1. Big Cartoon Forum

You WIll Need To Reset Your Password!!!

We just moved hosts on this system, and this has caused a few updates. One is the way we encode and store the encoded passwords.

Your old passwords will NOT work. You will need to reset your password. This is normal. Just click on reset password from the log in screen. Should be smooth as silk to do...

Sorry for the hassle.

Dave Koch
  2. Big Cartoon Forum

Are You Just Hanging Out?

Just lurking? Join the club, we'd love to have you in the Big Cartoon Forum! Sign up is easy- just enter your name and password.... or join using your Facebook account!

Membership has it's privileges... you can post and get your questions answered directly. But you can also join our community, and help other people with their questions, You can add to the discussion. And it's free! So join today!

Dave Koch
  3. Big Cartoon Forum

Other Side Of Maleficent

I have been looking forward to Maleficent with equal amounts of anticipation and dread. On one hand, she is easily my favorite Disney villain, so cold and so pure, and I want desperately to see more of her and her back-story. On the other hand, she is easily my favorite Disney villain, and I would hate to see her parodied, taken lightly or ultimately destroyed in a film that does not understand this great character. The good news is that this film almost gets it right; but that is also the bad news.

4. Big Cartoon Forum

BCDB Hits 150K Entries

It took a while, but we are finally here! The Big Cartoon DataBase hit the milestone of 150,000 entries earlier today with the addition of the cartoon The Polish Language. This film was added to BCDB on May 9th, 2014 at 4:23 PM.

5. Big Cartoon Forum

Warner Brings Back Animated Stone-Age Family

Funnyman Will Ferrell and partner Adam McKay are working on bringing back everyone’s favorite stone-age family. The duo’s production company Gary Sanchez Productions is in development on a new Flintstones animated feature.

6. Big Cartoon Forum

Disney To Feast In France

The follow up to Disney’s 2013 Academy Award Winning short Paperman has been announced, and it will premiere at France’s Annecy International Animated Film Festival. Titled The Feast, the short looks to be based on the same stylized CG techniques used on last years Paperman, a more natural and hand-drawn look to computer animation.

7. Big Cartoon Forum

Renegades of Animation: Pat Sullivan

Pat Sullivan became famous worldwide for his creation of Felix the Cat. What most animation histories gloss over is Sullivan’s checkered past and longtime standing as a wildcat renegade. He didn’t follow the rules. And he made damn sure to fully protect his intellectual properties.

Relentless Cartoon Villain Of The Day.

Discussion in 'Free-For-All' started by emeraldisle, Oct 15, 2018.

1. emeraldisle

emeraldisle Moderator Staff Member I SUPPORT BCDB!

Today's relentless cartoon villain is The Rattler, from "Cool McCool."

Like all the others in McCool's rogues gallery, he is mentioned in the theme song("The Rattler is nearby. McCool is on the fly!"). He was half human, half snake, and among other things, created a garden of evil. So he's right up there.
  2. emeraldisle

Today's relentless cartoon villain of the day is Dr. Kashmir Voltrang, from "Godzilla."

There were other human villains besides him, but he was ruthless with a capital R. He captured the crew of the Calico, and cloned all four humans and Godzooky. When they pulled off a daring escape, he unleashed a giant squid to recapture them. Luckily, he and the clones of his daughter ended up in prison.
  3. emeraldisle

Today's relentless cartoon villain is Ruber, from "Quest For Camelot."

He killed Juliana's father, stole Excalibur, and turned a chicken into a living weapon. In other words, he made other Arthurian villains like Mordred and Morgan LeFay look like mere burglars.
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. oneuglybunny

oneuglybunny Moderator Staff Member Forum Member

Surely a recurrent nemesis will always qualify: Simon Bar Sinister, the diminutive Mad Scientist that has these twisted schemes of conquest that come horribly close to fruition. Only Underdog can thwart him, and sometimes it's not on the first try.
  5. emeraldisle

Yes, and he and Cad Lackey even went back in time to prevent the first Thanksgiving, so he's perfect for this time of year. Also, on this Election Day, remember he had himself elected dictator by two votes, before Underdog revealed that neither Simon nor Cad were registered voters!
    Last edited: Nov 6, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. emeraldisle

Today's relentless cartoon villain is Dr. Doom, AKA Victor Von Doom.

After his face was ruined by a failed experiment for which he blamed Reed Richards, he eventually donned an iron mask. He was probably elected ruler of Latveria through threats and intimidation. Thankfully, he never became the President Of The U. S. Or if he did, it was only in the comics.
  7. oneuglybunny

oneuglybunny Moderator Staff Member Forum Member

Shortly after acquiring his body armor, Doom returned to Latveria and straight-up deposed the hereditary ruler and dissolved the nobility. After that, Doom proved himself to be a competent and capable ruler, using his knowledge of science to industrialize Latveria to where it's the crown jewel of Europe. At one point, Doom lost his mind fighting Reed Richards, and Prince Zorba returned from exile to lead the country ... badly. Zorba was so terrible that the Fantastic Four actually aided Doom in regaining the Latverian throne.
  8. emeraldisle

Today's relentless cartoon villain is Giganta.

Her backstory from the comics was altered for "Challenge Of The Superfriends." In this iteration of "Superfriends," she was a jealous cowgirl who saw Apache Chief use the growth powder. She stole it for herself, and used it to make herself grow. Ever since then, she and Apache Chief had been mortal enemies. Her new story was recounted in the last episode, "History Of Doom."
  9. emeraldisle

Today's relentless cartoon villain of the day is Prince John, from Disney's "Robin Hood."

