1. Big Cartoon Forum

You WIll Need To Reset Your Password!!!

We just moved hosts on this system, and this has caused a few updates. One is the way we encode and store the encoded passwords.

Your old passwords will NOT work. You will need to reset your password. This is normal. Just click on reset password from the log in screen. Should be smooth as silk to do...

Sorry for the hassle.

Dave Koch
  2. Big Cartoon Forum

Are You Just Hanging Out?

Just lurking? Join the club, we'd love to have you in the Big Cartoon Forum! Sign up is easy- just enter your name and password.... or join using your Facebook account!

Membership has it's privileges... you can post and get your questions answered directly. But you can also join our community, and help other people with their questions, You can add to the discussion. And it's free! So join today!

Dave Koch
  3. Big Cartoon Forum

Other Side Of Maleficent

I have been looking forward to Maleficent with equal amounts of anticipation and dread. On one hand, she is easily my favorite Disney villain, so cold and so pure, and I want desperately to see more of her and her back-story. On the other hand, she is easily my favorite Disney villain, and I would hate to see her parodied, taken lightly or ultimately destroyed in a film that does not understand this great character. The good news is that this film almost gets it right; but that is also the bad news.

4. Big Cartoon Forum

BCDB Hits 150K Entries

It took a while, but we are finally here! The Big Cartoon DataBase hit the milestone of 150,000 entries earlier today with the addition of the cartoon The Polish Language. This film was added to BCDB on May 9th, 2014 at 4:23 PM.

5. Big Cartoon Forum

Warner Brings Back Animated Stone-Age Family

Funnyman Will Ferrell and partner Adam McKay are working on bringing back everyone’s favorite stone-age family. The duo’s production company Gary Sanchez Productions is in development on a new Flintstones animated feature.

6. Big Cartoon Forum

Disney To Feast In France

The follow up to Disney’s 2013 Academy Award Winning short Paperman has been announced, and it will premiere at France’s Annecy International Animated Film Festival. Titled The Feast, the short looks to be based on the same stylized CG techniques used on last years Paperman, a more natural and hand-drawn look to computer animation.

7. Big Cartoon Forum

Renegades of Animation: Pat Sullivan

Pat Sullivan became famous worldwide for his creation of Felix the Cat. What most animation histories gloss over is Sullivan’s checkered past and longtime standing as a wildcat renegade. He didn’t follow the rules. And he made damn sure to fully protect his intellectual properties.

The Mystery Cartoon Character Game, now with 20% more ongoing.

Discussion in 'Free-For-All' started by oneuglybunny, Mar 31, 2016.

1. emeraldisle

emeraldisle Moderator Staff Member I SUPPORT BCDB!

I've ruled out one possibility I just looked up, due to the fact that the first two clues don't match him.
  2. oneuglybunny

oneuglybunny Moderator Staff Member Forum Member

Well then, I'd better supply clues that are matchier. :)

4) This character's cartoon series most closely follows the lines of a situation comedy: the family tries to get through a day, has to avert a crisis of some kind, hilarious hi-jinks ensue, crisis averted / day is saved.

5) You think Mathematics is hard nowadays? Try doing it in this character's era, where Arabic numerals haven't been discovered yet!

6) No Christians were harmed in the animating of this character ... we hope.
  3. emeraldisle

Ah, now I've got it. It's Brutus the Lion, from "The Roman Holidays."
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. oneuglybunny

Yep, she's got it, by golly. This is Brutus the Lion from Hanna-Barbera's The Roman Holidays. Daws Butler, famous for voicing Snagglepuss, likewise voices this animated feline. Good lion-catching, Em. :)
  5. emeraldisle

Thanks, OUB. Now check out these clues:

1. Come this Saturday, I'll be 50 years old, just like the title hero.

2. In both of my solo appearances, I kidnap the girl.

3. Years later, I become the toned-down title character of my own show.
  6. emeraldisle

Three more clues:

4. My voice actor went on to voice a detective with ten kids, as well as a much more evil alien villain who fought a team of bird-costumed heroes.

