1. Big Cartoon Forum

You WIll Need To Reset Your Password!!!

We just moved hosts on this system, and this has caused a few updates. One is the way we encode and store the encoded passwords.

Your old passwords will NOT work. You will need to reset your password. This is normal. Just click on reset password from the log in screen. Should be smooth as silk to do...

Sorry for the hassle.

Dave Koch
  2. Big Cartoon Forum

Are You Just Hanging Out?

Just lurking? Join the club, we'd love to have you in the Big Cartoon Forum! Sign up is easy- just enter your name and password.... or join using your Facebook account!

Membership has it's privileges... you can post and get your questions answered directly. But you can also join our community, and help other people with their questions, You can add to the discussion. And it's free! So join today!

Dave Koch
  3. Big Cartoon Forum

Other Side Of Maleficent

I have been looking forward to Maleficent with equal amounts of anticipation and dread. On one hand, she is easily my favorite Disney villain, so cold and so pure, and I want desperately to see more of her and her back-story. On the other hand, she is easily my favorite Disney villain, and I would hate to see her parodied, taken lightly or ultimately destroyed in a film that does not understand this great character. The good news is that this film almost gets it right; but that is also the bad news.

4. Big Cartoon Forum

BCDB Hits 150K Entries

It took a while, but we are finally here! The Big Cartoon DataBase hit the milestone of 150,000 entries earlier today with the addition of the cartoon The Polish Language. This film was added to BCDB on May 9th, 2014 at 4:23 PM.

5. Big Cartoon Forum

Warner Brings Back Animated Stone-Age Family

Funnyman Will Ferrell and partner Adam McKay are working on bringing back everyone’s favorite stone-age family. The duo’s production company Gary Sanchez Productions is in development on a new Flintstones animated feature.

6. Big Cartoon Forum

Disney To Feast In France

The follow up to Disney’s 2013 Academy Award Winning short Paperman has been announced, and it will premiere at France’s Annecy International Animated Film Festival. Titled The Feast, the short looks to be based on the same stylized CG techniques used on last years Paperman, a more natural and hand-drawn look to computer animation.

7. Big Cartoon Forum

Renegades of Animation: Pat Sullivan

Pat Sullivan became famous worldwide for his creation of Felix the Cat. What most animation histories gloss over is Sullivan’s checkered past and longtime standing as a wildcat renegade. He didn’t follow the rules. And he made damn sure to fully protect his intellectual properties.

The Mystery Cartoon Character Game, now with 20% more ongoing.

Discussion in 'Free-For-All' started by oneuglybunny, Mar 31, 2016.

1. saltyboot

saltyboot A Moderating Moderator Staff Member Forum Member

Ok, it's Joshua the camel from The Little Drummer Boy.
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. emeraldisle

emeraldisle Moderator Staff Member I SUPPORT BCDB!

Good job, Saltyboot. :). You nailed it. Now you may step up once again.
  3. saltyboot

Great! But I can't put a character together until next week. So if someone would like to post something, be my guest.
    If no one posts this weekend, then I'll come up with something.
  4. saltyboot

Hi, I've been really busy and haven't had any time to put together a character. So anyone is welcome to post something in my place.
  5. emeraldisle

Just checked the alphabetical list, so I can post this one, who, surprisingly, has been completely untapped:

1. I've been animated on and off since 1967.

2. I inhabit a specific location on Earth.

3. Currently, I can be seen in a live action movie that's been number one for the past two weeks.
    • Like Like x 1
  6. emeraldisle

Three more clues:

4. I have a wife who was first animated along with me.

5. I have my own way of calling for backup.

6. Beginning in 1973, I joined forces with others.
  7. emeraldisle

Can't believe this one is so hard to figure out. Here are the last three clues:

7. I'm a sea dweller.

8. Nearby is a lost continent immortalized in a song by Donovan, a few animated series besides mine, and a Disney movie.

9. My fellow crimebusters include a young boy and a walrus.
  8. oneuglybunny

oneuglybunny Moderator Staff Member Forum Member

Well, since no one else wants this one, I'll swing at it. This is Aquaman, one of the heroes of DC Comics. Aquaman made an occasional appearance in Hanna-Barbera's The Super Friends series, and later had his own animated series, mentoring two junior merfolk while thwarting various briny villains. According to DC lore, Aquaman hacked off his right arm in order to free himself in time to save his son from a wicked foe. He's got a golden hook in its place, and he Grew The Beard, literally, because slugging baddies in person feels more satisfying than having nearby fish do it.
  9. emeraldisle

OUB, you got it. Good job. :). You may step up once again.
  10. oneuglybunny

Weekends get busy for me. Actually, busy for the wife, who ropes me in on her busy-ness. But working on the half-a-mom theme ...

