1. Big Cartoon Forum

You WIll Need To Reset Your Password!!!

We just moved hosts on this system, and this has caused a few updates. One is the way we encode and store the encoded passwords.

Your old passwords will NOT work. You will need to reset your password. This is normal. Just click on reset password from the log in screen. Should be smooth as silk to do...

Sorry for the hassle.

Dave Koch
  2. Big Cartoon Forum

Are You Just Hanging Out?

Just lurking? Join the club, we'd love to have you in the Big Cartoon Forum! Sign up is easy- just enter your name and password.... or join using your Facebook account!

Membership has it's privileges... you can post and get your questions answered directly. But you can also join our community, and help other people with their questions, You can add to the discussion. And it's free! So join today!

Dave Koch
  3. Big Cartoon Forum

Other Side Of Maleficent

I have been looking forward to Maleficent with equal amounts of anticipation and dread. On one hand, she is easily my favorite Disney villain, so cold and so pure, and I want desperately to see more of her and her back-story. On the other hand, she is easily my favorite Disney villain, and I would hate to see her parodied, taken lightly or ultimately destroyed in a film that does not understand this great character. The good news is that this film almost gets it right; but that is also the bad news.

4. Big Cartoon Forum

BCDB Hits 150K Entries

It took a while, but we are finally here! The Big Cartoon DataBase hit the milestone of 150,000 entries earlier today with the addition of the cartoon The Polish Language. This film was added to BCDB on May 9th, 2014 at 4:23 PM.

5. Big Cartoon Forum

Warner Brings Back Animated Stone-Age Family

Funnyman Will Ferrell and partner Adam McKay are working on bringing back everyone’s favorite stone-age family. The duo’s production company Gary Sanchez Productions is in development on a new Flintstones animated feature.

6. Big Cartoon Forum

Disney To Feast In France

The follow up to Disney’s 2013 Academy Award Winning short Paperman has been announced, and it will premiere at France’s Annecy International Animated Film Festival. Titled The Feast, the short looks to be based on the same stylized CG techniques used on last years Paperman, a more natural and hand-drawn look to computer animation.

7. Big Cartoon Forum

Renegades of Animation: Pat Sullivan

Pat Sullivan became famous worldwide for his creation of Felix the Cat. What most animation histories gloss over is Sullivan’s checkered past and longtime standing as a wildcat renegade. He didn’t follow the rules. And he made damn sure to fully protect his intellectual properties.

The Mystery Cartoon Character Game, now with 20% more ongoing.

Discussion in 'Free-For-All' started by oneuglybunny, Mar 31, 2016.

1. Glowworm

Glowworm Moderator Staff Member I SUPPORT BCDB!

Yes, this is Missi from the artist Daria Cohen's animations.
    The first one is set to Voltaire's "The Night"

The second one is set to Voltaire's "Land of the Dead" Missi does not appear until the song is over and we learn that she is preparing to revive Duke. (The vampire Missi encounters and kills)

The latest one is called " Chapter 3 Resurrection" (AKA "Fuck You") It is set to Lily Allen's "Fuck You" as this time, it's Missi's turn to sing.

Truth be told, I really love Daria's animation work. It's so fluid and detailed and loads of fun to watch.
    I highly recommend checking out those videos.
  2. emeraldisle

emeraldisle Moderator Staff Member I SUPPORT BCDB!

Thanks, Glowworm. Now for a very, very, very, untapped one:

1. I'm not a cat, but a human.

2. I was first animated in 2010, and shown on TV in America in 2011.

3. You can see my big screen debut this Friday.
  3. emeraldisle

Three more clues:

4. I hail from a fictional African nation.

5. My comic book debut was in 1966.

6. I end up taking the place of my dad.
  4. oneuglybunny

oneuglybunny Moderator Staff Member Forum Member

Well, this can only be Black Panther from the Marvel Universe, but when was he animated? I'm guessing during the Gantray-Lawrence period, when that studio had Marvel's green light to animate the Fantastic Four and Spider Man series.
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. emeraldisle

Yes, OUB, it's Black Panther. Good job. :). I stated in clue 2 that he was first animated in 2010, and aired in America in 2011. Your turn now.
  6. oneuglybunny

Ah, missed that. I've got to stop buying my intellect at Wal*Mart. Anyway, here's a fellow worth a mention:

1) This character occurs in a regularly televised animated series that's no longer in production.

