1. Big Cartoon Forum

You WIll Need To Reset Your Password!!!

We just moved hosts on this system, and this has caused a few updates. One is the way we encode and store the encoded passwords.

Your old passwords will NOT work. You will need to reset your password. This is normal. Just click on reset password from the log in screen. Should be smooth as silk to do...

Sorry for the hassle.

Dave Koch
  2. Big Cartoon Forum

Are You Just Hanging Out?

Just lurking? Join the club, we'd love to have you in the Big Cartoon Forum! Sign up is easy- just enter your name and password.... or join using your Facebook account!

Membership has it's privileges... you can post and get your questions answered directly. But you can also join our community, and help other people with their questions, You can add to the discussion. And it's free! So join today!

Dave Koch
  3. Big Cartoon Forum

Other Side Of Maleficent

I have been looking forward to Maleficent with equal amounts of anticipation and dread. On one hand, she is easily my favorite Disney villain, so cold and so pure, and I want desperately to see more of her and her back-story. On the other hand, she is easily my favorite Disney villain, and I would hate to see her parodied, taken lightly or ultimately destroyed in a film that does not understand this great character. The good news is that this film almost gets it right; but that is also the bad news.

4. Big Cartoon Forum

BCDB Hits 150K Entries

It took a while, but we are finally here! The Big Cartoon DataBase hit the milestone of 150,000 entries earlier today with the addition of the cartoon The Polish Language. This film was added to BCDB on May 9th, 2014 at 4:23 PM.

5. Big Cartoon Forum

Warner Brings Back Animated Stone-Age Family

Funnyman Will Ferrell and partner Adam McKay are working on bringing back everyone’s favorite stone-age family. The duo’s production company Gary Sanchez Productions is in development on a new Flintstones animated feature.

6. Big Cartoon Forum

Disney To Feast In France

The follow up to Disney’s 2013 Academy Award Winning short Paperman has been announced, and it will premiere at France’s Annecy International Animated Film Festival. Titled The Feast, the short looks to be based on the same stylized CG techniques used on last years Paperman, a more natural and hand-drawn look to computer animation.

7. Big Cartoon Forum

Renegades of Animation: Pat Sullivan

Pat Sullivan became famous worldwide for his creation of Felix the Cat. What most animation histories gloss over is Sullivan’s checkered past and longtime standing as a wildcat renegade. He didn’t follow the rules. And he made damn sure to fully protect his intellectual properties.

The Mystery Cartoon Character Game, ongoing-ier.

Discussion in 'Free-For-All' started by oneuglybunny, Dec 31, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. emeraldisle

emeraldisle Moderator Staff Member I SUPPORT BCDB!

Thanks, Pete. Now I've got one that's probably easy.

1. I keep"dragons" on my island estate.

2. The largest of these I put in pits.

3. Like many other bad guys in the series, I get what I deserve at the end of the episode.
  2. oneuglybunny

oneuglybunny Moderator Staff Member Forum Member

Oh, I recognize the obsessive Doctor Ashida from the original Jonny Quest series. He may have been a leading geneticist at one time, but once he created his "Ashida dragons" from modified Tobora lizards, he took on a god complex, which ... never ends well.
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. emeraldisle

OUB, you nailed it again. Of course, he was tossed to the "dragons" by Sumi, who was fed up with all the beatings Ashida gave him. What happened when he landed in the pit is anyone's guess.

So you go again. Good job. :)
  4. oneuglybunny

Oh, I'd imagine Doctor Ashida meeting the same fate as Doctor Moreau: when given the choice between worshiping their creator and feeding their bellies, animals tend to forgo the former.

Let's brighten things by having me choose a cute animated girl as the next Mystery Character.

1) This character has appeared only once to date in an animated feature film. She does not occur anywhere else in the franchise so far.

2) Like Doctor Ashida, this character is a scientist, and not a mad one, either. She's doing science to save the Earth, not to rule it.

3) Good news: she succeeds in making the world safe again. Bad news: her boyfriend dies in her lap. Oh well, one for two.
  5. emeraldisle

Haven't been able to find the answer.
  6. oneuglybunny

Oh, then I'd better make this scientist more findable.

4) Can't let Pixar have all the fun: this is one of those CGI features, but not from Pixar. Of course, they touted their work as the newest and bestest thing evah.

5) It's bad enough having to sneak around trying to gather the right ingredients for a win-cake while dangerous aliens go slinking around unchecked. No, no, it's so much worse for this character when another human male marginalizes her, in effect declaring, "Go invent a baby or something, Doc. Let a real war horse handle this."

