1. Big Cartoon Forum

You WIll Need To Reset Your Password!!!

We just moved hosts on this system, and this has caused a few updates. One is the way we encode and store the encoded passwords.

Your old passwords will NOT work. You will need to reset your password. This is normal. Just click on reset password from the log in screen. Should be smooth as silk to do...

Sorry for the hassle.

Dave Koch
  2. Big Cartoon Forum

Are You Just Hanging Out?

Just lurking? Join the club, we'd love to have you in the Big Cartoon Forum! Sign up is easy- just enter your name and password.... or join using your Facebook account!

Membership has it's privileges... you can post and get your questions answered directly. But you can also join our community, and help other people with their questions, You can add to the discussion. And it's free! So join today!

Dave Koch
  3. Big Cartoon Forum

Other Side Of Maleficent

I have been looking forward to Maleficent with equal amounts of anticipation and dread. On one hand, she is easily my favorite Disney villain, so cold and so pure, and I want desperately to see more of her and her back-story. On the other hand, she is easily my favorite Disney villain, and I would hate to see her parodied, taken lightly or ultimately destroyed in a film that does not understand this great character. The good news is that this film almost gets it right; but that is also the bad news.

4. Big Cartoon Forum

BCDB Hits 150K Entries

It took a while, but we are finally here! The Big Cartoon DataBase hit the milestone of 150,000 entries earlier today with the addition of the cartoon The Polish Language. This film was added to BCDB on May 9th, 2014 at 4:23 PM.

5. Big Cartoon Forum

Warner Brings Back Animated Stone-Age Family

Funnyman Will Ferrell and partner Adam McKay are working on bringing back everyone’s favorite stone-age family. The duo’s production company Gary Sanchez Productions is in development on a new Flintstones animated feature.

6. Big Cartoon Forum

Disney To Feast In France

The follow up to Disney’s 2013 Academy Award Winning short Paperman has been announced, and it will premiere at France’s Annecy International Animated Film Festival. Titled The Feast, the short looks to be based on the same stylized CG techniques used on last years Paperman, a more natural and hand-drawn look to computer animation.

7. Big Cartoon Forum

Renegades of Animation: Pat Sullivan

Pat Sullivan became famous worldwide for his creation of Felix the Cat. What most animation histories gloss over is Sullivan’s checkered past and longtime standing as a wildcat renegade. He didn’t follow the rules. And he made damn sure to fully protect his intellectual properties.

The Cartoon Quote Game...

Discussion in 'Free-For-All' started by MrCleveland, Apr 29, 2016.

1. emeraldisle

emeraldisle Moderator Staff Member I SUPPORT BCDB!

This gag was also used in the Flintstones episode "Adobe Dick," when Fred and Barney tried using smoke signals to summon help.
    • Useful Useful x 1
  2. Bill Lewis

Bill Lewis Animator Forum Member New Member

''Stop!One more step and I'll blow ya up! This contains manganese,phosphorus,nitrate,lactic acid,and dextrose!'' ''That is the formula for a chocolate malted!'' ''Hmm,not bad,I'm a better scientist than I thought!''
  3. emeraldisle

That's Bugs Bunny, from "Hot Cross Bunny."
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. Bill Lewis

Bill Lewis Animator Forum Member New Member

That's it,one of my favorite bits from the cartoon,the other being Bugs' scat routine just before the doc knocked him out.Back to you,emeraldisle!
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. emeraldisle

Thanks, Bill. Now for this one:

"It does look nice. Too nice."
  6. emeraldisle

Hint: This iconic TV witch was animated only once, for an episode of a series about a modern Stone Age family.
  7. emeraldisle

Second hint: Her husband keeps trying to get her to refrain from using her magic.
  8. oneuglybunny

oneuglybunny Moderator Staff Member Forum Member

Well, this must be Samantha Stevens from Screen Gems Television's series Bewitched. I'll speculate that this instance comes from one of The New Scooby Doo Movies, which made a point of having animated guest stars. Handy for Hanna-Barbera Studios, since they also animated the live show's opening intro.
  9. emeraldisle

You got the character right, but the show wrong. The quote is from her appearance on "The Flintstones." Remember, I mentioned Modern Stone Age Family" in the clues. Still, good job. :).
  10. oneuglybunny

Oh well. :/ Here's a borrowed quote, first spoken in a live-action film, later quoted by a completely animated character. The same principle applies.

"We are going to need a bigger boat!"
  11. oneuglybunny

Better give a hint: though they'd already brought a merchant ship, the amount of loot available to haul away far exceeds their craft's capacity.
  12. emeraldisle

I can't find the cartoon anywhere.
  13. oneuglybunny

Oh dear, I've dudded again. I'll likely have that phrase chiseled onto my gravestone. Anyway, the line comes from Mister Onus, the six-eyed pirate that took one look at the enormous hoard of gold and jewels stored inside Treasure Planet, and chirped that line. Yo, Dinky: you're the first people to visit this place in 700 years. Nobody is going to come along and abscond this trove on you, especially without that magic orb key. Stuff your pockets and come back for more when you're good 'n' ready.
  14. emeraldisle

Well, it's been days since the last quote was posted, so I guess I'll post one:

"Seven little superheroes will vanish one by one, seven little superheroes, soon, there'll be none."
  15. emeraldisle

Hint: A villain named after a color-changing lizard.
  16. emeraldisle

Second hint: The seven little superheroes mentioned in the quote are a webslinger and his amazing friends.
  17. oneuglybunny

Oh dear, I let this one go too long. This is a quote from The Chameleon, a villain from Spider Man And His Amazing Friends. He lured seven superheroes to his island resort, which was actually an elaborate deathtrap, meant to subtract them one by one. The last surviving Good Guy was Spider Man, tangled in a synthetic web, and facing doom from a huge robot spider. "One little superhero / Eaten to the bone / Leaving me, the super supervillain / All by myself, alone." The late Hans Conried sounded like he was enjoying this go as a Card-Carrying Villain.
  18. emeraldisle

Right again, OUB. Good job. :). Stan Lee himself would be proud enough of you to say, "Excelsior!" You may go again.
  19. oneuglybunny

That series was one of the better ones, as it hewed closely to the canon origins of the heroes, plus it kept them young and amateurish, facing nasty villains that didn't go down easily. Maybe the Spider Friends were hoping there'd be a handy leaflet nearby that would detail the villain's powers, strengths and weaknesses.

Okay, now for a quote:

"Not here. Ooh, but a very nice dinette set."
  20. oneuglybunny

Oh dear, hinting time. Yes, this was indeed a cartoon character that spoke this line. The setting may have been real life, but the character and his cohort are 100% animated.