5. I also later joined the title character on an animated talk show, along with a troublesome praying mantis.

6. I even teamed up with this villainous insect and four others in an unforgettable miniseries.
  7. oneuglybunny

Could this be Moltar, the villain that seems to enjoy blistering hot temperatures? The technician for Space Ghost Coast To Coast in that lonely control room with just the one lever?
  8. emeraldisle

Close, but not totally right, OUB. I had another alien adversary in mind.
  9. saltyboot

saltyboot A Moderating Moderator Staff Member Forum Member

Ok, I'm going to say it's Brak.
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. emeraldisle

Yes, Saltyboot, Brak it is. Now to explain the clues:

1. "Space Ghost" premiered on September 10, 1966, so it'll be 50 years to the day.

2. In both "The Lure" and "The Looters," he kidnaps Jan.

3. He starred in "The Brak Show."

4. He was voiced by Keye Luke, who later voiced Charlie Chan in "The Amazing Chan And The Chan Clan," and then Zoltar in "Battle Of The Planets."

5. He and Zorak (and yes, Moltar, too), were prominently featured in "Space Ghost: Coast To Coast."

6. There was the six-part story arc about the Council Of Doom, which pitted Brak, Zorak, Metallus, Moltar, Spider Woman, and Creature King against Space Ghost.

Good job, Salty. :). All yours now.
  11. saltyboot

Excellent.

I consider myself to be a competent doctor.
    I don't know why, but my patent isn't willing to let me help him.
    It's a shame, because he needs surgery.
  12. Glowworm

Glowworm Moderator Staff Member I SUPPORT BCDB!

Is this the crazy cat patient who calls himself "Young Dr. Chilled Air" from "Patient Porky"
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. saltyboot

Ooo, I forgot about him. But no, it's not Dr. Chilled-Air.

My doctor tools consist of a shotgun, and a chain saw.
    I have many nurses to help me restrain the patent.
    It turns out that all he needed was his back to be popped (while crashing).
  14. saltyboot

I appeared once in a movie.
    This movie has a lot of mice.
    This character comes from the same movie that saltyboot's latest quote came from.
  15. saltyboot

Hmmm. I thought someone would have gotten it by now.

Bonus hint: In the quote game, look at posts 846 and 847. That tells you the movie this character comes from.
  16. oneuglybunny

Y'know, I've only seen The Rescuers Down Under once, as a rental. I can almost envision that scene being described: zealous acolytes pouncing upon a poor patient, and bringing him before their mentor, which is the classic mad scientist in a lab coat and the "they called me mad" agenda. Problem is, I can't focus upon any character undergoing that in Rescuers. So, if I must hazard a guess, it'd be that loopy mouse "doctor" voiced by Bernard Fox, who's assisted by the even loopier nurse, voice by Russi Taylor. Does he have a name? No idea. Is he a real doctor? Not quite: he has a doctorate in cuckoo, and took liberties with title.
    • Winner Winner x 1
  17. saltyboot

Yes OUB you got it! It is the Mouse Doctor who has no name. The victim.... er, patent is Wilbur the albatross who threw out his back while landing.

You get another star!
  18. oneuglybunny

Well, just a small one, because it took me so durned long to home in on this murine "doctor." But good news, it's fixing time!

1) This character appears in a regularly televised animated cartoon series that's no longer in production.

2) This character's closest associate has already been tapped as a Mystery Character; it's high time for the other half of the duo to shine.

3) Both title characters are animated parody forms of a famous playwright's stage duo.
  19. emeraldisle

I have the answer, but again, I'll see if someone else gets it first. If not, I'll post it tomorrow.
  20. emeraldisle

Due to the site being down again yesterday, there were no answers. So I'll lob a brick, and say it's Fleabag, the sloppy dog from "The Oddball Couple."
    • Winner Winner x 1