2) Differing from other cartoons in the same block, this character's adventures are closer to vignettes, typically introduced then concluded in less than five minutes.

3) This character is human, definitely. Some of the things he's done might qualify as superhuman, but he's really a regular fellow with irregular accomplishments.
  7. oneuglybunny

Intermediate clues time.

4) Though he doesn't play basketball, this character is a globetrotter, in that he's been in many locations around the globe. Travel broadens horizons, they say.

5) No one's calling this character a liar. However, there is a sense that his recounted adventures are heavily embellished.

6) Much like Sergeant Cosgrove from Freakazoid or Officer Crunchy from Jump Start, this character's eyes are hidden beneath big, bushy eyebrows.
  8. emeraldisle

Aha! Commander McBragg, quite.
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. oneuglybunny

Precisely, this is Commander McBragg, from The World of Commander McBragg, which is one of the bridging pieces between segments of The Underdog Show, a Total Television production. Good memory of an old standby, Em. :)
  10. emeraldisle

Thanks, OUB. Now for another one that's gone untapped until now:

1. I'm quite possibly the youngest space traveler.

2. I never go anywhere without my trusty safety pin.

3. My two allies pretend to be my toys.
  11. oneuglybunny

Oh! This one I instantly recognize. It's Fantastic Max, an infant that's normally still crib-bound, but has a robot butler toy as his Voice of Reason, and an arms-free creature with genie powers as his Call to Adventure. With these foils by his side, Max goes zooming off into the cosmos on wild adventures. Mother arrives just in time to be completely oblivious of everything. "Dirty diapers" is the closest Max comes to uttering a paint-melting expletive.
    • Winner Winner x 1
  12. emeraldisle

Yes, OUB, you nailed it. Good job. :) , You may post again.
  13. oneuglybunny

Delightful. :) Now, who've we missed? Oh, this fellow sounds like fun.

1a) This character first appears in a regularly televised animated series that's no longer in production.

1b) This character then reappeared in another regularly televised animated series by the same studio. This series is only a tangent to the first series, not a sequel or prequel.

2) If this character has a proper name, such as Alexander Aloysius Sarsaparilla, it's never mentioned. He's known only by a nickname that reflects his function, such as Speedy or Fingers.

3) This character will never lack for a bottle opener. Nor for a hand-operated drill. Nor a stethoscope. Nor an inflatable rubber raft with six paddles. And you thought Batman was Crazy Prepared.
  14. oneuglybunny

Intermediate clues time.

4) This character has nothing to do with billiards, though they share a similar feature.

5) Perhaps this character is being credited for achievements that rightly belong to his haberdasher.

6) Though first glance seems to lump this character in with organized crime, he's not very criminal. In fact, in the second series, he's solidly in the Good Guy category.
  15. emeraldisle

Can't put my finger on it, sorry to say.
  16. oneuglybunny

Cupcake clues time.

7) He's a Hanna-Barbera Studios character.

8) He routinely responds to cries for "Hay-elp! Hay-elp!"

9) He's a member in good standing of the Ant Hill Mob.
  17. emeraldisle

Aha! This can only be ever-reliable Pockets.
    • Winner Winner x 1
  18. oneuglybunny

Exactly, this is Pockets of the Ant Hill Mob. Surely his mother didn't name him that. It's a moniker reflective of his function: a Bag Of Holding that talks and participates in auto races and damsel rescues. Thanks for not letting this little guy slide into the Unguessed Heap. :)
  19. emeraldisle

You're welcome, OUB. Let's go with an easy one:

1. My reign ends early on.

2. Blame my own brother for that.

3. My son takes after me--he has no choice.
  20. emeraldisle

Either this one was harder than I thought, or this game's just gone cold. At any rate, here are three more clues:

4. I scold my son for disobedience.

5. My movie is "Hamlet" with animals.

6. Hyenas and wildebeests also play a role in my demise.