1. Big Cartoon Forum

You WIll Need To Reset Your Password!!!

We just moved hosts on this system, and this has caused a few updates. One is the way we encode and store the encoded passwords.

Your old passwords will NOT work. You will need to reset your password. This is normal. Just click on reset password from the log in screen. Should be smooth as silk to do...

Sorry for the hassle.

Dave Koch
  2. Big Cartoon Forum

Are You Just Hanging Out?

Just lurking? Join the club, we'd love to have you in the Big Cartoon Forum! Sign up is easy- just enter your name and password.... or join using your Facebook account!

Membership has it's privileges... you can post and get your questions answered directly. But you can also join our community, and help other people with their questions, You can add to the discussion. And it's free! So join today!

Dave Koch
  3. Big Cartoon Forum

Other Side Of Maleficent

I have been looking forward to Maleficent with equal amounts of anticipation and dread. On one hand, she is easily my favorite Disney villain, so cold and so pure, and I want desperately to see more of her and her back-story. On the other hand, she is easily my favorite Disney villain, and I would hate to see her parodied, taken lightly or ultimately destroyed in a film that does not understand this great character. The good news is that this film almost gets it right; but that is also the bad news.

4. Big Cartoon Forum

BCDB Hits 150K Entries

It took a while, but we are finally here! The Big Cartoon DataBase hit the milestone of 150,000 entries earlier today with the addition of the cartoon The Polish Language. This film was added to BCDB on May 9th, 2014 at 4:23 PM.

5. Big Cartoon Forum

Warner Brings Back Animated Stone-Age Family

Funnyman Will Ferrell and partner Adam McKay are working on bringing back everyone’s favorite stone-age family. The duo’s production company Gary Sanchez Productions is in development on a new Flintstones animated feature.

6. Big Cartoon Forum

Disney To Feast In France

The follow up to Disney’s 2013 Academy Award Winning short Paperman has been announced, and it will premiere at France’s Annecy International Animated Film Festival. Titled The Feast, the short looks to be based on the same stylized CG techniques used on last years Paperman, a more natural and hand-drawn look to computer animation.

7. Big Cartoon Forum

Renegades of Animation: Pat Sullivan

Pat Sullivan became famous worldwide for his creation of Felix the Cat. What most animation histories gloss over is Sullivan’s checkered past and longtime standing as a wildcat renegade. He didn’t follow the rules. And he made damn sure to fully protect his intellectual properties.

The Mystery Cartoon Character Game, ongoing-ier.

Discussion in 'Free-For-All' started by oneuglybunny, Dec 31, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. emeraldisle

emeraldisle Moderator Staff Member I SUPPORT BCDB!

Thanks, OUB. I have a real good one this time:

1. I'm one of two big cats in the movie, and will also be seen again in the live action remake.

2. Compared to the other one, I'm actually quite friendly.

3. However, I strongly disapprove of the friendship between boy and bruin.
  2. oneuglybunny

oneuglybunny Moderator Staff Member Forum Member

Clearly, this is the panther Bagheera from The Jungle Book, adapted by Walt Disney Pictures from the book of short stories by Rudyard Kipling. The other large feline is, of course, Shere Khan the tiger. In the Disney version, Bagheera regards Baloo the bear as a ne'er-do-well, corrupting the boy Mowgli with insolvent notions.
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. emeraldisle

OUB, you nailed it again, and for all those reasons. You have control of the board again. Good job. :)
  4. oneuglybunny

Thank you. :) Well, I can't find much for December, except for the Pink Panther and The Tale of Despereaux, so I'll look to an old stand-by.

A-ha, here's a memorable character. (How did we miss this one?)

1) This character has appeared in only one feature film, one of those hybrid things with live actors alongside the animated ones. Fortunately, three pure cartoon shorts followed, though this character had a reduced role in them.

2) "Thank heaven for little girls." - Maurice Chevalier. Obviously, this character is a girl, and a big one, too. She's taller than both her male co-stars. And in case you're thinking "Miss Divine" or "Bugs Bunny ploy," there's a freeze-frame bonus that dispels all doubt.

