1. Big Cartoon Forum

You WIll Need To Reset Your Password!!!

We just moved hosts on this system, and this has caused a few updates. One is the way we encode and store the encoded passwords.

Your old passwords will NOT work. You will need to reset your password. This is normal. Just click on reset password from the log in screen. Should be smooth as silk to do...

Sorry for the hassle.

Dave Koch
  2. Big Cartoon Forum

Are You Just Hanging Out?

Just lurking? Join the club, we'd love to have you in the Big Cartoon Forum! Sign up is easy- just enter your name and password.... or join using your Facebook account!

Membership has it's privileges... you can post and get your questions answered directly. But you can also join our community, and help other people with their questions, You can add to the discussion. And it's free! So join today!

Dave Koch
  3. Big Cartoon Forum

Other Side Of Maleficent

I have been looking forward to Maleficent with equal amounts of anticipation and dread. On one hand, she is easily my favorite Disney villain, so cold and so pure, and I want desperately to see more of her and her back-story. On the other hand, she is easily my favorite Disney villain, and I would hate to see her parodied, taken lightly or ultimately destroyed in a film that does not understand this great character. The good news is that this film almost gets it right; but that is also the bad news.

4. Big Cartoon Forum

BCDB Hits 150K Entries

It took a while, but we are finally here! The Big Cartoon DataBase hit the milestone of 150,000 entries earlier today with the addition of the cartoon The Polish Language. This film was added to BCDB on May 9th, 2014 at 4:23 PM.

5. Big Cartoon Forum

Warner Brings Back Animated Stone-Age Family

Funnyman Will Ferrell and partner Adam McKay are working on bringing back everyone’s favorite stone-age family. The duo’s production company Gary Sanchez Productions is in development on a new Flintstones animated feature.

6. Big Cartoon Forum

Disney To Feast In France

The follow up to Disney’s 2013 Academy Award Winning short Paperman has been announced, and it will premiere at France’s Annecy International Animated Film Festival. Titled The Feast, the short looks to be based on the same stylized CG techniques used on last years Paperman, a more natural and hand-drawn look to computer animation.

7. Big Cartoon Forum

Renegades of Animation: Pat Sullivan

Pat Sullivan became famous worldwide for his creation of Felix the Cat. What most animation histories gloss over is Sullivan’s checkered past and longtime standing as a wildcat renegade. He didn’t follow the rules. And he made damn sure to fully protect his intellectual properties.

The Mystery Cartoon Character Game, now with 20% more ongoing.

Discussion in 'Free-For-All' started by oneuglybunny, Mar 31, 2016.

1. emeraldisle

emeraldisle Moderator Staff Member I SUPPORT BCDB!

Obviously, you didn't read the clues carefully enough, OUB. The year given is 1963, and Jabberjaw was produced in 1976. So it isn't Bubbles. So three more clues:

4. I'm a military man.

5. My subordinate is named after an insect.

6. My creator recently kicked the bucket.
  2. emeraldisle

Can't believe no one got this. The answer is Sgt. Orville Snorkel, from "Beetle Bailey."
    • Useful Useful x 1
  3. oneuglybunny

oneuglybunny Moderator Staff Member Forum Member

Heavens to Murgatroyd, I forgot to answer this one. I saw this, went to dinner, then took an after-dinner nap and completely dropped the ball on this one. My apologies to Emerald Isle and the late, great Mort Walker.
  4. emeraldisle

Apology accepted, OUB. How about you post the next one?
  5. oneuglybunny

Okay, I can do that, and while I'm at it, I can patch a hole in the Used Character List. Yay.

1) This character began existence in literature, a book written in the 19th Century. He was adapted into animation not that long ago.

2) In the animated feature that played in theaters, this is the first character called by name. All three, in fact: prenomen - midnomen - cognomen.

3) Good news: there's no missing Mom in this film. Dad, however, is notably absent. Classic character sympathy device: subtract one parent.
  6. oneuglybunny

Intermediate clues time.

4) Though he's no Boy Scout, this character is a quick study, and really good at tying knots.

5) Another thing this character is good at: solving puzzles. It's not quite that 12-piece wooden ball puzzle, but it does come with one jim-dandy jackpot.

6) This character finds himself hanging out with a pretty rough crowd, but he manages not to succumb to their wicked ways.
  7. oneuglybunny

Cupcake clues time.

7) An author created this character originally, then Walt Disney Pictures adapted him into animation, taking gazoozles of liberties with the source material.

8) This character starts out kind of punk-ish: apathetic and troublesome. Of course, he's stuck in a dead-end place where his mother works herself ragged every day. Meaning he'll grow up to work himself ragged every day thereafter. Not much incentive to improve, y'see.

9) Amazingly, this character solves a huge problem for himself and his companions ... by changing the channel.
  8. emeraldisle

Of course! It's Jim Hawkins from "Treasure Planet!'
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. oneuglybunny

Ah, there we go. Yes, Em, this is James Pleiades Hawkins from Disney's Treasure Planet, based very, very loosely on the book Treasure Island by Robert Louis Stevenson. Another one spared from the Forgotten Pile. Good save, Emerald Isle, take control. :)
  10. emeraldisle

Thanks, OUB.. Now for another one who hasn't been done yet:

1. I live in a very unlikely abode.

2. In my first animated series, I'm described as the one who does machines.

3. My bros and I have reason to celebrate today--it's National Pizza Day!
  11. Glowworm

Glowworm Moderator Staff Member I SUPPORT BCDB!

Simple enough for a late 80s baby. It's Donatello from Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.
    • Winner Winner x 1
  12. emeraldisle

Good job, Glowworm. :). You got it. Now it's your turn to post.
  13. Glowworm

Awesome. Incidentally, there is a "Turtles" pizza place somewhere in my neck of the woods. ;)
    Here's one.
    1. I appear in an ongoing series of animations on youtube.
    2. Two of the videos were accompanied by Voltaire songs, while the third, and most recent is a Lily Allen song that I "sing" along to.
    3. I was once a human being, but by the end of the first short, became a vampire due to being possessed by the one I killed's cane.
  14. Glowworm

A little more
    4. I basically walk inside a creepy castle alone at night to read my Twilight book.
    5. Ironically enough, I draw the attention of an actual vampire who lives there.
    6. In the end of the second animation I am briefly shown planning to resurrect the vampire I killed and I successfully do it in the third animation.
  15. emeraldisle

It's no use. I can't find this one anywhere.
  16. Glowworm

Well allow me to kindly help.
    7. Look up Daria Cohen
    8. The first short was originally created in 2016--yet suddenly gained immense popularity when a Youtube algorithm caused it to randomly pop up in many peoples' recommended videos.
    9. There's definitely more to come of me and the original vampire's story as the most recent animation has a the promise "To be continued."
  17. emeraldisle

I found her, but I think I'll step aside, and let someone else answer.
  18. Glowworm

Seems you should reveal it, then, emeraldisle, as I don't think anyone else will.
  19. oneuglybunny

Agreed, I'm not all that versed in online cartoons, just the oddity here and there. Plus, I prefer not to Google / Yahoo an answer, unless it's just to get the details right.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. emeraldisle

Well, then, could it possibly be Missi?
    • Winner Winner x 1