1. Big Cartoon Forum

You WIll Need To Reset Your Password!!!

We just moved hosts on this system, and this has caused a few updates. One is the way we encode and store the encoded passwords.

Your old passwords will NOT work. You will need to reset your password. This is normal. Just click on reset password from the log in screen. Should be smooth as silk to do...

Sorry for the hassle.

Dave Koch
  2. Big Cartoon Forum

Are You Just Hanging Out?

Just lurking? Join the club, we'd love to have you in the Big Cartoon Forum! Sign up is easy- just enter your name and password.... or join using your Facebook account!

Membership has it's privileges... you can post and get your questions answered directly. But you can also join our community, and help other people with their questions, You can add to the discussion. And it's free! So join today!

Dave Koch
  3. Big Cartoon Forum

Other Side Of Maleficent

I have been looking forward to Maleficent with equal amounts of anticipation and dread. On one hand, she is easily my favorite Disney villain, so cold and so pure, and I want desperately to see more of her and her back-story. On the other hand, she is easily my favorite Disney villain, and I would hate to see her parodied, taken lightly or ultimately destroyed in a film that does not understand this great character. The good news is that this film almost gets it right; but that is also the bad news.

4. Big Cartoon Forum

BCDB Hits 150K Entries

It took a while, but we are finally here! The Big Cartoon DataBase hit the milestone of 150,000 entries earlier today with the addition of the cartoon The Polish Language. This film was added to BCDB on May 9th, 2014 at 4:23 PM.

5. Big Cartoon Forum

Warner Brings Back Animated Stone-Age Family

Funnyman Will Ferrell and partner Adam McKay are working on bringing back everyone’s favorite stone-age family. The duo’s production company Gary Sanchez Productions is in development on a new Flintstones animated feature.

6. Big Cartoon Forum

Disney To Feast In France

The follow up to Disney’s 2013 Academy Award Winning short Paperman has been announced, and it will premiere at France’s Annecy International Animated Film Festival. Titled The Feast, the short looks to be based on the same stylized CG techniques used on last years Paperman, a more natural and hand-drawn look to computer animation.

7. Big Cartoon Forum

Renegades of Animation: Pat Sullivan

Pat Sullivan became famous worldwide for his creation of Felix the Cat. What most animation histories gloss over is Sullivan’s checkered past and longtime standing as a wildcat renegade. He didn’t follow the rules. And he made damn sure to fully protect his intellectual properties.

The Mystery Cartoon Character Game, now with 20% more ongoing.

Discussion in 'Free-For-All' started by oneuglybunny, Mar 31, 2016.

1. oneuglybunny

oneuglybunny Moderator Staff Member Forum Member

Topical as ever, Em. The Filmation Associates production is titled Will The Real Jerry Lewis Please Sit Down. One of the supporting characters is named Rhonda; the Beach Boys song in clue #3 is "Help Me, Rhonda."
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. emeraldisle

emeraldisle Moderator Staff Member I SUPPORT BCDB!

Right on all counts, OUB. You may take your long overdue turn now. Good job. :).
  3. oneuglybunny

Uh-oh, August is almost gone. I'd better tap this character while the tapping's good.

1) This character appears twice to date in completely animated feature films. He debuted one August many years ago.

2) This character is a daddy, and because of that, it's his son that gets the lion's share of attention, including title billing. It's a Dennis The Menace kind of thing.

3) In the first film, this character gets very few lines. Then again, his first spoken line is a doozy. Quality trumps quantity.
  4. oneuglybunny

Intermediate clues time.

4) This character is one proud papa. He was there when his son was born, though not in the delivery room. Daddy stayed in the waiting area while Momma did all the work. This was the norm at the time.

5) Almost no one in the original film is human, including this character. Humans in this universe are less characters and much more plot devices.

6) Being royalty, this character gets to wear a crown of sorts, though it's not made of gold. In fact, he gets a new headpiece every year, kind of like software updates.
  5. oneuglybunny

Cupcake clues time.

7) This character debuted on Thursday 13 August 1942.

8) Walt Disney was still alive at the time, and actually influenced this character's production.

