1. Big Cartoon Forum

You WIll Need To Reset Your Password!!!

We just moved hosts on this system, and this has caused a few updates. One is the way we encode and store the encoded passwords.

Your old passwords will NOT work. You will need to reset your password. This is normal. Just click on reset password from the log in screen. Should be smooth as silk to do...

Sorry for the hassle.

Dave Koch
  2. Big Cartoon Forum

Are You Just Hanging Out?

Just lurking? Join the club, we'd love to have you in the Big Cartoon Forum! Sign up is easy- just enter your name and password.... or join using your Facebook account!

Membership has it's privileges... you can post and get your questions answered directly. But you can also join our community, and help other people with their questions, You can add to the discussion. And it's free! So join today!

Dave Koch
  3. Big Cartoon Forum

Other Side Of Maleficent

I have been looking forward to Maleficent with equal amounts of anticipation and dread. On one hand, she is easily my favorite Disney villain, so cold and so pure, and I want desperately to see more of her and her back-story. On the other hand, she is easily my favorite Disney villain, and I would hate to see her parodied, taken lightly or ultimately destroyed in a film that does not understand this great character. The good news is that this film almost gets it right; but that is also the bad news.

4. Big Cartoon Forum

BCDB Hits 150K Entries

It took a while, but we are finally here! The Big Cartoon DataBase hit the milestone of 150,000 entries earlier today with the addition of the cartoon The Polish Language. This film was added to BCDB on May 9th, 2014 at 4:23 PM.

5. Big Cartoon Forum

Warner Brings Back Animated Stone-Age Family

Funnyman Will Ferrell and partner Adam McKay are working on bringing back everyone’s favorite stone-age family. The duo’s production company Gary Sanchez Productions is in development on a new Flintstones animated feature.

6. Big Cartoon Forum

Disney To Feast In France

The follow up to Disney’s 2013 Academy Award Winning short Paperman has been announced, and it will premiere at France’s Annecy International Animated Film Festival. Titled The Feast, the short looks to be based on the same stylized CG techniques used on last years Paperman, a more natural and hand-drawn look to computer animation.

7. Big Cartoon Forum

Renegades of Animation: Pat Sullivan

Pat Sullivan became famous worldwide for his creation of Felix the Cat. What most animation histories gloss over is Sullivan’s checkered past and longtime standing as a wildcat renegade. He didn’t follow the rules. And he made damn sure to fully protect his intellectual properties.

Memorable quotes from animated characters.

Discussion in 'Other / Multiple Studios' started by oneuglybunny, Apr 21, 2014.

1. Glowworm

Glowworm Moderator Staff Member I SUPPORT BCDB!

At the end of the Inspector short "That's No Lady, That's Notre Dame!" Sergeant Deux-Deux reports to the Commissioner that he has captured the purse snatcher. The Commissioner wants him in his office for a talk. The only problem is that Deux-Deux is disguised as a woman, and the Commissioner's very jealous wife has just seen all this. While she attacks the Commissioner in his office, Deux-Deux manages to safely duck out and remark "Boy, the Commissioner is sure having a hard time squaring his triangles."
  2. emeraldisle

emeraldisle Moderator Staff Member I SUPPORT BCDB!

Well, due to the success of the new "Godzilla" movie, I felt I just had to post quotes from some episodes of the first animated Godzilla series.

When the crew of the Calico sees a breeder beast loose in Washington, DC:

Carl: You were right, Quinn. It's heading for the Mint!

Quinn: This is something I wish I were wrong about.

And from another episode:

Carl: See if Godzooky's overhead.

Brock(spotting Godzooky on the roof of a bus): He's over about fifty heads.
  3. Glowworm

"The Hole Idea" has a whammy of a classic ending line. Calvin Q. Calculus' shrew of a wife, Gertrude is nagging him out again, when he creates a portable hole and slips it near her so as she walks off, she falls into it. "My, that was a deep one!" remarks the little inventor. Suddenly, the devil himself pops out of the now blazing hole carrying Gertrude and pleads "Isn't it bad enough down there without her?"
    • Like Like x 1
  4. emeraldisle

How about these from "Yankee Doodle Bugs" that I never stop thinking about?:

Herald: But your Majesty, these are carpet tacks!

King George: Oh? Well, they're tea tacks now!
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Bill Lewis

Bill Lewis Animator Forum Member New Member

Two from the New Hanna-Barbera Cartoon series-from Lippy the Lion,just as they're about to pull off another scam,Hardy says to himself ''Oh dear,I know this is dishonest,I just hope it isn't illegal!''And from Touche' Turtle,as he's being chased by an admiring female fan,''Oh,why wasn't I born rich instead of so handsome?''
  6. saltyboot

saltyboot A Moderating Moderator Staff Member Forum Member

Here's one from Futurama, "The Day The Earth Stood Stupid."