This lion wasn't nearly as evil as Scar--he did, after all, suck his thumb, and yell, "Mommy!" But he was still one of the cruelest Disney villains ever. He had the sheriff take the citizens' money, threatened Robin and Friar Tuck with execution, and imprisoned those who refused to pay taxes. He was also one of the few Disney bad guys not to be killed off. Is it any wonder the peasants sang about him being the phoney king of England?

BTW, happy 45th anniversary to this classic movie.
  10. emeraldisle

Today's relentless cartoon villain is Jerrick, from the "Speed Buggy" episode "The Incredible Changing Man."

Here was quite possibly the most unique villain in the Hanna-Barbera rogues' gallery. He was able to enlarge and shrink himself at will, by using a ray and saying "Metamorpho." He was after a tape that a scientist had hidden in Speed Buggy's tape deck. His intention was to create a whole army of men like himself. But like all other villains, he failed--the ray was only temporary.
  11. emeraldisle

Today's relentless cartoon villain is the mercenary vulture from the short "Neighbors."

He could be considered the ultimate evil. He sold weapons to a pair of roosters who started out as BFF's. But the more weapons he sold, the more adversarial the roosters' relationship became. His dirty deeds led to the chickens eventually killing each other, while he pocketed the cash. So he was just as evil as any human villain.
  12. emeraldisle

Today's relentless cartoon villain of the day is Baron Von Rickenrock, from "The Flintstones" episode "The Story Of Rocky Raiders."

It was he who kidnapped and tortured Mata Harock. After Rocky Flintstone and Reggie Vanderock saved her, he and his men kept after them, refusing to give up the chase. The henchmen were defeated, Mata's fate was unknown, but Rickenrock kept pursuing his enemies for 55 years, even following them to the Flintstones house! This was one amazing story!
  13. emeraldisle

Today's relentless cartoon villain is Klaus, AKA Von Duffel, from the "Jonny Quest" episode, "The Devil's Tower."

A ruthless Nazi commandant of a concentration camp(Was there ever a Nazi who wasn't ruthless?), he hid in the caverns at the top of the Devil's Escarpment, where he duped cavemen into mining diamonds for him. Worse than that, however, he captured Team Quest, and stole their plane. During their escape, he kept bombarding them with grenades, claiming all the while that he couldn't miss. Fortunately for them, he DID keep missing, until a grenade landed on the plane, and detonated, ending his reign of terror once and for all. Dr. Quest even revealed that during World War II, he'd been assigned to track this guy down.
  14. emeraldisle

Today's relentless cartoon villain of the day is Wilson Fisk, AKA The Kingpin.

This mob boss was also a supervillain, seen in all animated series about Spiderman, and even an episode of Spider-Woman. So evil was he that he made Don Corleone look like a good guy. In a story arc of the Amazing Spiderman comic strip, he even kidnapped Aunt May. So he's definitely one of the most evil men in the MCU.
  15. emeraldisle

Today's relentless cartoon villains are The Sirens, from the "Godzilla" episode "Island Of Lost Ships."

Led by Morphea, this evil trio of sisters lured the crew of the Calico to their island in the usual way. They successfully overpowered Captain Majors, Quinn, Brock, and even Godzilla! As if that weren't enough, they had at their disposal a Minotaur statue that they could bring to life, and a Chimera that was locked up in a large building, and unleashed only when they decided to destroy the Calico! Even scarier was when they combined into one giant Siren, and then merged with the Chimera to fight the now revived Godzilla. Eventually, they were all destroyed when they fell into the sea, and the crew escaped just before the island vanished. So these were as evil as they come.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. emeraldisle

Today's relentless cartoon villain of the day is the fox from the short, "By Leaps And Hounds."

This vulpine adversary was very similar to the fox from the Baby Huey cartoons. The main difference is that this one spoke with a Cockney accent, but otherwise was just as cunning as the American one. Hubert eventually gained the upper paw by serving him tea, and asking him how many lumps he wanted---a gag borrowed from a classic Bugs Bunny cartoon!
  17. emeraldisle

Today's relentless cartoon villain of the day is Tyrone, The Terrible Toy Tinker, from "Thanksgiving In The Land Of Oz."

He steals the Powder Of Life in order to create an army of living toys, and first uses it on a turkey balloon that becomes The Green Gobbler. Eventually, Dorothy gets him to mend his ways, and everything works out in the end. So he wasn't nearly as relentless as the others I've posted.
  18. emeraldisle

Today's relentless cartoon villain of the day is Cad Lackey, Simon Bar Sinister's henchman from "Underdog."

He was often the one who had doubts about his boss's inventions, but always remained loyal to him. It was he who faked the attack on the Native Americans in the story arc "Simon Says No Thanksgiving," while Simon posed as a medicine man. His evil ways never wavered, even when Simon shrunk him due to his being the taller of the two.
  19. emeraldisle

Today's relentless cartoon villain is Darkon, leader of The Faceless People, from The Herculoids.

This man was after Princess Serena of the sun planet. He was so determined to reclaim her that he trapped the Herculoids in a vapor field, and then captured Tara, hoping that Zandor would deliver the Princess for a trade. All he got was Gleep in disguise, so he tried to destroy them with an acid floor, and then a deadly weapon, but both he and his fortress were destroyed in the end.
  20. emeraldisle

Today's relentless cartoon villain is Stonefinger, from The Flintstones episode, "The Stonefinger Caper," which aired 53 years ago today.

Like Dr. Sinister from the previous season, this villain was featured in an episode with a plot straight out of a James Bond movie. In fact, he was an intentional parody of Goldfinger. He had his henchmen go after Barney, simply because he looked just like Dr. Rockenheimer. Fred was captured as well, and this guy threatened them with a Horrorsaurus. He and his goons were defeated by Gazoo, who turned the evil trio into babies.