1. Big Cartoon Forum

You WIll Need To Reset Your Password!!!

We just moved hosts on this system, and this has caused a few updates. One is the way we encode and store the encoded passwords.

Your old passwords will NOT work. You will need to reset your password. This is normal. Just click on reset password from the log in screen. Should be smooth as silk to do...

Sorry for the hassle.

Dave Koch
  2. Big Cartoon Forum

Are You Just Hanging Out?

Just lurking? Join the club, we'd love to have you in the Big Cartoon Forum! Sign up is easy- just enter your name and password.... or join using your Facebook account!

Membership has it's privileges... you can post and get your questions answered directly. But you can also join our community, and help other people with their questions, You can add to the discussion. And it's free! So join today!

Dave Koch
  3. Big Cartoon Forum

Other Side Of Maleficent

I have been looking forward to Maleficent with equal amounts of anticipation and dread. On one hand, she is easily my favorite Disney villain, so cold and so pure, and I want desperately to see more of her and her back-story. On the other hand, she is easily my favorite Disney villain, and I would hate to see her parodied, taken lightly or ultimately destroyed in a film that does not understand this great character. The good news is that this film almost gets it right; but that is also the bad news.

4. Big Cartoon Forum

BCDB Hits 150K Entries

It took a while, but we are finally here! The Big Cartoon DataBase hit the milestone of 150,000 entries earlier today with the addition of the cartoon The Polish Language. This film was added to BCDB on May 9th, 2014 at 4:23 PM.

5. Big Cartoon Forum

Warner Brings Back Animated Stone-Age Family

Funnyman Will Ferrell and partner Adam McKay are working on bringing back everyone’s favorite stone-age family. The duo’s production company Gary Sanchez Productions is in development on a new Flintstones animated feature.

6. Big Cartoon Forum

Disney To Feast In France

The follow up to Disney’s 2013 Academy Award Winning short Paperman has been announced, and it will premiere at France’s Annecy International Animated Film Festival. Titled The Feast, the short looks to be based on the same stylized CG techniques used on last years Paperman, a more natural and hand-drawn look to computer animation.

7. Big Cartoon Forum

Renegades of Animation: Pat Sullivan

Pat Sullivan became famous worldwide for his creation of Felix the Cat. What most animation histories gloss over is Sullivan’s checkered past and longtime standing as a wildcat renegade. He didn’t follow the rules. And he made damn sure to fully protect his intellectual properties.

The Cartoon Quote Game...

Discussion in 'Free-For-All' started by MrCleveland, Apr 29, 2016.

1. Bill Lewis

Bill Lewis Animator Forum Member New Member

Avery was a major influence to many animators,could Freleng and company have been inspired in this case? Hmm,could be!This next quote comes from a villain who also occasionally used a disguise---''It is I, the Bilious Beetle! Confidentially, I sting!''
  2. Bill Lewis

Of course,he may be better known by this phrase----''Nyah ha ha!''
  3. emeraldisle

emeraldisle Moderator Staff Member I SUPPORT BCDB!

Way too easy. It's Dishonest John, from "Beany And Cecil." Unfortunately, I can't name the episode.
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. Bill Lewis

Absolutely,it is indeed 'ol DJ. He used this disguise in a couple cartoons,one of which was Super-Cecil, where the sea serpent indulged in a little cosplay of his own. Back to you,emeraldisle!
  5. emeraldisle

Thanks, Bill. And now, just in time for tonight:

"Happy New Year!"

"And may it be shiny, too!"
  6. oneuglybunny

oneuglybunny Moderator Staff Member Forum Member

Oh! From the stop-motion Rankin/Bass Production Rudolph's Shiny New Year. Of course, lead reindeer Rudolph speaks one line, but I can't pinpoint (without cheating) who said the other one. Father Time, perhaps?
    • Like Like x 1
  7. emeraldisle

Yes, Father Time speaks the first line along with Santa and O.M. the caveman. Rudolph does speak the second line. Good job, and happy New Year! :)
    • Like Like x 1
  8. oneuglybunny

Cool. :) Now, this line gets spoken by a few characters, all in the same cartoon, so just naming the series counts:

"I'll do it, but on one condition: I get top billing."
    "Aw, gee, [insert character name here]."
  9. Glowworm

Glowworm Moderator Staff Member I SUPPORT BCDB!

If I'm not mistaken this is from the Dudley Do Right episode " Lure of the Footlights." Snidely Whiplash, Nell and Inspector Fenwick all say this at one point if I'm not mistaken after somehow ending up on a vaudeville stage.
    Of course, Snidely's going to make Dudley the straight guy while beating the crap out of him.
    Also, after double checking, while several characters do insist on getting top billing, it's Nell who actually says that specific line, while Whiplash protests "Aw,gee, Nell!"
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. oneuglybunny

Absolutely correct, Glowworm. This is Jay Ward's Dudley Do-Right of the Mounties discovering that the Mounties "always get their man" ... except when the theater intervenes, in which case "the show must go on" takes precedence. And for the time when it was made, it has the distinction of showing the usual Damsel In Distress foobing the Villain.
  11. Glowworm

Yeah, Nell would have made a fine mountie if her father wasn't so sexist.
    "Shh! Here comes the naked genius now!"
  12. Glowworm

Clue: character in question is referring to a little bird who was formerly complained about looking "naked" due to his pink coloring. He's no longer pink in this outing.
    • Funny Funny x 1
  13. emeraldisle

Aha! It's the Jimmy Durante cat from "A Gruesome Twosome."
    • Winner Winner x 1
  14. Glowworm

Correct. By this short, Tweety had a bit of a redesign because there had been complaints that he looked a bit naked.
  15. emeraldisle

Thanks, Glowworm. Now for a very untapped set of quotes that I was indeed lucky to find:

"I'm their aunt."

"I'm their uncle."

"We're their ancle!"
  16. emeraldisle

Hint: These are from a movie that mostly takes place at a scare school.
  17. emeraldisle

Second hint: They're played by an unlikely pair of cartoon voice actors, one of whom died just last week.
  18. oneuglybunny

Well, this has to be Pixar's Monsters University, but which characters? I'll hazard its the parents whose house is the frat lodge from Oozma Kappa where Mike and Jimmy pledge. The parents names ... Squiddly? Squiggley? Squishy? Something like that. They're a mom-and-pop from the Edsel days.
  19. emeraldisle

Wrong, OUB. So one last hint:

The voice actors had their own variety show from 1976-1977.
  20. Glowworm

Had to do some research on this one. I knew it had to be some sort of two headed monster--voiced by Daryl Dragon--also known as "The Captain" who we recently lost. However, the scare school in question puzzled me. Knew it wasn't Monsters University--or Monsters High, or even Scooby Doo and the Ghoul School.
    Turns out this is Bella and Murray from the movie special "Casper's Scare School from 2006--later to become a tv series. Bella and Murray are the two-headed Ancle of the cruel two-headed head (heh!) master of the school. They of course are voiced by The Captain and Tennille. Oh, and yes--Murray is totally wearing a captain's hat. :)
    • Winner Winner x 1