1) This character appears only once to date in a completely animated feature film. We may presume that this character survives to the end of the story, though there's no way currently to ascertain that. Let's hope for the best.

2) Remember Momma from Cow And Chicken, being nothing more than a pair of legs and an abdomen? Well, this character is seen without a head, though she presumably has one. The camera is more focused upon her son, so her face is lost in the framing.

3) This character is not human. Close, though: she lives in a house (or apartment), wears clothes, raises her son, all the usual human motherly stuff, but without the human part.
  11. oneuglybunny

Intermediate clues time.

4) Her son describes her as living modestly, and being thrifty by necessity. Nevertheless, she's able to give her son his heart's desire.

5) Here's a curious case: the early drafts for this film have this characters' husband appearing. Somehow, this fellow got sidelined, leaving this character appearing to raise her son alone.

6) Disney used to be known for Missing Mom syndrome; here, Disney is going for Disappeared Dad. In un-fairness, though, Mom doesn't get much screen time.
  12. oneuglybunny

Cupcake clues time.

7) This character is a creation of Walt Disney Pictures.

8) The audience sees very little of this character, and what is seen is actually a mirror image. The top of the mirror is level with her neck, so her face goes unseen.

9) Her son is destined for a career in law enforcement. She surely must be one proud mother.
  13. Glowworm

Glowworm Moderator Staff Member I SUPPORT BCDB!

Aha! This is Nick Wilde's mother from Zootopia. Nick really wanted to be a Junior Ranger Scout, and his mother, bless her heart managed to get him that uniform.
    She's only known as Mrs. Wilde--no first name.
    Co-director Rich Moore does confirm that she's still alive and living in the same apartment after all those years.
    • Winner Winner x 1
  14. oneuglybunny

Absolutely, Mrs. Wilde, mother of Nick, is precisely who this Mystery Character is. "Scrimped and saved" to get Nick that Junior Ranger Scout uniform. That kind of altruism and sacrifice is likely why Nick does no worse that skirt the law, and why his "evil meter" sounded an alarm when Chief Bogo demanded Judy's badge in Zootopia's Rainforest District. Nick might tease and torment Judy, but crushing her aspirations like that goes beyond his tolerance point. Bravo, mother Wilde, you've raised a fine son. Good answer, Glowworm, you're up now. :)
  15. Glowworm

Glad I could catch that one before it disappeared.
    Anyhow, let's do this one.
    1. I'm a memorable character in a movie--and yet, ironically enough, I am forgotten.
    2. I am reluctant to allow my friend to borrow my guitar as he has borrowed many things from me before that he's never returned.
    3. Sadly enough, he's never going to be returning it to me either.
  16. Glowworm

More clues
    4. Technically I don't exactly "die" as I'm already dead--but I am gone from the world a second time, this time for good.
    5. I realize I am going, so in return for the guitar, my friend has to play my favorite song for me.
    6. It's a rather bawdy song, and there is a kid present, so some lyrics have to be changed, much to my dismay.
  17. Glowworm

7. My guitar is needed by a young aspiring musician who is trapped in the land of the dead.
    8. My friend is also in grave danger of being forgotten forever, as the only one who remembers him who is still alive is starting to forget.
    10. "and her--knuckles, they drag on the floor."
  18. emeraldisle

Well, I knew it all along. The answer is Hector, from "Coco."
    • Funny Funny x 1
  19. Glowworm

Wrong, it's not Hector! Right movie, wrong character!
    • Like Like x 1
  20. Glowworm

If someone knows it, kiss and tell. If not, by tomorrow evening I will reveal it.