6) Oh, that boyfriend from Clue #3? He's part of an elite strike team called "Deep Eyes." Must be a dreamboat to qualify, apparently.
  7. emeraldisle

Well, after those last three clues, it didn't take long to find the answer. It's Aki Ross, from "Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within."
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. oneuglybunny

Yes, this is Doctor Aki Ross from Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within. Doc Ross is nowhere to be found in Squaresoft's Final Fantasy video game series. At the time, Square Pictures touted this production as the utmost in rendering. Well, yes, they did give Doc Ross better hair, but she still has that lifeless sex-doll expression. She's opposed by General Hein, who's so incompetent that he couldn't lead a thirsty horse to water.

I'll tack on your newest +1, congratulate you on your 350th Mystery Character queried, and let you have control of the board. :)

How's the cruise, by the way? :cool:
  9. emeraldisle

I haven't left on it yet. That's not till tomorrow. But since I need all day today to prep for it, and head out tomorrow at 6 a.m, I pass my turn to Glowworm.
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  10. Glowworm

Glowworm Moderator Staff Member I SUPPORT BCDB!

I got this-have a nice cruise, emeraldisle.
    1. Ever since I was a little girl I've dreamed of being a princess.
    2. However, I am no wide-eyed, innocent waif, but clearly the big bad here.
    3. In a large public attraction, I offer up a task in order to get some much needed help for my goal.
  11. oneuglybunny

Ooh, clue #3 points strongly at Lord Farquaad, but we're seeking a princess, so that torpedoes that idea. I mean, the guy has his faults, but he's not gender-confused. "I've dreamed of being a princess." Ever since that whole Grace Kelly thing, that's every little girl ever.
  12. Glowworm

Even if he was gender-confused--Lord Farquaad is already on the list.
  13. Glowworm

More clues.
    4. I am a breakthrough in super villains.
    5. This movie takes place in the late 60s.
    6. In order to become royalty, I don't plan to assassinate anyone--rather I want a certain symbolic object that will somehow seal the deal if I get it.
  14. oneuglybunny

Here I go with the bricks again: helmets on, peoples.

Ursula the Sea Witch from Disney's The Little Mermaid. At one point, Ursula mentions "when I lived at the palace." This implies that she was once part of King Triton's court, until being "banished and exiled, and practically starving." Madam, you have way too much body mass to be "starving." And she doesn't kill King Triton, nor anyone else (except her hench-eels, of course, but that was by accident); her thing is to reduce them to sea weed with eyes. Apparently, the crown and trident are enough to secure her stake as Ruler of the Sea. Dear King Triton: you might want to draft some Articles of Succession to thwart any attempted coup d'etat.
  15. Glowworm

Nope, not Ursula--not even close.
  16. Glowworm

Time to wrap this one up.
    7. The movie I am in stars background characters from two previous movies who became surprisingly popular.
    8. I have a colorful name--in particular, it's another term for the color red.
    9. The test in question to gain help is a deceptively simple one--all the hopefuls have to do is take a precious gem from my hand.
  17. saltyboot

saltyboot A Moderating Moderator Staff Member Forum Member

Ah, ha! It's Scarlet Overkill from Minions.
    • Winner Winner x 1
  18. Glowworm

Yes and thank you, Saltyboot, I wanted to do this one without being too obvious that the little yellow guys were running amok in there.
    The clues:
    1. Scarlet always wanted to be a princess--most little girls have this dream--heck I wanted to be a queen.
    2. Scarlet however is a super villain.
    3. At Villaincon, Scarlet is searching for a henchman and a trial is set in order for one to get the job.
    4. She's the first female super villain.
    5. 1968 to be exact--with lots of great 60's music throughout.
    6. She wants Queen Elizabeth's crown. Somehow this will officially make her queen.
    7. That would be the minions of course--I wanted to drop a clue off about them without it being way too obvious.
    8. Scarlet of course, is another term for the color red.
    9. All one has to do is take the ruby from Scarlet's hand. Of course, this is not as easy as it looks.
  19. saltyboot

OK, here's mine.

I go back and forth between being live action, and animated.
    In one of my adventures, my new friend and I get in trouble with a rat and mole.
    I escaped, leaving my friend behind.
  20. saltyboot

Three more.

In my live action form, I'm trying to find a Garden of Paradise.
    I arrive their in my stop motion form.
    When I got their, I made a promise and then broke it.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.