1. Big Cartoon Forum

You WIll Need To Reset Your Password!!!

We just moved hosts on this system, and this has caused a few updates. One is the way we encode and store the encoded passwords.

Your old passwords will NOT work. You will need to reset your password. This is normal. Just click on reset password from the log in screen. Should be smooth as silk to do...

Sorry for the hassle.

Dave Koch
  2. Big Cartoon Forum

Are You Just Hanging Out?

Just lurking? Join the club, we'd love to have you in the Big Cartoon Forum! Sign up is easy- just enter your name and password.... or join using your Facebook account!

Membership has it's privileges... you can post and get your questions answered directly. But you can also join our community, and help other people with their questions, You can add to the discussion. And it's free! So join today!

Dave Koch
  3. Big Cartoon Forum

Other Side Of Maleficent

I have been looking forward to Maleficent with equal amounts of anticipation and dread. On one hand, she is easily my favorite Disney villain, so cold and so pure, and I want desperately to see more of her and her back-story. On the other hand, she is easily my favorite Disney villain, and I would hate to see her parodied, taken lightly or ultimately destroyed in a film that does not understand this great character. The good news is that this film almost gets it right; but that is also the bad news.

4. Big Cartoon Forum

BCDB Hits 150K Entries

It took a while, but we are finally here! The Big Cartoon DataBase hit the milestone of 150,000 entries earlier today with the addition of the cartoon The Polish Language. This film was added to BCDB on May 9th, 2014 at 4:23 PM.

5. Big Cartoon Forum

Warner Brings Back Animated Stone-Age Family

Funnyman Will Ferrell and partner Adam McKay are working on bringing back everyone’s favorite stone-age family. The duo’s production company Gary Sanchez Productions is in development on a new Flintstones animated feature.

6. Big Cartoon Forum

Disney To Feast In France

The follow up to Disney’s 2013 Academy Award Winning short Paperman has been announced, and it will premiere at France’s Annecy International Animated Film Festival. Titled The Feast, the short looks to be based on the same stylized CG techniques used on last years Paperman, a more natural and hand-drawn look to computer animation.

7. Big Cartoon Forum

Renegades of Animation: Pat Sullivan

Pat Sullivan became famous worldwide for his creation of Felix the Cat. What most animation histories gloss over is Sullivan’s checkered past and longtime standing as a wildcat renegade. He didn’t follow the rules. And he made damn sure to fully protect his intellectual properties.

The Mystery Cartoon Character Game, now with 20% more ongoing.

Discussion in 'Free-For-All' started by oneuglybunny, Mar 31, 2016.

1. saltyboot

saltyboot A Moderating Moderator Staff Member Forum Member

Yes, it's Tiny from the award winning short.

Take it away!
  2. emeraldisle

emeraldisle Moderator Staff Member I SUPPORT BCDB!

Thanks, Salty. Now to really go into untapped territory:

1. I'm a long-forgotten advertising mascot.

2. My cookies are oddly but aptly shaped.

3. And the product rhymes.
  3. emeraldisle

Three more clues should do it:

4. My company also created the original sandwich cookie.

5. I'm almost 50 years old.

6. Those with allergies can't have these cookies.
  4. oneuglybunny

oneuglybunny Moderator Staff Member Forum Member

Oh, I'd forgotten about him. The Nutter Butter Man, animated pitchman for Nabisco's Nutter Butter sandwich cookies. How to describe him? Physique of Uncle Sam, haywire hairstyle of Carrot Top, with a kind of Willy Wonka demeanor. Most famous for his stage whisper: "From Banisco!" chirps the cute child. "Nabisco!" corrects Nutter Butter Man. Dang, this one takes me back.
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. emeraldisle

Yes, OUB, it's the Nutter Butter Man for certain. Good job. :). Your turn now.
  6. oneuglybunny

Nice. Okay, more fixing time. We've tapped the Good Guy, so I'm going to pluck the Bad Guy.

1) This character occurs only once to date in an animated feature film. He doesn't survive the hero's onslaught, so he's not likely to recur.

2) Three colleagues of this character are Good Guys, and do something helpful for the hero. This character decides that Good is boring, so he chooses to be the renegade Bad Guy. Spoilsport.

