1. Big Cartoon Forum

You WIll Need To Reset Your Password!!!

We just moved hosts on this system, and this has caused a few updates. One is the way we encode and store the encoded passwords.

Your old passwords will NOT work. You will need to reset your password. This is normal. Just click on reset password from the log in screen. Should be smooth as silk to do...

Sorry for the hassle.

Dave Koch
  2. Big Cartoon Forum

Are You Just Hanging Out?

Just lurking? Join the club, we'd love to have you in the Big Cartoon Forum! Sign up is easy- just enter your name and password.... or join using your Facebook account!

Membership has it's privileges... you can post and get your questions answered directly. But you can also join our community, and help other people with their questions, You can add to the discussion. And it's free! So join today!

Dave Koch
  3. Big Cartoon Forum

Other Side Of Maleficent

I have been looking forward to Maleficent with equal amounts of anticipation and dread. On one hand, she is easily my favorite Disney villain, so cold and so pure, and I want desperately to see more of her and her back-story. On the other hand, she is easily my favorite Disney villain, and I would hate to see her parodied, taken lightly or ultimately destroyed in a film that does not understand this great character. The good news is that this film almost gets it right; but that is also the bad news.

4. Big Cartoon Forum

BCDB Hits 150K Entries

It took a while, but we are finally here! The Big Cartoon DataBase hit the milestone of 150,000 entries earlier today with the addition of the cartoon The Polish Language. This film was added to BCDB on May 9th, 2014 at 4:23 PM.

5. Big Cartoon Forum

Warner Brings Back Animated Stone-Age Family

Funnyman Will Ferrell and partner Adam McKay are working on bringing back everyone’s favorite stone-age family. The duo’s production company Gary Sanchez Productions is in development on a new Flintstones animated feature.

6. Big Cartoon Forum

Disney To Feast In France

The follow up to Disney’s 2013 Academy Award Winning short Paperman has been announced, and it will premiere at France’s Annecy International Animated Film Festival. Titled The Feast, the short looks to be based on the same stylized CG techniques used on last years Paperman, a more natural and hand-drawn look to computer animation.

7. Big Cartoon Forum

Renegades of Animation: Pat Sullivan

Pat Sullivan became famous worldwide for his creation of Felix the Cat. What most animation histories gloss over is Sullivan’s checkered past and longtime standing as a wildcat renegade. He didn’t follow the rules. And he made damn sure to fully protect his intellectual properties.

The Mystery Cartoon Character Game, ongoing-ier.

Discussion in 'Free-For-All' started by oneuglybunny, Dec 31, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. oneuglybunny

oneuglybunny Moderator Staff Member Forum Member

Drat, my head won't lock in on any leprechauns or other notable Irish characters. Yes, there's one that comes to mind, but he's almost an afterthought to the main character. Nope, I must dig into more mainstream media. Okay, these two will do.

1) These two characters have appeared only once, in a single episode from one of the Disney Afternoon cartoon series. It has to be the two, because they're never seen apart, functioning almost as two bodies under a single mind.

2) These two characters are not human. Not even close. They speak to each other, but not to any other characters in the cartoon.

3) Of course, this episode has a designated villain. He's the Boss, and is called such. The Boss has a manservant as his right-hand man. When these two human characters can't defeat the heroes, it is these two reptiles that are summoned to address the problem.
  2. emeraldisle

emeraldisle Moderator Staff Member I SUPPORT BCDB!

Never Actually saw any DA series, so I'm stumped. Someone else here probably has seen these characters.
  3. FluidGirl

FluidGirl Moderator Staff Member Forum Member New Member

Hmmm. I grew up with the Disney Afternoon, but I just can't place this one.
  4. oneuglybunny

Well, perhaps I can help FluidGirl or any others herein to home in on this pair of characters.

4) Since they're such a pair, their names rhyme. In fact, their names differ only by the first letter.

5) Unusual for a Disney Television production, these characters are almost naked. Almost: each one has a Nice Hat.

5+) Now for a real surprise, these two characters get even more naked. Better than being killed or seriously hurt, certainly. Nonetheless, there they lie, bare down to the skin. Barbie Doll Anatomy keeps the episode from slipping into burlesque.

