1. Big Cartoon Forum

You WIll Need To Reset Your Password!!!

We just moved hosts on this system, and this has caused a few updates. One is the way we encode and store the encoded passwords.

Your old passwords will NOT work. You will need to reset your password. This is normal. Just click on reset password from the log in screen. Should be smooth as silk to do...

Sorry for the hassle.

Dave Koch
  2. Big Cartoon Forum

Are You Just Hanging Out?

Just lurking? Join the club, we'd love to have you in the Big Cartoon Forum! Sign up is easy- just enter your name and password.... or join using your Facebook account!

Membership has it's privileges... you can post and get your questions answered directly. But you can also join our community, and help other people with their questions, You can add to the discussion. And it's free! So join today!

Dave Koch
  3. Big Cartoon Forum

Other Side Of Maleficent

I have been looking forward to Maleficent with equal amounts of anticipation and dread. On one hand, she is easily my favorite Disney villain, so cold and so pure, and I want desperately to see more of her and her back-story. On the other hand, she is easily my favorite Disney villain, and I would hate to see her parodied, taken lightly or ultimately destroyed in a film that does not understand this great character. The good news is that this film almost gets it right; but that is also the bad news.

4. Big Cartoon Forum

BCDB Hits 150K Entries

It took a while, but we are finally here! The Big Cartoon DataBase hit the milestone of 150,000 entries earlier today with the addition of the cartoon The Polish Language. This film was added to BCDB on May 9th, 2014 at 4:23 PM.

5. Big Cartoon Forum

Warner Brings Back Animated Stone-Age Family

Funnyman Will Ferrell and partner Adam McKay are working on bringing back everyone’s favorite stone-age family. The duo’s production company Gary Sanchez Productions is in development on a new Flintstones animated feature.

6. Big Cartoon Forum

Disney To Feast In France

The follow up to Disney’s 2013 Academy Award Winning short Paperman has been announced, and it will premiere at France’s Annecy International Animated Film Festival. Titled The Feast, the short looks to be based on the same stylized CG techniques used on last years Paperman, a more natural and hand-drawn look to computer animation.

7. Big Cartoon Forum

Renegades of Animation: Pat Sullivan

Pat Sullivan became famous worldwide for his creation of Felix the Cat. What most animation histories gloss over is Sullivan’s checkered past and longtime standing as a wildcat renegade. He didn’t follow the rules. And he made damn sure to fully protect his intellectual properties.

The Mystery Cartoon Character Game, ongoing-ier.

Discussion in 'Free-For-All' started by oneuglybunny, Dec 31, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Glowworm

Glowworm Moderator Staff Member I SUPPORT BCDB!

4. For the most part, we explore a particular kind of fairy tale--although later on, others from different sources were added.
    5. That kind of interfered with the title--which basically referred to that one type of fairy tale in particular.
    6. Although we are definitely animals--judging from the introduction, we're actually stuffed animals that come to life to go on adventures.
  2. emeraldisle

emeraldisle Moderator Staff Member I SUPPORT BCDB!

I've looked up stuffed animals, Flying books, etc, and can't come up with anything.
  3. Glowworm

I think this might do it.
    7. The fairy tales in question those written down by two brothers.
    8. While there are some rather well known tales explored such as Sleeping Beauty, Snow White and Little Red Riding Hood, some lesser known tales are also visited such as Bearskin, Brother and Sister, and Mother Holle.
    9. One word--Simsala.
    Last edited: Sep 9, 2015
  4. emeraldisle

Just found them now. It's Yoyo and Doc Croc from Simsala Grimm.
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. Glowworm

Yeah, sorry for the hunt there--but sometimes I have an enjoyment for lesser known things. Yeah, it's Doc Croc and Yo Yo from Simsala Grimm--a German television series. There is an English dubbed version as well, and I do admit, I have two dvds that feature two fairy tales on each one that I got in a bargain bin at Toys R Us.

1. The two are a duo.
    2. Doc Croc and Yo Yo travel into different fairy tales on a flying book.
    3. Yo Yo is the greatest adventurer since, well ever, while Doc Croc usually introduces himself as "Scholar, philosopher and virtuoso,etc, etc" but will usually get cut off by either Yo Yo or another character in the tale.
    4. In the first and second seasons--Grimm fairy tales are mainly used (There is an omitted version of Puss in Boots by Grimm so it does count)--however, by the third season, tales that clearly weren't by Grimm were being used as well, such as the Three Little Pigs, Pinocchio, and The Little Mermaid.
    5. If it's called Simsala Grimm, why are we even getting tales that aren't theirs?
    6. In the introduction--Yo Yo--some sort of furry mammal, and Doc Croc, a striped lizard of sorts are seen as stuffed animals who magically come to life to go on fairy tale adventures.
    7. The tales are obviously by the Brothers Grimm.
    8. I quite enjoy that this series took on some lesser known Grimm tales as well as the classic ones.
    9. Yeah, I knew that if one looked up the word "Simsala" this series would easily come up.
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  6. emeraldisle

Thanks, Glowworm. Now for one I truly know all about:

1. I appear in two episodes.

2. In my first appearance, I usurp the human ruler.

3. In my second and final appearance, I make one of a trio just like me, but then become a good human.
  7. emeraldisle

Three more clues, and no more after this:

4. I'm only two years old, but I'm by no means a toddler.

5. I'm not programmed to understand my planet's language.

6. I build a machine designed to eradicate humans, and use one of my own kind as a test subject--his wiring was obsolete.
  8. saltyboot

saltyboot A Moderating Moderator Staff Member Forum Member

I don't know. I'll need to do more research.
  9. emeraldisle

Well, no one got it, so here's the answer: Computron, from "The Galaxy Trio."

