. This is the Dick Dastardly we're talking about. If Dick ever had an honest thought, it would make his brain itch. And I have to wonder what Dastardly considers "fair and square." No firearms or explosives? Leave survivors?
    Actually, it makes sense for Dastardly to pursue cataclysmic cheating, especially in the later stages of the Wacky Races. At that point, Dastardly is so far behind in the standings that even consecutive victories won't earn him the overall championship. His only hope to become the Wackiest Racer is to eliminate all the other competitors. Dastardly wins the whole shootin' match by being the sole surviving entrant. Apparently, mass homicide isn't against the rules.
  13. Glowworm

Here's one that kind of surprised me. In the Tom and Jerry Kids Droopy and Dripple episode "Droopio and Juliet" after Juliet swoons over Droopio, Dripple remarks "My pop's a real sex symbol." Now I had seen this episode plenty of times as a middle schooler, but never picked up on that line until a few years ago at college. I was pretty surprised to hear such a line in there and found it hilarious.
  14. emeraldisle

And lest we forget, there's a plethora of memorable quotes from "Rebel Rabbit:"

"They wouldn't take it unless I threw in a set of dishes."

"That fills up that hole."

"South America, take it away!"

(after swiping locks off the Panama Canal) "I got 'em! I got 'em!"

"Hair dye! That's a joke, son, and you missed it!"

"I'm game! Count me in!"

"Bugs Bunny! King Of The Beasts!"(imitates Tarzan yell).

"Could it be I carried this thing too far?" Later, at Alcatraz Prison "Eh, could be."
  15. Glowworm

There's a really funny one from Disney's "The Hunchback of Notre Dame"-- but not from the intended comedy relief. After what was probably one of the darkest Disney villain songs ever, "Hellfire" in which Frollo sings of his burning lust for Esmeralda, Phoebus greets Frollo the next morning. "Morning, sir." Frollo replies with groaning and grabbing at his head--as if he's suffering from an extreme hangover. Concerned, Phoebus asks him "Are you feeling all right?" Frollo's response? "I had a little trouble with the fireplace." "I see," is Phoebus' reply.

"A little trouble with the the fireplace?" Is that what we're calling it, Frollo? ;)
  16. emeraldisle

Here's one no one even thought about:

In a Pink Panther cartoon about Noah, we saw one of the few times that the Pink Panther spoke. At the end of the short, he asked, "Why can't men be more like animals?"
  17. Thumpsquid

Thumpsquid Apprentice Forum Member New Member

Futurama

"Hell Is Other Robots"

Leela: Who would've thought Hell was real and that it would be in in New Jersey?

Fry: Wouldn't a solid gold fiddle weigh hundreds of pounds and sound crummy? (After the Robot Devil challenges Bender to a fiddle playing contest and learning what the prize is. )
  18. Minotaur714

Minotaur714 Intern Forum Member New Member

Darkwing Duck: "The worst part of public transportation...is the public."

Aardvark: "I'd say something right now, but it would only be censored."
    • Like Like x 1
  19. peterhale

peterhale Moderator Staff Member I SUPPORT BCDB!

Jiminy Cricket (on seeing Pinochio come to life): [whistles] - What they can't do these days!"
  20. Thumpsquid

Thumpsquid Apprentice Forum Member New Member

The Simpsons

From "Homer and Apu" the rhyming couplet;

Maggie with her eyes so bright/Marge with hair by Frank Lloyd Wright.

Also when "Who Needs the Kwik-E-Mart" ends with Apu sadly admitting that he does.

Homer: Hey, he's not happy at all. He lied to us through song! I hate when people do that!