1. Big Cartoon Forum

You WIll Need To Reset Your Password!!!

We just moved hosts on this system, and this has caused a few updates. One is the way we encode and store the encoded passwords.

Your old passwords will NOT work. You will need to reset your password. This is normal. Just click on reset password from the log in screen. Should be smooth as silk to do...

Sorry for the hassle.

Dave Koch
  2. Big Cartoon Forum

Are You Just Hanging Out?

Just lurking? Join the club, we'd love to have you in the Big Cartoon Forum! Sign up is easy- just enter your name and password.... or join using your Facebook account!

Membership has it's privileges... you can post and get your questions answered directly. But you can also join our community, and help other people with their questions, You can add to the discussion. And it's free! So join today!

Dave Koch
  3. Big Cartoon Forum

Other Side Of Maleficent

I have been looking forward to Maleficent with equal amounts of anticipation and dread. On one hand, she is easily my favorite Disney villain, so cold and so pure, and I want desperately to see more of her and her back-story. On the other hand, she is easily my favorite Disney villain, and I would hate to see her parodied, taken lightly or ultimately destroyed in a film that does not understand this great character. The good news is that this film almost gets it right; but that is also the bad news.

4. Big Cartoon Forum

BCDB Hits 150K Entries

It took a while, but we are finally here! The Big Cartoon DataBase hit the milestone of 150,000 entries earlier today with the addition of the cartoon The Polish Language. This film was added to BCDB on May 9th, 2014 at 4:23 PM.

5. Big Cartoon Forum

Warner Brings Back Animated Stone-Age Family

Funnyman Will Ferrell and partner Adam McKay are working on bringing back everyone’s favorite stone-age family. The duo’s production company Gary Sanchez Productions is in development on a new Flintstones animated feature.

6. Big Cartoon Forum

Disney To Feast In France

The follow up to Disney’s 2013 Academy Award Winning short Paperman has been announced, and it will premiere at France’s Annecy International Animated Film Festival. Titled The Feast, the short looks to be based on the same stylized CG techniques used on last years Paperman, a more natural and hand-drawn look to computer animation.

7. Big Cartoon Forum

Renegades of Animation: Pat Sullivan

Pat Sullivan became famous worldwide for his creation of Felix the Cat. What most animation histories gloss over is Sullivan’s checkered past and longtime standing as a wildcat renegade. He didn’t follow the rules. And he made damn sure to fully protect his intellectual properties.

The Mystery Cartoon Character Game, now with 20% more ongoing.

Discussion in 'Free-For-All' started by oneuglybunny, Mar 31, 2016.

1. emeraldisle

emeraldisle Moderator Staff Member I SUPPORT BCDB!

Right, OUB. Lydia Deetz it is. Good job. :). You may step up now.
  2. oneuglybunny

oneuglybunny Moderator Staff Member Forum Member

Yeah, that fresh-from-the-grave look leaves me cold. Let's try a warmer girl.

1) This character has appeared only once to date in an animated feature film. She survives until the end of the story, so she could recur.

2) This character is female, but not human. Not quite. There are humans in her world, but she's not one of them.

3) She's still pretty, though. Pretty enough to be nominated as the Sexiest Cartoon Character on the old Gossamer Forum thread.
  3. oneuglybunny

Intermediate clues time.

4) This character joins three others on a quest from their lovely homeland to the ugly ruins of the villain.

5) At one point, it appears this character is a double agent who betrays her colleagues to side with the villain. She was actually Brainwashed And Crazy at the time.

6) Although she has wings, this character doesn't fly much. Her curvaceous body might be more than her small, delicate wings can support.
  4. oneuglybunny

Cupcake clues time.

7) She's a fairy, though with much more body mass than the other fairies seen.

8) A reward for the hero: she's cool with a sex romp with the victorious protagonist.

