1. Big Cartoon Forum

You WIll Need To Reset Your Password!!!

We just moved hosts on this system, and this has caused a few updates. One is the way we encode and store the encoded passwords.

Your old passwords will NOT work. You will need to reset your password. This is normal. Just click on reset password from the log in screen. Should be smooth as silk to do...

Sorry for the hassle.

Dave Koch
  2. Big Cartoon Forum

Are You Just Hanging Out?

Just lurking? Join the club, we'd love to have you in the Big Cartoon Forum! Sign up is easy- just enter your name and password.... or join using your Facebook account!

Membership has it's privileges... you can post and get your questions answered directly. But you can also join our community, and help other people with their questions, You can add to the discussion. And it's free! So join today!

Dave Koch
  3. Big Cartoon Forum

Other Side Of Maleficent

I have been looking forward to Maleficent with equal amounts of anticipation and dread. On one hand, she is easily my favorite Disney villain, so cold and so pure, and I want desperately to see more of her and her back-story. On the other hand, she is easily my favorite Disney villain, and I would hate to see her parodied, taken lightly or ultimately destroyed in a film that does not understand this great character. The good news is that this film almost gets it right; but that is also the bad news.

4. Big Cartoon Forum

BCDB Hits 150K Entries

It took a while, but we are finally here! The Big Cartoon DataBase hit the milestone of 150,000 entries earlier today with the addition of the cartoon The Polish Language. This film was added to BCDB on May 9th, 2014 at 4:23 PM.

5. Big Cartoon Forum

Warner Brings Back Animated Stone-Age Family

Funnyman Will Ferrell and partner Adam McKay are working on bringing back everyone’s favorite stone-age family. The duo’s production company Gary Sanchez Productions is in development on a new Flintstones animated feature.

6. Big Cartoon Forum

Disney To Feast In France

The follow up to Disney’s 2013 Academy Award Winning short Paperman has been announced, and it will premiere at France’s Annecy International Animated Film Festival. Titled The Feast, the short looks to be based on the same stylized CG techniques used on last years Paperman, a more natural and hand-drawn look to computer animation.

7. Big Cartoon Forum

Renegades of Animation: Pat Sullivan

Pat Sullivan became famous worldwide for his creation of Felix the Cat. What most animation histories gloss over is Sullivan’s checkered past and longtime standing as a wildcat renegade. He didn’t follow the rules. And he made damn sure to fully protect his intellectual properties.

The Cartoon Quote Game...

Discussion in 'Free-For-All' started by MrCleveland, Apr 29, 2016.

1. emeraldisle

emeraldisle Moderator Staff Member I SUPPORT BCDB!

Well, it's been long enough. Guess I'll post the next quote after all:

"How can you play a harmonica at Carnegie Hall if you don't have a harmonica?"
  2. emeraldisle

Hint: By amazing coincidence, he and his brothers had the number one song sixty Christmases ago.
  3. oneuglybunny

oneuglybunny Moderator Staff Member Forum Member

I dislike using Google / Yahoo / Bing on these things, as that feels like cheating. So I'm going the brick-lobbing route. A Christmas song I remember that has a cartoon connection is Alvin And The Chipmunks chirpy "Please Christmas Don't Be Late." The quote sounds like the kind of query that Alvin likes to spring on Dave.
  4. emeraldisle

Good job, OUB. :). That quote's from A Chipmunk Christmas, and he's actually saying it to Clyde Crashcup in a dream sequence. You may step up now.
  5. oneuglybunny

Nice. :) And while it's not very Christmas-y, it has some wild undertones, so I feel compelled to quote it.

"I don't bite."
    "Does she?"
  6. oneuglybunny

Hinting time: a female member of a detective team speaks the first line, while a character from another animated series (it's a crossover episode) who's a hopeless womanizer makes the inquiry about another female member of the team.
  7. Glowworm

Glowworm Moderator Staff Member I SUPPORT BCDB!

Got it! This is Velma hitting on Johnny Bravo--who in turn is hitting on Daphne--in "Bravo Dooby Doo." Oh, and yes--this episode definitely makes it very clear why Fred always split up with Daphne and Scooby and Shaggy--and sometimes Velma were left to go the other way. :shame:
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. oneuglybunny

Completely correct, GW. The lines come from the Johnny Bravo / Scooby Doo crossover "Bravo Dooby Doo." Fred's eyeroll at Daphne speaks volumes, does it not? It might also explain why Shaggy and Scooby are allowed to home in on the kitchen and pantry: a real ghost can't eat solid food, so Shaggy raiding the larder is no biggie. But a fake ghost likely would be bothered by two gluttons gobbling down the goodies.
  9. Glowworm

Ah yes, here we go.
    "I know, I should go, but home just feels so slow. These roads are paved with dreams."
    "Happy dreams, not creepy clown dreams."
  10. emeraldisle

Found it. It's Vanellope and Shank, from "Ralph Breaks The Internet," singing the song, "This Place Called Slaughter Race."
    • Winner Winner x 1
  11. Glowworm

Correct, except, it's Vanellope singing the song--and then a random clown chimes in on the "Happy dreams, not creepy clown dreams."
    When my boyfriend heard that part in the movie theater, he lost it.
  12. emeraldisle

Thanks, Glowworm. Now for another relatively recent quote:

"One thing I know for sure: don't do it like me. Do it like you."
  13. emeraldisle

Hint: In this new movie, he's not the only one who makes like an arachnid.
  14. emeraldisle

Since I'm leaving town for Christmas today, I'll provide the answer. It's Peter Parker, from "Spiderman: Into The Spiderverse." So I leave the next quote for anyone who's willing to post.
    • Useful Useful x 1
  15. Bill Lewis

Bill Lewis Animator Forum Member New Member

Okay,I'll take a stab at it,and by the way,here's hoping everyone had (or is still having) a great holiday----''You're an icky,___! There's only one person who makes my heart jitterbug,and that's SUPERMAN!''
    • Like Like x 1
  16. Glowworm

If I'm not mistaken, that's Olive Oyl pinning for Superman in the Popeye short "She-Sick Sailors"
    This is also a pretty sick short where Bluto actually shoots (!) Popeye. Thank goodness, he hit the spinach can instead of any vital organs.
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  17. Bill Lewis

Yep,that's the one,Glowworm!This happens to be one of the 14 Popeye cartoons restored and just released on BluRay/DVD.Any time you're ready,you have the next quote.
  18. Glowworm

"Boss! Oh, boss! Boss! Oh, boss! Boss! Uh uh, boss, boss! I ain't the suspicious kind but there's a wolf in sheep's clothing among us and it don't look like he's going to no masquerade party! Mmm, mmm!"
  19. Bill Lewis

An alert black sheep (channeling ''Rochester''from the Jack Benny program),warning the sheepdog of the presence of The Sheepish Wolf, a one-shot Merrie Melody.
    • Winner Winner x 1
  20. Glowworm

Correct. This is the literally black sheep from the 1942 Merrie Melodies short "The Sheepish Wolf." Politically incorrect? Definitely. Hilarious though? Absolutely.
    The best part is when the sheep suddenly realizes that he's talking to the wrong side of the sheepdog! :happy:
    This short was one of my earliest cartoon memories as a child--although for some reason, I used to think it was a Tex Avery short--there's definitely some Avery-like gags in this one.
    • Like Like x 1