1. Big Cartoon Forum

You WIll Need To Reset Your Password!!!

We just moved hosts on this system, and this has caused a few updates. One is the way we encode and store the encoded passwords.

Your old passwords will NOT work. You will need to reset your password. This is normal. Just click on reset password from the log in screen. Should be smooth as silk to do...

Sorry for the hassle.

Dave Koch
  2. Big Cartoon Forum

Are You Just Hanging Out?

Just lurking? Join the club, we'd love to have you in the Big Cartoon Forum! Sign up is easy- just enter your name and password.... or join using your Facebook account!

Membership has it's privileges... you can post and get your questions answered directly. But you can also join our community, and help other people with their questions, You can add to the discussion. And it's free! So join today!

Dave Koch
  3. Big Cartoon Forum

Other Side Of Maleficent

I have been looking forward to Maleficent with equal amounts of anticipation and dread. On one hand, she is easily my favorite Disney villain, so cold and so pure, and I want desperately to see more of her and her back-story. On the other hand, she is easily my favorite Disney villain, and I would hate to see her parodied, taken lightly or ultimately destroyed in a film that does not understand this great character. The good news is that this film almost gets it right; but that is also the bad news.

4. Big Cartoon Forum

BCDB Hits 150K Entries

It took a while, but we are finally here! The Big Cartoon DataBase hit the milestone of 150,000 entries earlier today with the addition of the cartoon The Polish Language. This film was added to BCDB on May 9th, 2014 at 4:23 PM.

5. Big Cartoon Forum

Warner Brings Back Animated Stone-Age Family

Funnyman Will Ferrell and partner Adam McKay are working on bringing back everyone’s favorite stone-age family. The duo’s production company Gary Sanchez Productions is in development on a new Flintstones animated feature.

6. Big Cartoon Forum

Disney To Feast In France

The follow up to Disney’s 2013 Academy Award Winning short Paperman has been announced, and it will premiere at France’s Annecy International Animated Film Festival. Titled The Feast, the short looks to be based on the same stylized CG techniques used on last years Paperman, a more natural and hand-drawn look to computer animation.

7. Big Cartoon Forum

Renegades of Animation: Pat Sullivan

Pat Sullivan became famous worldwide for his creation of Felix the Cat. What most animation histories gloss over is Sullivan’s checkered past and longtime standing as a wildcat renegade. He didn’t follow the rules. And he made damn sure to fully protect his intellectual properties.

The Mystery Cartoon Character Game, now with 20% more ongoing.

Discussion in 'Free-For-All' started by oneuglybunny, Mar 31, 2016.

1. emeraldisle

emeraldisle Moderator Staff Member I SUPPORT BCDB!

Absolutely right again, Salty. Good job. :). You may go again. The first two clues are self-explanatory, and she was voiced by Anne Bancroft, best known as the upstart actress in "All About Eve," and Mrs. Robinson in "The Graduate."
  2. saltyboot

saltyboot A Moderating Moderator Staff Member Forum Member

Thanks!

I guard a princess who's locked in a tower.
    I end up falling for her rescuers' companion.
    At the end of the movie, I get to eat the bad guy.
  3. Glowworm

Glowworm Moderator Staff Member I SUPPORT BCDB!

This is Dragon from the Shrek movies. Somehow, she and Donkey have babies together.
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. saltyboot

saltyboot A Moderating Moderator Staff Member Forum Member

Yes, that's exactly who it is. You're up!
  5. Glowworm

Got one.
    1. We're a pair of Scottish(!) lagomorphs.
    2. We're picking on a goofy marsupial who thinks he's a champion hopper.
    3. In the end, he ends up destroying Tokyo (this short was made during WWII)
  6. emeraldisle

Amazingly, I found it. It's Sandy and the other Scottish rabbit from "Hop And Go."
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. Glowworm

Yes, I think the other Scottish rabbit may be called Andy--at least that's what the Big Cartoon Database claims. It's a decent enough cartoon--although that ending's the reason I never saw it as a child on tv.
  8. emeraldisle

