1. Big Cartoon Forum

You WIll Need To Reset Your Password!!!

We just moved hosts on this system, and this has caused a few updates. One is the way we encode and store the encoded passwords.

Your old passwords will NOT work. You will need to reset your password. This is normal. Just click on reset password from the log in screen. Should be smooth as silk to do...

Sorry for the hassle.

Dave Koch
  2. Big Cartoon Forum

Are You Just Hanging Out?

Just lurking? Join the club, we'd love to have you in the Big Cartoon Forum! Sign up is easy- just enter your name and password.... or join using your Facebook account!

Membership has it's privileges... you can post and get your questions answered directly. But you can also join our community, and help other people with their questions, You can add to the discussion. And it's free! So join today!

Dave Koch
  3. Big Cartoon Forum

Other Side Of Maleficent

I have been looking forward to Maleficent with equal amounts of anticipation and dread. On one hand, she is easily my favorite Disney villain, so cold and so pure, and I want desperately to see more of her and her back-story. On the other hand, she is easily my favorite Disney villain, and I would hate to see her parodied, taken lightly or ultimately destroyed in a film that does not understand this great character. The good news is that this film almost gets it right; but that is also the bad news.

4. Big Cartoon Forum

BCDB Hits 150K Entries

It took a while, but we are finally here! The Big Cartoon DataBase hit the milestone of 150,000 entries earlier today with the addition of the cartoon The Polish Language. This film was added to BCDB on May 9th, 2014 at 4:23 PM.

5. Big Cartoon Forum

Warner Brings Back Animated Stone-Age Family

Funnyman Will Ferrell and partner Adam McKay are working on bringing back everyone’s favorite stone-age family. The duo’s production company Gary Sanchez Productions is in development on a new Flintstones animated feature.

6. Big Cartoon Forum

Disney To Feast In France

The follow up to Disney’s 2013 Academy Award Winning short Paperman has been announced, and it will premiere at France’s Annecy International Animated Film Festival. Titled The Feast, the short looks to be based on the same stylized CG techniques used on last years Paperman, a more natural and hand-drawn look to computer animation.

7. Big Cartoon Forum

Renegades of Animation: Pat Sullivan

Pat Sullivan became famous worldwide for his creation of Felix the Cat. What most animation histories gloss over is Sullivan’s checkered past and longtime standing as a wildcat renegade. He didn’t follow the rules. And he made damn sure to fully protect his intellectual properties.

The Mystery Cartoon Character Game, now with 20% more ongoing.

Discussion in 'Free-For-All' started by oneuglybunny, Mar 31, 2016.

1. oneuglybunny

oneuglybunny Moderator Staff Member Forum Member

Okay, without cheating and going peeking through Fandango or Google, let's see if I can piece this one together. "The late thriller" points squarely at Michael Jackson, whose album Thriller completely rocked the Billboard charts. Peter Pan's home is Neverland, second star on the left, and straight on 'til morning. Michael Jackson christened his expansive home The Neverland Ranch, based upon the boy who never grew up. One of the Powerpuff Girls is Bubbles, which is also the name of Michael Jackson's pet chimpanzee (might've been a bonobo, though). So, we're discussing a lower primate named Bubbles, from The Michael Jackson Hallowe'en Special.

Am I close?
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. emeraldisle

emeraldisle Moderator Staff Member I SUPPORT BCDB!

Not just close, OUB. You actually nailed it. Good job. :). Bubbles does appear in Michael Jackson's Halloween, which only aired this past Friday night. Not only is he a bellhop, but he can talk! So now it's your turn again.
  3. oneuglybunny

Cool, another close enough job. Ooh, and there's another hole in the List for me to patch.

1) This character occurs in a regularly televised animated series that's no longer in production. He's still there, presumably, alive and well.

2) Somehow, his cohort / underling got tapped as a Mystery Character, but not this guy. So, this is the O'Pat to the O'Mike of the pair of good guys.

3) Naturally, some busybody can't leave well enough alone, and insists on meddling with this duo. Fortunately, this character is too Bugs Bunny-class clever to be hornswoggled.
  4. emeraldisle

Could this be Mighty Mightor? After all, Tog was a mystery character.
  5. Glowworm

Glowworm Moderator Staff Member I SUPPORT BCDB!

I'm going to guess Running Board from the Go Go Gophers as Ruffled Feathers has already been done.
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. oneuglybunny

Ah, goodie, this is Chief Running Board of The Go Go Gophers segments of Total Television's The Underdog Show. I've tapped his ingenious underling Ruffled Feather, but the Chief has been long overdue. Great sleuthing, Glowworm. Plus, we now know where there's another glaring hole in the Used Character List. :)
  7. Glowworm

See? Watching stereotypical Indians cartoons ARE useful! :D Yeah, I have vague enough memories of watching these guys on TV in the early 90s on Nickelodeon as a kid. At least the Go Go Gophers were smart.

