1. Big Cartoon Forum

You WIll Need To Reset Your Password!!!

We just moved hosts on this system, and this has caused a few updates. One is the way we encode and store the encoded passwords.

Your old passwords will NOT work. You will need to reset your password. This is normal. Just click on reset password from the log in screen. Should be smooth as silk to do...

Sorry for the hassle.

Dave Koch
  2. Big Cartoon Forum

Are You Just Hanging Out?

Just lurking? Join the club, we'd love to have you in the Big Cartoon Forum! Sign up is easy- just enter your name and password.... or join using your Facebook account!

Membership has it's privileges... you can post and get your questions answered directly. But you can also join our community, and help other people with their questions, You can add to the discussion. And it's free! So join today!

Dave Koch
  3. Big Cartoon Forum

Other Side Of Maleficent

I have been looking forward to Maleficent with equal amounts of anticipation and dread. On one hand, she is easily my favorite Disney villain, so cold and so pure, and I want desperately to see more of her and her back-story. On the other hand, she is easily my favorite Disney villain, and I would hate to see her parodied, taken lightly or ultimately destroyed in a film that does not understand this great character. The good news is that this film almost gets it right; but that is also the bad news.

4. Big Cartoon Forum

BCDB Hits 150K Entries

It took a while, but we are finally here! The Big Cartoon DataBase hit the milestone of 150,000 entries earlier today with the addition of the cartoon The Polish Language. This film was added to BCDB on May 9th, 2014 at 4:23 PM.

5. Big Cartoon Forum

Warner Brings Back Animated Stone-Age Family

Funnyman Will Ferrell and partner Adam McKay are working on bringing back everyone’s favorite stone-age family. The duo’s production company Gary Sanchez Productions is in development on a new Flintstones animated feature.

6. Big Cartoon Forum

Disney To Feast In France

The follow up to Disney’s 2013 Academy Award Winning short Paperman has been announced, and it will premiere at France’s Annecy International Animated Film Festival. Titled The Feast, the short looks to be based on the same stylized CG techniques used on last years Paperman, a more natural and hand-drawn look to computer animation.

7. Big Cartoon Forum

Renegades of Animation: Pat Sullivan

Pat Sullivan became famous worldwide for his creation of Felix the Cat. What most animation histories gloss over is Sullivan’s checkered past and longtime standing as a wildcat renegade. He didn’t follow the rules. And he made damn sure to fully protect his intellectual properties.

The Cartoon Quote Game...

Discussion in 'Free-For-All' started by MrCleveland, Apr 29, 2016.

1. oneuglybunny

oneuglybunny Moderator Staff Member Forum Member

Yes, this is alleged game glitch Vanellope von Schweetz from the Sugar Rush console game. After helping Vanellope build her competition car, Wreck-It Ralph heeds the lies of King Candy and smashes that car to bits while she watches in horror. With her chance at redeeming herself left in pieces, she says this line to Ralph before running off in tears. Good research, Em. <:)
  2. emeraldisle

emeraldisle Moderator Staff Member I SUPPORT BCDB!

Thanks, OUB. Now for another that's not so old:

"I am the Dragon Warrior. Get it? You see the giant dragon?"
  3. oneuglybunny

Offhand, this almost sounds like Po from Dreamworks Animation's Kung Fu Panda series. Almost. Except Po doesn't carry arrogance well, he's too naive to flaunt his status like that. no, I'm thinking this is closer to Mushu the mini-dragon, also an incompetent wonder. He'd be one to inflate himself for his audience. I can actually her this line in Eddie Murphy's voice; somehow, I can't hear it in Jack Black's. So, Mushu from Mulan, final answer.
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. Glowworm

Glowworm Moderator Staff Member I SUPPORT BCDB!

This actually is Po from Kung Fu Panda--it's the third one and the grand finale in which Po sends the evil Kai back to the spirit realm, before Kai can transform Po fully into jade, his father and the rest of his friends and family intervene with their chi to save him. Po emerges as the dragon warrior--when Kai asks him who he is, he delivers an eloquent speech stating how he's finally discovered who he is. Of course, being voiced by Jack Black, it then ends with this remark--which isn't so much said with arrogance, as it is with child-like excitement and amusement.
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. emeraldisle

Glowworm, you got it right again. Good job. :). You may now step up, and take another turn.
  6. Glowworm

Had a feeling it was Po from the beginning, but needed to double check my work. :happy:
    "You might as well move on, Doc. I don't move from here all through the picture."
  7. Bill Lewis

Bill Lewis Animator Forum Member New Member

From the"Shooting of Dan McGoo",starring Droopy. The line comes from a bartender standing in front of a painting of an (apparently) nude woman,blocking the view of the audience,as well as the censors.
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. Glowworm

Correct, Bill. I love this gag because contrary to his statement--he does move later on when the wolf starts shooting--and the best part is that that nude painting actually has nothing in between that space but a note stating "I ain't got no body." Ha!
    • Funny Funny x 1
  9. Bill Lewis

"Imagine going through life with only one head!""Not me, boy!"
  10. Bill Lewis

This episode features a futuristic father and his boy.
  11. emeraldisle

Must be George and Elroy, though I can't place the episode.
    • Winner Winner x 1
  12. Bill Lewis

Yes, it's George and Elroy,as Space Scouts.While hiking on the moon, they meet a troop of two-headed Martian scouts, who comment on the Earthlings' "odd"appearance.Back to you, emeraldisle.
  13. emeraldisle

Thanks, Bill. Now for a truly untapped one:

"Days seem like weeks to me. Days are weeks."
  14. emeraldisle

Hint: Legendary painter immortalized in a classic Don McLean song.
  15. oneuglybunny

American Pie? Nobody mentioned in that one except James Dean, Vladimir Ilyich Lenin and Karl Marx. Oh, Vincent, from his next album. So this is Vincent van Gogh, the guy who invented depression cutting. Though, when did he appear in animation? Perhaps a Mister Peabody and Sherman segment by Jay Ward Productions?
  16. emeraldisle

You got the character right, OUB, but you put him in the wrong cartoon. This quote is actually from the new animated movie, "Loving Vincent." So I'll give you credit. Good job. :). Your turn now.
  17. oneuglybunny

Oh, surprise and a half, I had no idea this film existed. Thanks for showing some mercy, EmeraldIsle, just like this character did:

"I just don't have the heart. 'Bye."
  18. Glowworm

This is the Roadrunner talking through a sign in "Zoom and Bored." The poor coyote has finally made it back up a cliff after a narrow brush with death. This is normally the Roadrunner's cue to "Beep Beep!" him off the edge, but the bird has a conscience. (Which I finally realize is a take on "Room and Board" I had to look up which short it was though because Looney Tunes lover that I am, I'm not perfect at matching every Roadrunner and Coyote short with every iconic scene.
    • Winner Winner x 1
  19. oneuglybunny

That's okay, Glowworm. This is an informal forum game, so I certainly won't hold you to precision episode naming. It's the Road Runner, all righty, cutting his nemesis some slack. Possibly an effort by Chuck Jones to make his character less of an Invincible Hero Mary Sue.
  20. Glowworm

I do know that "Zoom and Bored" is the short with the bright yellow sky--something none of the other shorts had.
    Pepe Le Pew shorts and Roadrunner and Coyote shorts are a bit harder to match by title for me due to the plots being relatively the same--with a few standouts here and there which make it easier for me to match.
    "Evidently this guy is a foreigner."