3) This Bad Guy character has magic powers. The hero doesn't; the hero has Science! Whaddaya know? That's good enough.
  7. oneuglybunny

Intermediate clues time.

4) Conveniently, the main magic men are Color Coded. The Blue One, the Green One and the Gold One are Good Guys. It's the Red One, the Mystery Character, that causes the trouble.

5) Nobody from this feature cartoon is named in the title. It's the secondary characters that get title billing. Score one for the extras. :)

6) This character sends a battalion of mooks to thwart the heroes. They're not human, and they're not Jango Fett clones, either. Nor are they Mecha Mooks. They're still a fearsome force, though.
  8. Glowworm

Glowworm Moderator Staff Member I SUPPORT BCDB!

Thought so from the beginning, but I've never actually seen the film so I had to look up which one was the evil wizard. This is the Red Wizard Ommadon from Flight of the Dragons, voiced by James Earl Jones.
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. oneuglybunny

Correct, this is Ommadon, the Red Wizard from the Arthur Rankin and Jules Bass production The Flight of Dragons. This one ends up in the Mystery Cartoon thread from time to time. Good memory, Glow. :)
  10. Glowworm

Yeah, exactly how I recalled this one, a little cartoon research, and I never forget.
    1. I'm part of a classic stopmotion animation segment for a long running children's education show.
    2. I rule over a kingdom and a certain number.
    3. However, I learn from a royal messenger that a new addition to my family has arrived which will throw my perfect number off.
  11. Glowworm

4. I proudly show off the number I rule over.
    5. There is a similar stopmotion animation segment featuring a queen ruling over the number 6.
    6. My royal messenger gets hit by the number I rule over at the end.
  12. emeraldisle

I'm afraid I never saw this one.
  13. Glowworm

Last clues.
    7. Can you tell me how to get...
    8.I'm voiced by a very famous puppeteer.
    9.8 is great, but not when you suddenly have another princess that throws off your entire kingdom.
  14. oneuglybunny

Well, this has to be one of the Sesame Street vignettes, which came from multiple sources. So, this shapes up to be the King of Eight, proud of his octagonal kingdom, until princess number nine comes along.

And just for giggles: a friend of mine is a big fan of The Beatles. He was shocked that I knew Octopus's Garden and Manah Manah, two obscure songs in their discography. Sesame Street to the rescue. :D
    Last edited: Jul 18, 2017
    • Winner Winner x 1
  15. emeraldisle

Actually, "Manah Manah" was never a Beatles' song. I may tell you the true story about that song, but only in a private message.
  16. Glowworm

Yep, this is Sesame Street's King of Eight. There was also another stopmotion animation similar to this one called The Queen of Six.
    Also, amusingly enough, a lot of people seem to think the poor messenger is dead after the 8 falls on him. :D
  17. oneuglybunny

Ah, took me a while to find a worthy character, but here she is:

1) This character appears only once to date in an animated feature film. She survives to the end of the story, so she could recur.

2) The title characters are summoned to her home to alleviate a persistent problem. She not quite a main character, but certainly an important one.

3) This nice lady fights with the villain at one point. And she's definitely a Lady, as in the Mistress of a Manor. The story locale is somewhere in Great Britain.
  18. emeraldisle

Sorry, but I don't know the answer. Hopefully, someone else will get it.
  19. oneuglybunny

Intermediate clues time.

4) Ah, the magic attraction of redheads. One of the title characters is smitten with this lady, likewise for the villain. It's a Dudley Do-Right / Snidely Whiplash / Lucille Ball kind of triangle.

5) This character has a knack for gardening, and aims to spread the preference for greenery throughout the county. Kind of hard to argue with a Greener Earth policy.

6) Normal people have mostly normal hairstyles; wealthy aristocrats have ... unusual hairstyles. Perhaps this character watches too much anime.
  20. oneuglybunny

And cupcake clues time.

7) Lena Hyena debuted in a feature animated film, but in none of the subsequent short cartoons. This character never appeared in the first three animated shorts, but debuted in the subsequent feature film.

8) Written and directed by an established creative duo. However, the voice actor for one of the heroic characters recently left this mortal coil. :(

9) Premiered Friday 7 October 2005.