6) If the heroes weren't so inventive and resourceful, they'd be victims to these vicious characters, since that's how things work in Real Life. However, the heroes came prepared for combat, and successfully weaponize a vacuum cleaner on these two antagonists.
  5. emeraldisle

Still don't have it. This takes a lot of research.
  6. FluidGirl

Nope, I still don't have it. Sorry.
  7. saltyboot

saltyboot A Moderating Moderator Staff Member Forum Member

I'm having a hard time finding a reptile duo. I'll have to do more research later.
  8. Glowworm

Glowworm Moderator Staff Member I SUPPORT BCDB!

Been searching through some Disney Afternoon shows for a reptile duo with no luck.
  9. oneuglybunny

Oh no yous don't. I ain't no Michael Jordan, looking for a three-peat. I got one unguessed because I overfocused on the outfit and not enough on the voice actor. The second happened because I just happened to pick a cute little obscure secondary character, which will happen <1% of the time. But not here, no no no no no. We're gonna get this one, because you don't want me angry ...

7) These two characters are birds. Avians to a taxonomist. They count as reptiles; just look at their feet. It's said that the great, great, great ... great, great grandchild of Tyrannosaurus Rex is the common barnyard chicken. Wow, Fate is cruel.

8) Predatory birds like to swoop down upon rodents like rats, mice, squirrels and chipmunks. Which would mean the main characters are menu items to these two flying raptors.

9) Go rrumaging through your rrecordings for season one, episode ten, ya boobies, and you'll find eggsactly the pair I'm talking about.
  10. saltyboot

Hooold it. This is Cruiser and Bruiser from Chip 'n Dale Rescue Rangers. The episode is "Three Men and a Booby."

They are both hawks.
    One wears a red helmet and the other wears blue.
    Their boss is Mr. Dumpty, who stole an egg from a Booby Bird.
    When the rangers took back the egg and ran off, the duo was sent after them.
    Since they are predators, Chip and Dale would make good eatin'.
    In the end, they get sucked into the vacuum and it exploded. Leaving them without feathers.
    Last edited: Mar 19, 2015
    • Winner Winner x 1
  11. FluidGirl

I was going to guess them, actually, but I was focusing on reptiles, not birds!
  12. oneuglybunny

Thank you, SaltyBoot, I was beginning to wonder if the Disney Afternoon library of cartoons had become "eeuw" or something. Yes, these are Cruiser and Bruiser from the Chip 'n' Dale's Rescue Rangers episode "Three Men And A Booby." And birds are reptiles. Honest and for true. Current science believes that Archeopteryx was only the first of many dinosaurs that took to growing feathers and learning to ride the wind. "Hey, guys: look at what Bob's doing! That looks like fun!" But I digress; SaltyBoot has identified these Mystery CHaracters precisely, adding another fresh +1, and control of the board. Well done. :D
  13. saltyboot

Thanks OUB. I got a character all ready to go.

I was put on guard duty.
    It didn't work out well.
    Before I knew it, there was a party going on.
  14. emeraldisle

Can't figure this one out. I don't even think I've seen this cartoon.
  15. Glowworm

Perhaps the young son from "The Night Watchman?"

Also, OneUglyBunny, you made me laugh at "Hey, guys: look at what Bob's doing! That looks like fun!"--that would make a great comic.
    • Winner Winner x 1
  16. FluidGirl

I don't know Salty's character, but I have one thing to say. I don't doubt that birds are reptiles, but you have to consider one thing. Some of us here on the board happen to take things literally. When you say reptile, I think snakes, lizards, turtles, etc. Bird does not automatically come to mind.
    • Agree Agree x 2
  17. saltyboot

That's right Glowworm, it's the son from "The Night Watchman." His name is Tommy. His dad was sick and he was sent to watch the kitchen. When the mice came out, a party started.
  18. Glowworm

I forgot that the little guy had a name. Truth be told, I hardly ever saw this short on tv, and the one time I did, only a little bit of it. However, I eventually did see the entire short thanks to the Looney Tunes Golden Collection Volume 4. Honestly, it's not my favorite short, it's a little too dull and cutesy for my liking.

Anyhow, here we go.

1. I am an online character, from the same person who was responsible for another series involving a couple of unicorns.
    2. My roommate/buddy is always annoyed by my antics and is constantly shouting my name.
    3. Maybe it's because I just happen to be a sociopathic maniac.
  19. emeraldisle

Just checked a list of all online animated series, and couldn't find any characters to match the clues.
  20. Glowworm

4. True to the title of our shorts, we are animals who wear a certain article of clothing.
    5. Despite my roomate's hat, he's actually a guy.
    6. In the first episode, I violently stabbed a man, and devoured his upper limbs.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.