9) Ralph Bakshi helmed this one.
  5. emeraldisle

I think I finally found it. It's Ellnore, from "Wizards."
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. oneuglybunny

I think you found it, too, because this is Elinore the fairy from Wizards. She goes with the good wizard Avatar and the elf Weehawk, plus converted assassin Peace to the desolate land called Scortch [sic] to confront the wicked wizard Blackwolf. Good solving, Em. :)
  7. emeraldisle

Thanks, OUB. Now for a good, overlooked one:

1. I'm kept inside a box, and have only a brief cameo.

2. I'm an ineffectual weapon during the film's climax.

3. My voice actor once sang about something stupid with his own daughter.
  8. emeraldisle

Three more clues:

4. I'm boxed up again when the good guy hears me sing.

5. The title character of the movie is a long-eared fugitive.

6. I sing about something that's strictly taboo.
  9. oneuglybunny

Guess it's up to me to ... guess. This sounds like the Singing Sword, drawn by gumshoe Eddie Valiant from a box in Marvin Acme's warehouse. Eddie was solving the case of Who Framed Roger Rabbit for the homicide of R. K. Maroon, studio head of Maroon Cartoons. The elongated body and voice are those of Frank Sinatra, an ovulation-inducing crooner in his day. However, Singing Sword wasn't boxed up again once Eddie realized Singing Sword was useless as a weapon; he was merely flung aside in favor of a huge horseshoe magnet.
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. emeraldisle

You got it, OUB. Good job. :). You get another turn, and I'd also give you a piece of Halloween candy if I could.
  11. oneuglybunny

Aha, here's a chance to complete the set. Shame on me for leaving this Sixth Ranger out in the cold this long.

1) This character occurs in a regularly televised Saturday morning cartoon series that's no longer in production.

2) Y'know how Sandy Cheeks has that inverted fishbowl helmet? This character also dons an inverted fishbowl in one episode to breathe underwater. Which works, somehow.

3) There's no catchphrase for this character, just some schadenfreude snickering at others' misfortune.
  12. emeraldisle

Way too easy, OUB. It's Sebastian, from "Josie And The Pussycats"/"Josie And The Pussycats In Outer Space."
    • Winner Winner x 1
  13. oneuglybunny

Absolutely correct, Em. This is that magnificently snarky cat Sebastian from Josie And The Pussycats. Their first episode is "A Nemo's A No-No Affair" which sees Sebastian appropriate a fishbowl to rescue his associates from prison capsules on the sea floor. He's nothing if not loyal, since this cat didn't bother to eat the fish living in the bowl at the time.
  14. emeraldisle

Thanks, OUB. Now for one who's really been untapped until now:

1. I'm the youngest of three.

2. Even though I'm a girl, my name, all things considered, could be for a boy or a girl.

3. My big bro looks up to the title character.
  15. emeraldisle

Three more clues:

4. I live in the twelfth century.

5. I never go anywhere without my stuffed toy.

6. As young as I am, I end up in jail when my family and everyone else refuse to pay taxes.
  16. emeraldisle

Ok, cupcake clues:

7. My movie premiered exactly 45 years ago today.

8. My big bro had something stolen from him, on his birthday of all days.

9. My BFF is a turtle.
  17. oneuglybunny

Glurk, I can't remember her name, but I know precisely who this Mystery Character is. She's from Disney's Robin Hood, who comes to visit the rabbit household on Skippy's birthday. The incorrigible Sheriff of Nottingham has taken Skippy's farthing as a tax payment, leaving him with nothing but another year older. Skippy has two sister's: one's a hopeless romantic that's fixated upon marrying Robin Hood to Maid Marian. This Mystery Character is the younger sister, with the grimy plush toy and a mild speech impediment due to her youth. In desperation, I'm naming these kids Skippy, Sighy and Slurry, and Slurry's the one.
  18. emeraldisle

Actually, the youngest rabbit's name is Tagalong, but otherwise you got it right. Good job. :). The other sister's name is Sis.
  19. oneuglybunny

Dang, it took me long enough, but I think I've found a worthwhile Mystery Character.

1) This character has appeared only once to date in a feature film that's partly live-action and mostly animated. Like Roger Rabbit, but not by Touchstone Pictures.

2) Will we see this character again? Not likely, since he dies at the end of the story. Very dead, extra dead, not even bones left dead.

3) No tears for this character, though. While he lived, he was one ruthless, impatient, sadistic nasty baddie with a growing kill count.
  20. oneuglybunny

More clues time.

4) Disney has some magnificently wicked villains, I must concede that. This villainous character isn't Disney, though; he's Warner Brothers.

5) Normally, putting the touch on someone means leeching money off them. When this guy puts the touch on someone, it's fatal.

6) There are humans aplenty in this film, but this villain isn't one. Neither is the hero, for that matter. Not even the hero's newest partner.