1. He was seen in the episodes "Revolt Of The Robots," and "Computron Lives."

2. In his first appearance, he overthrew and enslaved Emperor Kalex.

3. He turned Vaporman into a robot, and then, after being zapped by a ray, changed into a human, and went straight.

4. All robots on Orbus 4 were merely two years old.

5. Vaporman stated that the robots weren't programmed to understand Orbic, which was why Kalex sent an SOS in ancient Orbic.

6. Computron built a machine capable of destroying humans, but used an outdated robot as a test subject.

So that I may observe the anniversary of 9/11, I pass my turn to anyone who wants it.
  10. emeraldisle

Guess everyone decided not to post a new mystery character for the same reason I did. So here I go again:

1. I'm a four-legged version of an infamous pickpocket.

2. I live in New York City, not London.

3. My voice actor is a piano man who loves you just the way you are.
  11. oneuglybunny

oneuglybunny Moderator Staff Member Forum Member

This one I can spot in a New York minute: Dodger, modeled roughly after Charles Dickens' Artful Dodger, voiced by Billy Joel in Disney's Oliver and Company.
    • Winner Winner x 1
  12. emeraldisle

Yes, OUB, that's just who it is, and for all the reasons you provided. So you get another turn. Good job. :)
  13. oneuglybunny

Nifty. I'll be right back with a new Mystery Character right after dinner. :)

And now that's m' belly's full, I'm a-pickin' a new MC:

1) This character has appeared only once in a partially-animated feature film. Yes, some real live people show up in this one, but they are outnumbered by the Toonies.

2) This character is one member of a team sent on a Fetch Quest, and is the spokes-character for his group. He's actually given a microphone for the purpose.

3) Odd fact: this character is never called by name in the film. The audience has to learn his name by reading the rolling credits, or by visiting the film's website. His principal adversary calls him "Shorty" once, however.
    Last edited: Sep 13, 2015
  14. emeraldisle

I haven't a single clue. Sorry.
  15. oneuglybunny

*splutter* I gave out three clues less than a day ago. Do those not count somehow? Fine, here are some "clues:"

4) This character is not human. Nope. Not even an Earthling, for that matter. Speaks English just fine, though.

5) A Bad Guy, definitely, right up until the very end. Reckless driving, kidnapping, menacing with a firearm, unlawful entry, unwarranted seizure, battery, taunting ... ain't met a rule he can't break.

6) Here's a real indicator of his personality: this character has an affinity for Charles Barkley. He's marinated in badness.
  16. emeraldisle

The latest clues indicate it's someone from "Space Jam," but I can't find the right character.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. Glowworm

This would be Pound the orange Nerdluck/Monstar-(please don't ask how I know all of their names--I just do.) from Space Jam. I am going to be busy due to Rosh Hashana though. So once again, I'm afraid I can't take this turn.
    • Winner Winner x 1
  18. oneuglybunny

Correct-amundo, this is Pound from Space Jam. And I know why you know the Monstars so well: you once admitted on the old Forum that you had a crush on Blanko, the towering blue Monstar. "We have been playing really hard." Just out of curiosity, was he anywhere near as appealing in his nerdluck form? "Are we there yet?"

Just to recap:
    Pound = team captain = orange = stole the talent of Charles Barkley
    Bupkus = team Lancer = purple = stole the talent of Larry Johnson
    Bang = the Big Guy = green = stole the talent of Patrick Ewing
    Nawt = the Speedster = red = stole the talent of Muggsy Bogues
    Blanko = the Cuckoo = blue = stole the talent of Shawn Bradley

Though the movie came out in November 1996, and its tie-in website went online in early 1998, it has gone unchanged since then, only moving once to an archive section of the Warner Brothers' server ... where its still running to date. I hope I'm still that good after thirty years. In the meantime, I'll add a +1 to Glowworm's total, and let whoever wants to get quizzy go ahead and toss one up. :)
  19. Glowworm

Oh geez, I still feel embarrassed over that--despite having seen even stranger cartoon crushes on the internet. (Frollo, anyone? :rolleyes:) Strangely enough, I preferred him in his Monstar form. I always did have a laugh when he scared Porky, and sniffed his armpit later on when Swackhammer literally sniffs out Stan( Wayne Knight's character.) as a child. In all honesty, I am not a sports person and merely watched this movie for the Looney Tunes' aspect.
    • Funny Funny x 1
  20. emeraldisle

Ok, guess I'll get quizzy now.

1. Due to a curse, I literally go to pot.

2. I have a young son who shares his name with another character from my studio.

3. My voice actress starred in a live action/animated film from my studio, and later went on to write murder.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.