1. Big Cartoon Forum

You WIll Need To Reset Your Password!!!

We just moved hosts on this system, and this has caused a few updates. One is the way we encode and store the encoded passwords.

Your old passwords will NOT work. You will need to reset your password. This is normal. Just click on reset password from the log in screen. Should be smooth as silk to do...

Sorry for the hassle.

Dave Koch
  2. Big Cartoon Forum

Are You Just Hanging Out?

Just lurking? Join the club, we'd love to have you in the Big Cartoon Forum! Sign up is easy- just enter your name and password.... or join using your Facebook account!

Membership has it's privileges... you can post and get your questions answered directly. But you can also join our community, and help other people with their questions, You can add to the discussion. And it's free! So join today!

Dave Koch
  3. Big Cartoon Forum

Other Side Of Maleficent

I have been looking forward to Maleficent with equal amounts of anticipation and dread. On one hand, she is easily my favorite Disney villain, so cold and so pure, and I want desperately to see more of her and her back-story. On the other hand, she is easily my favorite Disney villain, and I would hate to see her parodied, taken lightly or ultimately destroyed in a film that does not understand this great character. The good news is that this film almost gets it right; but that is also the bad news.

4. Big Cartoon Forum

BCDB Hits 150K Entries

It took a while, but we are finally here! The Big Cartoon DataBase hit the milestone of 150,000 entries earlier today with the addition of the cartoon The Polish Language. This film was added to BCDB on May 9th, 2014 at 4:23 PM.

5. Big Cartoon Forum

Warner Brings Back Animated Stone-Age Family

Funnyman Will Ferrell and partner Adam McKay are working on bringing back everyone’s favorite stone-age family. The duo’s production company Gary Sanchez Productions is in development on a new Flintstones animated feature.

6. Big Cartoon Forum

Disney To Feast In France

The follow up to Disney’s 2013 Academy Award Winning short Paperman has been announced, and it will premiere at France’s Annecy International Animated Film Festival. Titled The Feast, the short looks to be based on the same stylized CG techniques used on last years Paperman, a more natural and hand-drawn look to computer animation.

7. Big Cartoon Forum

Renegades of Animation: Pat Sullivan

Pat Sullivan became famous worldwide for his creation of Felix the Cat. What most animation histories gloss over is Sullivan’s checkered past and longtime standing as a wildcat renegade. He didn’t follow the rules. And he made damn sure to fully protect his intellectual properties.

The Mystery Cartoon Character Game, now with 20% more ongoing.

Discussion in 'Free-For-All' started by oneuglybunny, Mar 31, 2016.

1. saltyboot

saltyboot A Moderating Moderator Staff Member Forum Member

I think I found it. Richie Cunningham, from The Fonz and the Happy Days Gang.
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. emeraldisle

emeraldisle Moderator Staff Member I SUPPORT BCDB!

Absolutely right, Salty. Good job. :). All clues are self-explanatory, so take it away.
  3. saltyboot

Thanks! But I'm swamped and won't be able to find and put together a character until Sunday (maybe).

So I will pass my turn to whoever wants it.
  4. emeraldisle

Guess I'll post one that shouldn't require more than three clues:

1. I'm the only female on the team.

2. Even though my new movie opens on Cinco De Mayo, I'm not Hispanic.

3. In fact, I'm not even from Earth--and I have the green skin to prove it.
  5. emeraldisle

Three more clues:

4. My animated series just began its second season.

5. I have an evil father and sister.

6. My team mates include a talking plant and a raccoon.
  6. oneuglybunny

oneuglybunny Moderator Staff Member Forum Member

Whoa, they (Marvel Productions) animated GoG? I'll be dipped. That means the Mystery Character is Gamora of Guardians Of The Galaxy. Nice to know that a Green Skinned Space Babe can do more than snuggle Starfleet captains.
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. emeraldisle

You got it right, OUB. Good job. :). And yes, there's an animated version on Disney XD. So you may post the latest character.
  8. oneuglybunny

Goody. :) And it's fixing time, since there's someone missing in the cast list.

1) This character first appeared in comic books that were later adapted into a regularly televised cartoon series, and even feature films.

2) This character started out as an infiltrator, a mole in league with the villain. Note to baddies: it helps greatly if your spy blends in, rather than glaringly stands out.

3) Fortunately, this infiltrator had a change of heart, and is now one of the Good Guys. And, being female, she got a complete makeover to signal her shift in allegiance.
  9. emeraldisle

I know this, but having had two turns already, I'll let someone else answer.
  10. saltyboot

That person may not be me. I'll need another set of clues.
  11. oneuglybunny

Another set coming up.

4) Normally, any girl of a group becomes a Damsel In Distress, especially in a setting with a recurring villain. This one tends to be the rescuer instead of the rescuee.

5) There's a senior trope named after this character, christened after an article for the New York Times written by a mother.

6) For quite a while, this character was the one and only female among a community of boys. Only in the cartoon world would this lopsided setup be immune to Natural Unselection.
  12. emeraldisle

Guess it's up to me to answer after all. It's Smurfette.

BTW, I still won't post a new character. It's only fair to let someone else have a turn now.
    • Winner Winner x 1
  13. oneuglybunny

Yes, this is Smurfette, originally a raven-haired artificial Smurf made by Gargamel to infiltrate and spy on the Smurfs. The Smurfs welcoming and kindness in contrast with Gargamel's domineering and meanness triggered a change of heart, and Smurfette underwent a magic makeover by Papa Smurf into the little blonde-and-blue muffin we know today. The trope spawned from the New York Times article is The Smurfette Principle: in an ensemble cast, any girl will automatically be The Chick, and thus, only one is needed.
  14. emeraldisle

Thanks, OUB. I'll pass my turn to Saltyboot. She's long overdue.
  15. saltyboot

Thanks, I just so happen to have one in mind.

I'm from the past, looking for a way to return to my time.
    My series ended over 10 years ago.
    Earlier this year my series resumed.
  16. saltyboot

OK, set number two.

At first, my series consisted of me “killing” robots. Living things were never killed.
    In my revival series, humans do actually get killed.
    My nemesis is a shape shifter who's name means evil.
  17. Glowworm

Glowworm Moderator Staff Member I SUPPORT BCDB!

That's an easy one. It's Jack from Samurai Jack. The series has finally returned for a 5th season through the original creators and is being shown on Adult Swim. Now, Jack can actually kill people, and naughty words can be said. :happy:
    • Winner Winner x 1
  18. saltyboot

Yep, it's Jack. I've been watching it and it's a lot darker than before. Though I don't recall any naughty words yet.
  19. Glowworm

Glowworm Moderator Staff Member I SUPPORT BCDB!

I've only seen bits and pieces of Samurai Jack as a middle schooler--never actually got into the series. My boyfriend and my friends have been watching it and loving it though.
    As for naughty words--well there is this rather infamous scene that shocked quite a lot of people. :happy:

1. I sacrifice my life to send my son far away from my murderous sisters who have come after him.
    2. I reappear in the form of a wooden charm come to life to guide my son on a journey.
    3.Eventually, I must sacrifice myself for him again.
  20. saltyboot

Oh yeah, lol. I was tired when watching that episode and wasn't sure if I heard him correctly. :wideyed:
    • Funny Funny x 1