Thanks, Glowworm. Now for another untapped one:

1. I'm the first bad guy seen and mentioned in the show's opening.

2. I reveal that I'm not the mayor, just the number one citizen.

3. After I'm defeated in the intro, the protagonists sing "That's one solution to stop pollution."
  9. emeraldisle

Three more clues:

4. I'm named after something deadly that pollutes the air.

5. I try to convince some of the heroes that my town is a healthy environment.

6. The team leader foreshadows my defeat by saying. "Okie doke. Let's fix his smoke."
  10. emeraldisle

Well, I'm fresh out of clues, so here's the answer: It's Smokestack Smog, from "Yogi's Gang." Now to explain the clues:

1. In the show's intro, Boo Boo points him out, saying, "Look down there, Yogi. It's Mr. Smog."

2. He reveals this fact when Magilla Gorilla, Peter Potamus, and Snagglepuss meet him.

3. The cast sings this line after defeating him with a vacuum cleaner.

4. Self-explanatory.

5. He tells Magilla, Peter, and Snag that smog is good for them--an obvious lie.

6. Yogi says this right after Boo Boo spots him in the opening.

So rather than post another character, I'll let someone else have a turn.
    • Informative Informative x 1
  11. oneuglybunny

oneuglybunny Moderator Staff Member Forum Member

I don't recall Yogi's Gang airing in my locality; there were only the three broadcast stations: CBS on VHF-12, ABC on UHF-34 and NBC on UHF-40. Oh, and PBS on UHF-46. Or was this a Nineties show, running roughly parallel to Captain Planet?
  12. emeraldisle

Actually, it premiered in 1973, long before Captain Planet. And it aired on ABC.
  13. oneuglybunny

Which goes to prove how much nothin' there is in my ugly head. But there is one crumb of cartoon goodness in there, and here it is:

1) This character has appeared only once to date in an animated short cartoon that played in theaters back when cartoons were packaged with a studio's feature film.

2) This character is not human; nobody in this cartoon is human, in fact. However, this character is the only one of his kind seen.

3) Honestly, this character doesn't have a name, not on screen nor in the Database. So, we'll have to call him what he is, I suppose. And he predates the one created by Isadore "Friz" Freleng.
  14. oneuglybunny

Intermediate clues time.

4) Despite this character not having a name, he does get a picture of himself posted. It's used during a lecture on what to watch out for.

5) As I said, this character is the only one of his kind seen in this 1940 cartoon. There are plenty of other nameless characters, all of the same species.

6) This character comes visiting, and he's hungry. The other characters feed him, but the meal is mostly comprised of condiments, and this character doesn't enjoy it.
  15. emeraldisle

Sorry, but I just can't find the answer.
  16. oneuglybunny

Cupcake clues time.

7) Debuted on Friday 15 March 1940.

8) From the days when Max and Dave Fleischer were still working together at Fleischer Studios.

9) Despite being a species that's very furry (not quite Afghan hound, but in that direction), this character wears a shirt and pants: a Barefoot Cartoon Animal.
  17. emeraldisle

Thanks for those last three clues. It's the anteater, from "Ants In The Plants."
    • Winner Winner x 1
  18. oneuglybunny

Yes, this is the Anteater from the Color Classics cartoon Ants In The Plants, distributed by Paramount Pictures before they absorbed the studio and renamed it Famous Studio.
  19. emeraldisle

Thanks, OUB. Now to move once again into the untapped:

1. I become a time traveler along with two buds, a dog, and a girl named after a pastry.

2. My live action show originated on a romantic anthology series.

3. My parents and kid sister are conspicuously absent from the animated series. RIP, darling little sister.
  20. emeraldisle

Only three more clues:

4. My cartoon show premiered in 1980, by which time I was no longer part of the live action cast.

5. My parents are often addressed by the first letter of my family surname.

6. Also absent from the animated series is another of my buddies.