1. Big Cartoon Forum

You WIll Need To Reset Your Password!!!

We just moved hosts on this system, and this has caused a few updates. One is the way we encode and store the encoded passwords.

Your old passwords will NOT work. You will need to reset your password. This is normal. Just click on reset password from the log in screen. Should be smooth as silk to do...

Sorry for the hassle.

Dave Koch
  2. Big Cartoon Forum

Are You Just Hanging Out?

Just lurking? Join the club, we'd love to have you in the Big Cartoon Forum! Sign up is easy- just enter your name and password.... or join using your Facebook account!

Membership has it's privileges... you can post and get your questions answered directly. But you can also join our community, and help other people with their questions, You can add to the discussion. And it's free! So join today!

Dave Koch
  3. Big Cartoon Forum

Other Side Of Maleficent

I have been looking forward to Maleficent with equal amounts of anticipation and dread. On one hand, she is easily my favorite Disney villain, so cold and so pure, and I want desperately to see more of her and her back-story. On the other hand, she is easily my favorite Disney villain, and I would hate to see her parodied, taken lightly or ultimately destroyed in a film that does not understand this great character. The good news is that this film almost gets it right; but that is also the bad news.

4. Big Cartoon Forum

BCDB Hits 150K Entries

It took a while, but we are finally here! The Big Cartoon DataBase hit the milestone of 150,000 entries earlier today with the addition of the cartoon The Polish Language. This film was added to BCDB on May 9th, 2014 at 4:23 PM.

5. Big Cartoon Forum

Warner Brings Back Animated Stone-Age Family

Funnyman Will Ferrell and partner Adam McKay are working on bringing back everyone’s favorite stone-age family. The duo’s production company Gary Sanchez Productions is in development on a new Flintstones animated feature.

6. Big Cartoon Forum

Disney To Feast In France

The follow up to Disney’s 2013 Academy Award Winning short Paperman has been announced, and it will premiere at France’s Annecy International Animated Film Festival. Titled The Feast, the short looks to be based on the same stylized CG techniques used on last years Paperman, a more natural and hand-drawn look to computer animation.

7. Big Cartoon Forum

Renegades of Animation: Pat Sullivan

Pat Sullivan became famous worldwide for his creation of Felix the Cat. What most animation histories gloss over is Sullivan’s checkered past and longtime standing as a wildcat renegade. He didn’t follow the rules. And he made damn sure to fully protect his intellectual properties.

The Cartoon Quote Game...

Discussion in 'Free-For-All' started by MrCleveland, Apr 29, 2016.

1. oneuglybunny

oneuglybunny Moderator Staff Member Forum Member

Oh, then this must surely be Huckleberry Hound, given his own cartoon series by Hanna-Barbera Studios. This sounds like a quote from Grim Pilgrim produced in 1959. As usual, Huck finds accomplishing a simple task anything but simple.
  2. Bill Lewis

Bill Lewis Animator Forum Member New Member

Right on all counts,OUB. As I did research for this quote,I found that this cartoon apparently was wriitten by my all time favorite story man Michael Maltese,seems Huck's regular scripter Warren Foster hadn't joined the studio yet.I'm sure H-B was certainly thankful for those guys.Next quote's all yours.
  3. oneuglybunny

I'm not really savvy about Thanksgiving cartoons, so I'll go with an old stand-by.

"So, what exactly is Phase 2?"
    "Phase 2 begins right ... now."
    [victim dies, tiger roars]
    "There is only room for one richest, most powerful man in the world ..."

Pardon me for not completing the quote, but it'd be a huge giveaway if I did.
  4. Bill Lewis

Abduhl Cassim,who had just killed the Maharaja of Jahilipur , on behalf of his boss,Dr Zin, from the Jonny Quest episode ''The Riddle of the Gold''.
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. oneuglybunny

More than correct, this is absolutely correct, right down to the details, Bill. Doctor Zin's emissary, Abduhl Cassim, has already arranged to have the world's gold supply tainted with "Zanium." The tapped out mine is owned by the Maharajah, who has no scruples about this shady operation. Jonny Quest > "Riddle Of The Gold," and everything else are spot-on. :D
    Last edited: Nov 22, 2017
  6. Bill Lewis

Amazing to consider how many bad guys died by the end of each Quest episode. No wonder Zin had other people (and robots) do his dirty work for him. Now, here's a good guy who seems slightly out of character---"I am a hero who never fails, I can't be bothered with such details".
  7. emeraldisle

emeraldisle Moderator Staff Member I SUPPORT BCDB!

Easy as pumpkin pie, Bill. It's Underdog himself.
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. Bill Lewis

You got it,in what I suspect was a pilot film for the series, a ''done in one'' episode. Underdog came off as somewhat of an arrogant jerk here, nothing humble or lovable about him, glad his personality changed as time went by.You may have the next quote,oh,and pass the cranberry sauce.
  9. emeraldisle

Thanks, Bill. Now for a quote from an iconic character who has his own balloon:

"All right. Let's go kiss Hans. Who is this Hans?"
  10. emeraldisle

Hint: A snowman who now rivals Frosty in popularity.
  11. Bill Lewis

Now I got it, Olaf from Frozen.
    • Winner Winner x 1
  12. emeraldisle

Yes, Bill. That's just who it is. Good job. :). Take it away!
  13. Bill Lewis

Cool,thanks a lot! Speaking of balloons, this character appeared in the Macy's parade for many years.Besides his own show,he originally starred in a series of TV commercials.My quote comes the product's jingle---''The one and only cereal that comes in the shape of animals!''Any one remember the star?
  14. emeraldisle

I know this for sure, but let's see if someone else gets it first.
  15. emeraldisle

Well, since no one else responded, I'll answer. It's Linus The Lionhearted.
    • Winner Winner x 1
  16. Bill Lewis

That's right,and by the way, the cereal was Crispy Critters.Back to you, emeraldisle!
    • Useful Useful x 1
  17. emeraldisle

Thanks, Bill. Now let's see about this one:

"Gooseberry pie? Hooray! She stays!"
  18. oneuglybunny

Oh, I think (without re-watching) this was said by one of the mining dwarves from Disney's Snow White And The Seven Dwarfs. Understandably, these guys were upset at discovering someone had invaded their home, and a few still harbored suspicions about Snow White despite evidence that she's tidied up their messy residence. However, baking a gooseberry pie was the clincher for the last hold-out, who reversed his vote on expulsion. Most likely, this wold be that perpetual cynic, Grumpy.
  19. emeraldisle

Actually, it was said by all of them, save for Dopey. But you still got it right. Good job. :)
  20. oneuglybunny

One of these days, I'll actually get one right on the nose. Probably the same day as Richard Nixon gets elected to a fourth term. In the meantime, I found a holiday appropriate quote:

"How does one address it?"
    "Uh, with cranberry sauce."

[everybody giggles]