1. Big Cartoon Forum

You WIll Need To Reset Your Password!!!

We just moved hosts on this system, and this has caused a few updates. One is the way we encode and store the encoded passwords.

Your old passwords will NOT work. You will need to reset your password. This is normal. Just click on reset password from the log in screen. Should be smooth as silk to do...

Sorry for the hassle.

Dave Koch
  2. Big Cartoon Forum

Are You Just Hanging Out?

Just lurking? Join the club, we'd love to have you in the Big Cartoon Forum! Sign up is easy- just enter your name and password.... or join using your Facebook account!

Membership has it's privileges... you can post and get your questions answered directly. But you can also join our community, and help other people with their questions, You can add to the discussion. And it's free! So join today!

Dave Koch
  3. Big Cartoon Forum

Other Side Of Maleficent

I have been looking forward to Maleficent with equal amounts of anticipation and dread. On one hand, she is easily my favorite Disney villain, so cold and so pure, and I want desperately to see more of her and her back-story. On the other hand, she is easily my favorite Disney villain, and I would hate to see her parodied, taken lightly or ultimately destroyed in a film that does not understand this great character. The good news is that this film almost gets it right; but that is also the bad news.

4. Big Cartoon Forum

BCDB Hits 150K Entries

It took a while, but we are finally here! The Big Cartoon DataBase hit the milestone of 150,000 entries earlier today with the addition of the cartoon The Polish Language. This film was added to BCDB on May 9th, 2014 at 4:23 PM.

5. Big Cartoon Forum

Warner Brings Back Animated Stone-Age Family

Funnyman Will Ferrell and partner Adam McKay are working on bringing back everyone’s favorite stone-age family. The duo’s production company Gary Sanchez Productions is in development on a new Flintstones animated feature.

6. Big Cartoon Forum

Disney To Feast In France

The follow up to Disney’s 2013 Academy Award Winning short Paperman has been announced, and it will premiere at France’s Annecy International Animated Film Festival. Titled The Feast, the short looks to be based on the same stylized CG techniques used on last years Paperman, a more natural and hand-drawn look to computer animation.

7. Big Cartoon Forum

Renegades of Animation: Pat Sullivan

Pat Sullivan became famous worldwide for his creation of Felix the Cat. What most animation histories gloss over is Sullivan’s checkered past and longtime standing as a wildcat renegade. He didn’t follow the rules. And he made damn sure to fully protect his intellectual properties.

The Cartoon Quote Game...

Discussion in 'Free-For-All' started by MrCleveland, Apr 29, 2016.

1. emeraldisle

emeraldisle Moderator Staff Member I SUPPORT BCDB!

Guess I stumped everyone. The answer is Robby Leach, a parody of you know who, from the "Alvin And The Chipmunks" episode "Dave's Dream Cabin."
  2. emeraldisle

Time for a much easier pair of quotes:

"I thought the Red Baron was a beagle."

"That's Snoopy."
  3. oneuglybunny

oneuglybunny Moderator Staff Member Forum Member

Well, the Snoopy reference points to Charles Schulz's Peanuts comics and cartoons, in which Charlie Brown's beagle, Snoopy, has delusions of fighting in a Sopwith Camel against the Red Baron, always losing. But from the context, this can't be from the Peanuts universe, so I'll speculate on a parallel series. I remember that Rankin Bass Productions created a series that focused upon a foppish canine aristocrat who takes to the skies to defend his homeland. He has this pathetic servant that was supposed to paint his plane silver, the better to disguise it in the skies. However, the servant can't scrounge enough silver paint, so he paints the plane red, which will make it the visible thing in the skies. The aristocrat shrugs (apparently, going with Plan B is a typical occurrence) and he takes to the skies as The Red Baron. The Red Baron might have been the name of the series as well. The quotes likely came from two Allied pilots commenting on this newest adversary.
  4. emeraldisle

Well, no, OUB. So here's a hint: The boy owns the title dog, and the girl keeps losing her glasses.
  5. saltyboot

saltyboot A Moderating Moderator Staff Member Forum Member

I found it. It's Shaggy and Velma.
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. emeraldisle

Yes, Salty, it's them. And those quotes are from the "New Scooby Doo Movies" episode "The Ghost Of The Red Baron," their second adventure with the Three Stooges. Good job. :). You're up.
    • Useful Useful x 1
  7. saltyboot

Thanks,

"Donuts... is there anything they can't do?"
  8. oneuglybunny

Helmets on, I'm lobbing bricks again. Homer Simpson may love his donuts, but he'll just drool and mumble "donut" mindlessly. This level of eloquence comes from Police Chief Wiggum, a cop who appreciates donuts better than any man on the force. From Springfield's The Simpsons by Gracie Films.
  9. saltyboot

Ooo. You're brick almost hit the target.
    So, so very close.

I'll give you another chance to refine your aim.
  10. Bill Lewis

Bill Lewis Animator Forum Member New Member

Actually,this was Homer Simpson,who used the giant metal doughnut from,I think, Lard Lad's donut shop sign to help slow down an out of control monorail(only in Springfield,right?).Great episode,from Leonard Nimoy's cameo to the'' escalator to nowhere'' at the end.
    • Winner Winner x 1
  11. saltyboot

Yes Bill, your are correct! The episode name is Marge Vs. The Monorail.
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Bill Lewis

Here's an oldie----''Sour Grapes!!"
  13. Bill Lewis

This duo may not have been the most famous of characters,but they also had a fairly long career as a DC comic book.
  14. emeraldisle

Could it be Robin and Kid Flash from "Teen Titans?"
  15. Bill Lewis

No, not super-heroes,more like furry and feathered friendly enemies.
  16. emeraldisle

Then it must be Tweety And Sylvester.
  17. Bill Lewis

Not quite.Keep in mind, these guys were minor league compared to the bigger studios of the 30s and 40s.
  18. oneuglybunny

Oh, yes! The Fox And Crow series, produced by Columbia Pictures right around the end of World War II. Sometimes partners, sometimes rivals, often at cross-purposes, Fox and Crow had a peculiarly polar dynamic. I think the cartoon in particular was Phoney Baloney, but I'm likely wrong about that; it's been awhile since I viewed these two characters.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. Bill Lewis

You've done it again,OUB! This was from their first appearance," The Fox and the Grapes".Not seen on television very often,it's no surprise that few people remember them.
    • Like Like x 1
  20. oneuglybunny

Nice, a little tapped series that actually played well in theaters. :) So, on the topic of getting along, I recall these lines:

"... to live together peacefully.
    "With this Truce we won't tinker;
    "The one that does is a stinker."