1. Big Cartoon Forum

You WIll Need To Reset Your Password!!!

We just moved hosts on this system, and this has caused a few updates. One is the way we encode and store the encoded passwords.

Your old passwords will NOT work. You will need to reset your password. This is normal. Just click on reset password from the log in screen. Should be smooth as silk to do...

Sorry for the hassle.

Dave Koch
  2. Big Cartoon Forum

Are You Just Hanging Out?

Just lurking? Join the club, we'd love to have you in the Big Cartoon Forum! Sign up is easy- just enter your name and password.... or join using your Facebook account!

Membership has it's privileges... you can post and get your questions answered directly. But you can also join our community, and help other people with their questions, You can add to the discussion. And it's free! So join today!

Dave Koch
  3. Big Cartoon Forum

Other Side Of Maleficent

I have been looking forward to Maleficent with equal amounts of anticipation and dread. On one hand, she is easily my favorite Disney villain, so cold and so pure, and I want desperately to see more of her and her back-story. On the other hand, she is easily my favorite Disney villain, and I would hate to see her parodied, taken lightly or ultimately destroyed in a film that does not understand this great character. The good news is that this film almost gets it right; but that is also the bad news.

4. Big Cartoon Forum

BCDB Hits 150K Entries

It took a while, but we are finally here! The Big Cartoon DataBase hit the milestone of 150,000 entries earlier today with the addition of the cartoon The Polish Language. This film was added to BCDB on May 9th, 2014 at 4:23 PM.

5. Big Cartoon Forum

Warner Brings Back Animated Stone-Age Family

Funnyman Will Ferrell and partner Adam McKay are working on bringing back everyone’s favorite stone-age family. The duo’s production company Gary Sanchez Productions is in development on a new Flintstones animated feature.

6. Big Cartoon Forum

Disney To Feast In France

The follow up to Disney’s 2013 Academy Award Winning short Paperman has been announced, and it will premiere at France’s Annecy International Animated Film Festival. Titled The Feast, the short looks to be based on the same stylized CG techniques used on last years Paperman, a more natural and hand-drawn look to computer animation.

7. Big Cartoon Forum

Renegades of Animation: Pat Sullivan

Pat Sullivan became famous worldwide for his creation of Felix the Cat. What most animation histories gloss over is Sullivan’s checkered past and longtime standing as a wildcat renegade. He didn’t follow the rules. And he made damn sure to fully protect his intellectual properties.

The Mystery Cartoon Character Game, now with 20% more ongoing.

Discussion in 'Free-For-All' started by oneuglybunny, Mar 31, 2016.

1. Glowworm

Glowworm Moderator Staff Member I SUPPORT BCDB!

Yes, this is Pudge the fish from Lilo and Stitch. In a deleted sketchy scene, Lilo takes Stitch to meet Pudge, and Stitch ends up throwing the fish out of the water and he dies at the hands of a bunch of seagulls. Lilo later buries him near her parents' graves. Kind of morbid if you ask me.
    I like to think Pudge is a certain shapeshifting demigod from Moana watching over Lilo and Nani because they are descendants of Moana...
  2. oneuglybunny

oneuglybunny Moderator Staff Member Forum Member

Yeah, that whole scene is kinda superfluous as well as grimdark. It's only necessary to hear Lilo explain it on stage to get an idea of her peculiar thought process, and for Myrtle to declare, "You're crazy." Triggered!

Uh-oh, I'm digging in the baddie part of the character bin again. My doctor's going to have to put me on something stronger, like thorazine.

1) This character appears only once to date in a completely animated feature film. He's unlikely to recur, since he doesn't survive to the end of the story.

2) Getting dead must be a thing with this character. He gets killed once, but wait! He's not 100% dead, so he wakes up and gets bad again. He has to get dead a second time for it to be permanent.

3) Curiously, most of the other characters speak English just fine, and converse with each other. Not this guy; too asocial, perhaps.
  3. oneuglybunny

Intermediate clues time.

4) The main characters in this animated film are small-ish, because they're young. This character is an adult, and very much larger. And scarier, too.

5) Despite his size and weight, this character hasn't much arm strength, which one of the younger characters points out to his associates.

6) Nobody in this film is human.
  4. saltyboot

saltyboot A Moderating Moderator Staff Member Forum Member

I'm a gonna throw a brick at this one, and say it's Sharptooth from The Land Before Time.
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. oneuglybunny

Unlike mine, that brick is precisely on target. This is indeed Sharptooth from Don Bluth's The Land Before Time. The first one, before Spoilberg seized the franchise and went haywire with it. Littlefoot points out that Sharptooth is likely to drown in a lake, because "he can't swim with those tiny arms." And, of course, nobody in The Land Before Time is human, because humans haven't been invented yet. Good bricking, SB. :)
  6. saltyboot

Thanks, it was clue 5 that got me to throw that particular brick.

I'm the mother of the main character, but I don't show up until the second movie.
    Everyone thought I was dead.
    My son is just like me.
  7. Glowworm

I know this one, but since I'm going to be busy this weekend, I won't answer unless it's needed.
  8. saltyboot

Sorry it took so long. I had no time to come up with more clues until now.

I am a Dragon Rider.
    I've spent the last 20 years saving these poor animals from traps.
    I was reunited with my family.
  9. emeraldisle

emeraldisle Moderator Staff Member I SUPPORT BCDB!

Got it. It's Valka, from "How To Train Your Dragon 2."
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. saltyboot

Yep, that is correct. She was taken away by a dragon during an attack, and she stayed with them to protect them.
  11. emeraldisle

Thanks, Salty. Now here's one that no one thought of until now:

1. I appear in, and eventually die in an animated sequel.

2. I emerge from a subterranean hideout to seek a magical orb.

3. Like the villain in the first film, I strive for the power of the dark arts.
  12. emeraldisle

Another toughie, huh? I can only provide three more clues:

4. I destroy a frog who's restored to life.

5. My film is not Disney.

6. Once again, the title heroine becomes a wild, beautiful bird.
  13. Glowworm

I got it now. This is Clavius from The Swan Princess:Escape from Castle Mountain. Had to look up the villain's name, but realized the film this morning.
    • Winner Winner x 1
  14. emeraldisle

Right on target, Glowworm. Good job. :). Now to explain the clues:

Five are self-explanatory. He also kills Jean-Bob, who's eventually brought back to life. So you get another turn.
  15. Glowworm

Yeah, never got into that series, but I do remember commercials for the second movie on video cassette back when I was a kid.
    1. I am the newest cartoon character who can fall into this year's category of the Chinese New Year's animal for 2017.
    2. Birdbrain was never a more appropriate adjective to describe me.
    3. The trailers and merchandise make it seem like the pig will get the spotlight as the adorable sidekick--but it's actually me who accidentally accompanies the heroine on her journey.
  16. emeraldisle

Well, obviously, it's a rooster, but I can't put my finger on it.
  17. saltyboot

I know who it is, but I don't have the time to put together a character, so I'll hold off a while.
  18. Glowworm

4. It doesn't help that the other protagonist clearly wants to eat me.
    5. I try to eat rocks--this is a running gag.
    6. Another running gag is that I keep falling off the boat into the ocean.
  19. emeraldisle

Thanks so much for those last three clues, Glowworm. It's Hei Hei, the rooster from "Moana."
    • Winner Winner x 1
  20. Glowworm

Yes, this is Hei Hei, quite possibly the stupidest Disney sidekick ever created. I'm still a little bitter that Pui, the adorable pig didn't get to go on the adventure with Moana.