Anyhow, here's one.
    1. I'm a famous crooner at the time of this short--in this one, I'm a type of bird.
    2. I want to bump off another bird in the house--he's also based off a famous crooner at the time.
    3. I get a cat to do my dirty work for me.
  8. emeraldisle

I have it. It's the "Bing Crosby" parrot, from "Catch As Cats Can."
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. Glowworm

Correct--and funny enough--I actually really don't like this short. For starters, while the Sinatra canary is actually hilarious--especially because whoever is voicing him is actually singing off key,the entire short just feels extra violent. Most of the things that happen to Sylvester look more painful than funny--especially the vacuum cleaner joke. Also, the other problem I have with this short is Davis not treating Sylvester as Sylvester. He looks just like himself--but the voice isn't his--it sounds more like Heathcliff from "Dough Ray Me-ow." Also, not only does he sound dopey--he isn't the schemer that he normally is--the Crosby parrot is the one coming up with all the plans--and forcing him to do them whenever the poor cat feels like giving up.
  10. emeraldisle

Thanks, Glowworm. Now here's one I predict will be a no-brainer:

1. I'm always looking for trouble.

2. Although I've gone up against many superheroes, my greatest adversary is my stepbrother, who got all the good things in life, including his own hammer.

3. In live action, I'll be back on the big screen tomorrow.
  11. oneuglybunny

Well, good thing I don't have one. :p This'd be Loki from Norse mythology, who somehow got conflated with Pan to become the trickster god. His step-brother is Thor, wielder of mighty mallet Mjolnir. If I remember my Norse rightly, Thor was the god of the big stuff, like storms and wars. Loki was in charge of day-to-day matters, like nice weather and bar brawls.
  12. emeraldisle

OUB, you hammered it(no pun intended). It's Loki, all right, who's been a cartoon character for over 50 years. Good job. :). Feel free to go again.
  13. oneuglybunny

Ah, now that I've had a nice dinner, I can spackle a hole in the List. It's Fixing Time again.

1) This character occurs in a regularly televised animated series that's no longer in production. However, the studio that produced it is still standing, so a continuation remains possible.

2) This character's husband has been tapped already. Now it's the wife's turn.

3) She's a dotty thing, certainly, but definitely not evil. She's content to brew tea and pet the dog. That is, if circumstances will allow it, which they rarely do.
  14. oneuglybunny

Overdue for intermediate clues. I really should check this thread moar.

4) The title character rarely speaks, and when he does, it's this character's name.

5) Having become an orphan only moments before, the title character meets this character. She promptly takes a liking to him, and brings him home with her.

6) This character is human, as is her husband. She's a sedate, motherly type, while her spouse is a cantankerous grouch.
  15. Glowworm

Ah, I didn't know we didn't do Muriel from Courage the Cowardly Dog.
    • Winner Winner x 1
  16. oneuglybunny

Well, Glow, we hadn't tapped Muriel Bagge until now. Cartoon Network Studios produced Courage The Cowardly Dog, and we've fielded her husband, Eustace Bagge some time ago. So, in this spirit of Fixing Time, I tapped Muriel, and you've rightly identified her. Thanks, Glowworm, for not letting nice Muriel fade into the Bermuda Triangle of Unguessed Characters. :D
  17. Glowworm

No problem- Muriel was a sweet old lady--never could understand what she saw in Eustace or how they stayed married for so long. :happy:
    Here's one.
    1. I feel replaced when a newcomer arrives at my home.
    2. We both end up on a wild adventure in which we have to find our way back home.
    3. There may definitely be a sequel to my film planned in the works--but after what my voice actor has been caught having done--I highly doubt he'll be returning to voice me.
  18. emeraldisle

Easy. It's Max, from "The Secret Life Of Pets."

1. He feels replaced by Duke.

2. Self-explanatory.

3. He's voiced by Louis C.K., who, like many others, is mixed up in a current scandal.
    • Winner Winner x 1
  19. Glowworm

Exactly, these scandals are so depressing--heck most of the news has been these days.
  20. emeraldisle

Thanks, Glowworm. Now, having come from the Rhode Island Comicon with my brother, sis in law, and nephew, I post these clues:

1. I'm a close relative of young twins.

2. My niece owns a pig.

3. I'm literally behind the 8 ball-I carry it on my cane.