9) This character's not just a daddy anymore: by the film's end, he's a granddaddy.
  6. emeraldisle

This can only be Thumper, as rabbits are known for multiplying.
  7. oneuglybunny

Oooh, right animated feature film, but wrong character. Clue 2: his son gets title billing. Clue 6: being royalty ...
  8. emeraldisle

Oh, right. Bambi's father, the Great Prince Of The Forest.
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. oneuglybunny

There we go. :D Yes, this is the Great Prince of the Forest, who is Bambi's father. And when his gangly son finally gets some meat on him, he attracts a pretty doe, and boom-boom: Prince is now a granddaddy.
  10. emeraldisle

Thanks, OUB. Now let's see about this mystery character:

1. I am one of six non-humans tasked with fighting evil.

2. My name describes what I do best.

3. Man, I'm hungry. I could go for some metal, or anything else humans don't eat, for that matter.
  11. emeraldisle

Three more clues:

4. My series takes place in the distant future.

5. It was cancelled due to a lawsuit.

6. The smallest of my team mates supplies the ignition.
  12. emeraldisle

Ok, cupcake clues:

7. I form one of the legs.

8. My series has an anime style, but isn't true anime.

9. My team mates and I follow three simple commands: Activate! Unite! Separate!
  13. emeraldisle

Well, since no one got it, and seems to have forgotten the cartoon, here's the answer: Crunch, from "Mighty Orbots." Now to explain the clues:

1. He, like his fellow Orbots, were a robotic team built by Rob Simmons to fight Umbra's Shadow agents.

2. Self-explanatory.

3. As per his name, he was able to eat metal and other inanimate objects to power himself up.

4. Self-explanatory.

5. There was a lawsuit claiming the series was too similar to Challenge Of The Gobots.

6. Ohno's the one who supplied the ignition.

7. Self-explanatory.

8. Although drawn and filmed in anime style, it was never a true anime series.

9. These are the commands Rob issues when Earth is threatened by evil.

So I may post an easier character by tomorrow.
    • Useful Useful x 1
  14. oneuglybunny

Yeah, I remember the Gatchaman / G-Force series, and the later Voltron series, but Mighty Orbots never really blipped on my radar. I suppose that Googling it might have worked, but I don't like to do that; if I don't remember it, then I leave it to the Nostalgia Critic.
  15. emeraldisle

Sorry about that, OUB. Anyway, true to my word, here's the easy character I picked:

1. I hang out at the orphanage.

2. I witness the abduction of a young human, and tell the title characters about it.

3. I share my name with both a time traveler, and Chaka Khan's band.
  16. oneuglybunny

Oh, I know this one ... almost. This is the old cat at the New York orphanage (do they still have those?) that discusses young Penny with The Rescuers, Bernard and Miss Bianca. He claimed he was too old to be chasing mice, and he had these whiskers that resembled an Earl-of-Crunchbury mustache. I remember Chaka Khan, dimly. So, speculating from her and "time traveler," I'll say this cat is named Peabody? About everything else, though, I'm ironclad certain.
    • Winner Winner x 1
  17. emeraldisle

OUB, you got most of it right. The old cat's name is Rufus. Rufus was the time traveler portrayed by George Carlin in the Bill And Ted movies. It was also Chaka Khan's old band. So good job once again. :). Go right ahead.
  18. oneuglybunny

Nice one. :) Now, I can't right off think of a grunky old geezer, but I can think of shapely young lady. Call it contrast.

1) This character has appeared only once to date in a partially animated feature film. Yes, there are some live people in it; not everything is perfect.

2) This character is female, and human. She's attracted to a cute human guy. But they can't get intimate because there's a rule against it.

3) When her cute guy dies, this character is pretty broken up about it, sobbing and wailing and cursing his killer.
  19. Glowworm

Glowworm Moderator Staff Member I SUPPORT BCDB!

This is Lonette from Cool World. Thanks, Nostalgia Critic.
    • Winner Winner x 1
  20. oneuglybunny

Yes, this is Lonette, a brunette cutie attracted to Detective Frank Harris, from Ralph Bakshi's Cool World. Frank reminds her, and all other toon characters that "Noids don't have sex with doodles." Good research, Glow. :D
    Last edited: Sep 14, 2017