Fry- "Don't listen to them, Leela. People said I was dumb, but I proved them!"
  7. Glowworm

In the Legend of Korra Book One: Air--Episode Four: A Voice in the Night, Tenzin, Korra's airbending mentor, and the son of Aang has a little problem with one of his children at the banquet that has been thrown for Korra. "Meelo, No! That is not a toilet! Oh, dear." and hurriedly rushes off holding his head. What makes this even better, is we never do find out what Meelo did mistake for a toilet that day. Also, we never once see Meelo doing this--it all focuses on poor Tenzin's reaction to an off screen event.
  8. peterhale

peterhale Moderator Staff Member I SUPPORT BCDB!

Mae Questal (originally, I think, as Olive Oyl fighting off Bluto, but it also turns up in the Betty Boop short Betty's Lifeguard - inappropriately, since she is dreaming of being chased by a submarine dragon): "You keep your hands to you, that's what you are!"
    Last edited: Jun 26, 2014
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Bill Lewis

Favorite Olive Oyl quote: "Attaboy,Popeye! Give'em the ol' onesy,twosey, 23 skiddoozey!''
  10. oneuglybunny

oneuglybunny Moderator Staff Member Forum Member

Oh, well, as long as we're in the Popeye vein, I'll add one, from Popeye's adventures in Arabia. He and Olive are in a cafe, in Baghdad or thereabouts, and the two are given menus. Of course, the menus are in Arabic, to which Popeye mutters, "I didn't order any Chinese laundry. Hmm, this writin's written rotten." Naturally, Arabic script is cryptic to anyone schooled only in the Romanic alphabet.
  11. emeraldisle

Here's a good Olive quote rom "Nearly Weds:"

"Eeny, meeny, miney, mo. I shall pick this here beau."
  12. saltyboot

I think I shall board the Popeye train.

Popeye: Hello Bluto, large weather we're having.
    Bulto: Oh enormous, enormous, yes.
  13. Glowworm

I'm not a huge Popeye fan--but there is one line that tickles me a bit from "Pitchin' Woo at the Zoo." "Come on, Olive. You've seen the wolf. Now we'll see the other animals."
    • Like Like x 1
  14. oneuglybunny

Just to mix the pitches, I'll pull one from Disney Television, specifically Chip 'n' Dale's Rescue Rangers, the episode "Dale Beside Himself."

Two shape-shifting aliens mistake Dale for their comrade Ditz, and take him aboard their spacecraft. There, they leave Dale at the controls, where he delightedly goes haywire with them. Of course, the two aliens return to abate the damage, and send Dale to Ditz's quarters. Along the way, Dale ponders:

"What good are buttons in a spaceship if they don't let ya press 'em?"

Somewhere, an engineer is crying...
  15. saltyboot

Yeah, I'm not big on Popeye either, but I really like the ad-libs they do.

Here's a quote from An Itch In Time.
    Dog while dragging his rear on the floor: "Hey, I'd better cut this out, or I may get to like it!"
    • Like Like x 1
  16. oneuglybunny

The LEGO Movie offers one from Lord Business, who calls for one of his prized alien artifacts:

"Bring me the Sword of Exact Zero."

Of course, it's an X-Acto knife blade, but in a world made entirely of LEGO's, such a piece would be rather mysterious. ;)
  17. Glowworm

In "The Three Little Pups" there is a scene in which the three pups are watching tv and the dogcatcher attempts to suck them out with a giant straw, but instead winds up swallowing the television. A couple of scenes later, the pups are watching the tv again--as if nothing had happened to it. Droopy remarks to the audience "Now don't ask us how we get the television set back."
    • Funny Funny x 1
  18. Bill Lewis

In the Looney Tune ''Birth of a Notion'',Daffy Duck has talked Leopold the dog into staying at Leopold's house over the winter. Unfortunately,the house is owned by mad scientist ''Peter Lorre'',who decides to use the duck in one of his experiments.The majority of the cartoon then consists of Daffy being chased around the house by Lorre,until the camera suddenly cuts to Leopold,who says''Remember me? Hmph,some part I got in this picture!''
  19. emeraldisle

How about what I consider one of the most memorable quotes of all? When Daffy sees the Forty Thieves' treasure, and later, a pearl inside an oyster, he totally loses it! "Down down down! Go go go ! Mine!"
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. Bill Lewis

''I'm rich! I'm rich! I'm comfortably well off!''