1. Big Cartoon Forum

You WIll Need To Reset Your Password!!!

We just moved hosts on this system, and this has caused a few updates. One is the way we encode and store the encoded passwords.

Your old passwords will NOT work. You will need to reset your password. This is normal. Just click on reset password from the log in screen. Should be smooth as silk to do...

Sorry for the hassle.

Dave Koch
  2. Big Cartoon Forum

Are You Just Hanging Out?

Just lurking? Join the club, we'd love to have you in the Big Cartoon Forum! Sign up is easy- just enter your name and password.... or join using your Facebook account!

Membership has it's privileges... you can post and get your questions answered directly. But you can also join our community, and help other people with their questions, You can add to the discussion. And it's free! So join today!

Dave Koch
  3. Big Cartoon Forum

Other Side Of Maleficent

I have been looking forward to Maleficent with equal amounts of anticipation and dread. On one hand, she is easily my favorite Disney villain, so cold and so pure, and I want desperately to see more of her and her back-story. On the other hand, she is easily my favorite Disney villain, and I would hate to see her parodied, taken lightly or ultimately destroyed in a film that does not understand this great character. The good news is that this film almost gets it right; but that is also the bad news.

4. Big Cartoon Forum

BCDB Hits 150K Entries

It took a while, but we are finally here! The Big Cartoon DataBase hit the milestone of 150,000 entries earlier today with the addition of the cartoon The Polish Language. This film was added to BCDB on May 9th, 2014 at 4:23 PM.

5. Big Cartoon Forum

Warner Brings Back Animated Stone-Age Family

Funnyman Will Ferrell and partner Adam McKay are working on bringing back everyone’s favorite stone-age family. The duo’s production company Gary Sanchez Productions is in development on a new Flintstones animated feature.

6. Big Cartoon Forum

Disney To Feast In France

The follow up to Disney’s 2013 Academy Award Winning short Paperman has been announced, and it will premiere at France’s Annecy International Animated Film Festival. Titled The Feast, the short looks to be based on the same stylized CG techniques used on last years Paperman, a more natural and hand-drawn look to computer animation.

7. Big Cartoon Forum

Renegades of Animation: Pat Sullivan

Pat Sullivan became famous worldwide for his creation of Felix the Cat. What most animation histories gloss over is Sullivan’s checkered past and longtime standing as a wildcat renegade. He didn’t follow the rules. And he made damn sure to fully protect his intellectual properties.

The Mystery Cartoon Character Game, now with 20% more ongoing.

Discussion in 'Free-For-All' started by oneuglybunny, Mar 31, 2016.

1. emeraldisle

emeraldisle Moderator Staff Member I SUPPORT BCDB!

I do have the answer, but I'll wait a bit to see if someone else gets it. If no one gets it in 24 hours, I'll post it.
  2. emeraldisle

Well, can't let this guy go unguessed. It's Harry Boyle, from "Wait Till Your Father Gets Home."
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. oneuglybunny

oneuglybunny Moderator Staff Member Forum Member

Yes, this is Harry Boyle, the father whom everyone (Irma, Chet, Alice and Jamie) waits for at home. Thanks for not leaving poor Harry out in the cold, Em. :)
  4. emeraldisle

Thanks, OUB. Now for another one who doesn't deserve to be left out in the cold:

1. I play the role of overprotective mother to the hilt.

2. I'm not killed by humans, just imprisoned.

3. In both the animated and the upcoming live action films, I'm able to see my baby soar to new heights.
  5. emeraldisle

Three more clues that should clear this one up:

4. My "crime" is taking my anger out on a human boy.

5. My little one is born on a train.

6. His BFF is a rodent.
  6. emeraldisle

Hope these last three clues will get an answer:

7, My movie goes all the way back to 1941.

8. My son and his buddy meet crows.

9. The other pachyderms hate my boy's ears.
  7. saltyboot

saltyboot A Moderating Moderator Staff Member Forum Member

Oh, of course! It's Mrs Jumbo. Dumbo's mom.
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. oneuglybunny

Thanks for getting that, Salty. I didn't want to go around hogging these up. :)
  9. emeraldisle

Right again, Salty. Good job. :). Now it's your turn, once again.
  10. saltyboot

Great!

I’m a crooked politician.
    Even if you’re dead, you can still vote for me.
    I share my name with a Disney character.
  11. oneuglybunny

Hah, I recognize this fellow: Honest John from An American Tail by Sullivan Bluth Studios Ireland Limited. He's first seen at a wake, lamenting that the poor young mouse never got the chance to vote. "Well," John avers, "he'll vote from now on," as he adds the deceased's name to a book of "ghost votes." These were legitimate voters who died, but somehow still manage to cast absentee ballots from beyond the grave. Which is actually how things were done back then.
    • Winner Winner x 1
  12. saltyboot

Yes OUB, that's exactly right! And now, you're up.
    [thumbup]
  13. oneuglybunny

Sweet. :) So, we're into weasely politicians, eh? Got that one covered.

1) This crooked politician appears only once to date in an animated feature film. He survives to the end of the story.

2) This fellow was elected as the Chief Executive Officer for his domain, which is sizable compared to the character himself.

3) Most of this character's management involves poorly-thought-out band-aid solutions to mounting community problems.
  14. emeraldisle

I haven't been able to figure this one out for the past two weeks.
  15. oneuglybunny

Oops, lost track of this one. Good of you to jiggle my rusty innards. :wacky: :bag:

4) One of this character's "solutions" inadvertently brings in a new character that will partner with the title character.

5) This is one of those cases where "celebrites" were brought in to supply character voices. This character's voice actor is also a celebrity, though he's hammy enough to portray this arrogant, narcissist character nicely.

6) Now, at this point, I should indicate whether this character is human or non-human. In this case, it's a judgment call: he's not completely human, just one part of a human being. One among trillions, actually.
  16. Glowworm

Glowworm Moderator Staff Member I SUPPORT BCDB!

I think this is Mayor Plemming from Osmosis Jones, voiced by William Shatner. However, I think he actually does die by the end of this film. Let's just say he was "Shatnered" out!:happy:
    • Winner Winner x 1
  17. oneuglybunny

Correct, this is Mayor Phlegming from Osmosis Jones, the Mayor of Frank (Bill Murray). Brilliant pun, by the way. :cool: :shame: We don't actually see Phlegming die, and we know that Ozzy can survive for a while outside Frank's body, so ... he's a goner, just not before the film credits roll. Good going, Glow, take it away!
  18. Glowworm

Thanks for enjoying my pun! It's strange though, I've never even seen this movie, but I always guess correctly when a character from it is put up.
    Anyhow, let's do this one.
    1. I'm a one shot character who's motive is to drain a powerful warlock of his powers before midnight.
    2. The name of the episode I'm in is a play on words from a lyric from a Classics IV song.
    3. My powers include a trance of love that works on any warlock--but only on Friday the 13th. Thank goodness-that happens to be that very day.
  19. emeraldisle

Thanks for picking such an easy one. It's Nekara, from "The 13 Ghosts Of Scooby-Doo" episode "A Spooky Little Ghoul Like You."
    • Winner Winner x 1
  20. Glowworm

Funny what people consider to be easy, but yes, this is Nekara from "The 13 Ghosts of Scooby-Doo" episode "A Spooky Little Ghoul Like You."
    Amusingly enough, after all these years a direct to DVD movie came out offering a wrap up on this series called "Scooby Doo and the Curse of the 13th Ghost." Sadly, I've heard it's rather disappointing and that the "ghost" in question actually turns out to be just another guy in a costume--what a disappointment!