3) She likes to carry a small clutch purse, which carries her necessities, such as a shooting iron and an iron skillet. Do not make her use these.
  5. emeraldisle

I figured it out, but I'll leave it for someone else.
  6. Glowworm

Glowworm Moderator Staff Member I SUPPORT BCDB!

I think I know as well, but I will be away for the next few days.
  7. saltyboot

saltyboot A Moderating Moderator Staff Member Forum Member

This will be Jessica Rabbit, from Who Framed Roger Rabbit?
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. oneuglybunny

Absolutely, this is Jessica Rabbit, wife of Roger Rabbit from the medium blending feature Who Framed Roger Rabbit, then the three ancillary cartoons Tummy Trouble, Roller Coaster Rabbit and Trail Mix-Up. Jessica's co-stars are Roger Rabbit, who's less than half her height, and detective Eddie Valiant, who stands some inches less than Jessica. The clutch isn't seen much, but it appears while Jessica is aiming a semi-auto handgun at the villain, and when she has finished using an iron skillet on her husband.

Eddie Valiant: "Where's Roger? He was supposed to be keeping a look-out."
    Jessica Rabbit: "I hit him over the head with a frying pan, then put him in the trunk. So he wouldn't get hurt."
    Eddie Valiant: "Makes perfect sense."

Good for Saltyboot for actually answering this one, instead of leaving poor Jessica hanging. I'll add a fresh +1 to the tally sheet, and present you with control of the board. :D
  9. saltyboot

Great! Here's mine. Hopefully it's an easy one.

I'm a parody of a real life musician.
    I'm also the narrator of this short.
    We were taken away from the circus.
  10. emeraldisle

Again, I haven't a clue. I'll have to look this one up.
  11. oneuglybunny

Oh, I know this one, but I've had my ups already. I'll sit still and keep quiet, giving another toonist a chance.
  12. saltyboot

These are the last three clues.

Normally dogs don't want to be around us, but this one loves us.
    We happen to play the type of music he loves.
    We are the secret to this dog's success.
  13. emeraldisle

Never saw this one, but I think I have the answer. It's Pee Wee Runt, one of the fleas from "Dixieland Droopy."
    • Winner Winner x 1
  14. saltyboot

Yep, that it. But Pee Wee isn't just one of the fleas, he's the leader of his band. He's also the narrator.

Pee Wee Runt is a parody of Pee Wee Hunt who was a jazz trombonist, vocalist and band leader.
    When Droopy ran into a circus, the fleas jumped on him and continued playing their Dixieland music.
    Everyone called Droopy, "John Pettybone, Dog of Mystery" and never knew that it was the fleas that were producing music.

Ok, you're up!
  15. emeraldisle

Thanks, Salty. Now for yet another who's gone untapped for reasons unknown:

1. I've played my own game of Catch Me If You Can on both PBS and Fox Kids.

2. I travel to practically every corner of the globe.

3. My name combines a famous opera with a city in California known for its zoo.
  16. oneuglybunny

"Where in the World is Carmen Sandiego?" The globehopping master thief Carmen Sandiego, known for trying to steal priceless treasures, ancient artifacts and even whole landmarks. Derived from Bizet's Carmen plus San Diego, where Los Angeles goes to take a nap. I'll post a new Mystery Character after dinner. :)
    • Winner Winner x 1
  17. emeraldisle

Yes, you nailed it again, OUB. Good job, and Happy New Year! :)

BTW, do any of you see a pattern with the last three mystery characters I posted?
  18. oneuglybunny

Why, yes, I do see a pattern, although I have the peculiar advantage of maintaining a database of all questions, Mystery Characters and responses in this thread. :cool:

Oh, here's a Christmas-y one that's been overlooked:

1) This character first appears in a children's book, later adapted into an animated feature, then into a live-action portrayal.

2) Perhaps the whole town was named after her, or her father, or her grandfather. It'd be like John Denver living in Denver, Colorado.

3) This character appears to have no feet. Likely, they're just not seen behind her nightdress. They must be cat-like, though, because she's able to surprise a burglar mid-theft.
  19. emeraldisle

I definitely know this, but I'll wait for someone else.
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  20. emeraldisle

Ok, just to prevent her from becoming an unguessed character, I'll supply the answer. It's Cindy Lou Who.
    • Winner Winner x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.