1. Big Cartoon Forum

You WIll Need To Reset Your Password!!!

We just moved hosts on this system, and this has caused a few updates. One is the way we encode and store the encoded passwords.

Your old passwords will NOT work. You will need to reset your password. This is normal. Just click on reset password from the log in screen. Should be smooth as silk to do...

Sorry for the hassle.

Dave Koch
  2. Big Cartoon Forum

Are You Just Hanging Out?

Just lurking? Join the club, we'd love to have you in the Big Cartoon Forum! Sign up is easy- just enter your name and password.... or join using your Facebook account!

Membership has it's privileges... you can post and get your questions answered directly. But you can also join our community, and help other people with their questions, You can add to the discussion. And it's free! So join today!

Dave Koch
  3. Big Cartoon Forum

Other Side Of Maleficent

I have been looking forward to Maleficent with equal amounts of anticipation and dread. On one hand, she is easily my favorite Disney villain, so cold and so pure, and I want desperately to see more of her and her back-story. On the other hand, she is easily my favorite Disney villain, and I would hate to see her parodied, taken lightly or ultimately destroyed in a film that does not understand this great character. The good news is that this film almost gets it right; but that is also the bad news.

4. Big Cartoon Forum

BCDB Hits 150K Entries

It took a while, but we are finally here! The Big Cartoon DataBase hit the milestone of 150,000 entries earlier today with the addition of the cartoon The Polish Language. This film was added to BCDB on May 9th, 2014 at 4:23 PM.

5. Big Cartoon Forum

Warner Brings Back Animated Stone-Age Family

Funnyman Will Ferrell and partner Adam McKay are working on bringing back everyone’s favorite stone-age family. The duo’s production company Gary Sanchez Productions is in development on a new Flintstones animated feature.

6. Big Cartoon Forum

Disney To Feast In France

The follow up to Disney’s 2013 Academy Award Winning short Paperman has been announced, and it will premiere at France’s Annecy International Animated Film Festival. Titled The Feast, the short looks to be based on the same stylized CG techniques used on last years Paperman, a more natural and hand-drawn look to computer animation.

7. Big Cartoon Forum

Renegades of Animation: Pat Sullivan

Pat Sullivan became famous worldwide for his creation of Felix the Cat. What most animation histories gloss over is Sullivan’s checkered past and longtime standing as a wildcat renegade. He didn’t follow the rules. And he made damn sure to fully protect his intellectual properties.

The Mystery Cartoon Character Game, ongoing-ier.

Discussion in 'Free-For-All' started by oneuglybunny, Dec 31, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. oneuglybunny

oneuglybunny Moderator Staff Member Forum Member

That is absolutely, 100% correct, EI. This is Cindy Lou Who from the Chuck Jones animated adaptation of Theodore "Doctor Seuss" Geisel's How The Grinch Stole Christmas. This role was later covered by Taylor Momsen as Cindy, alongside Jim Carrey as the Grinch. Hopefully, only Cindy's family has the surname Who; otherwise, the Whoville townsfolk have oodles of inbreeding going on. Euw.

Back to positive thoughts: EmeraldIsle gets a shiny new +1 to go with a shiny New Year, plus control of the board. Thanks for not leaving poor li'l Cindy in the lurch. :)
  2. emeraldisle

emeraldisle Moderator Staff Member I SUPPORT BCDB!

Thanks, OUB. Now I've decided to forget about the alphabetical pattern, and post these clues instead:

1. The outpost I work at is presumably somewhere in Alaska, just like a later live action show of the '90's.

2. My animated series is one of three hosted by a guy in a crocodile costume.

3. Sadly, the actor who played the Army doctor I was somewhat named after passed away last night.
  3. oneuglybunny

Foo, I haven't seen this series produced by Filmation. So far, I can only glean the details.

1) It's a cartoon about canine medics stationed in Alaska, running a premise similar to Northern Exposure, but funnier.

2) The cartoon was part of Uncle Croc's Block, hosted by a costumed Charles Nelson Reilly.

3) The character would have to be based upon "Trapper" John McIntyre from the M*A*S*H series. Actor Wayne Rogers has passed away from complications of pneumonia on Thursday 31 December 2015 at age 82.

But dang, there's so little of this cartoon to be found. Even IMDB barely acknowledges its existence. :meh:
  4. emeraldisle

You're right so far, but I still need the name of the character. If no one gets it by tomorrow, I'll give you credit, and reveal the answer.
    Last edited: Jan 1, 2016
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  5. saltyboot

saltyboot A Moderating Moderator Staff Member Forum Member

Ok. Because of OUB, I may have found the answer. It's Trooper Yoe, from M*U*S*H.
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. emeraldisle

Actually, it's Trooper Joe, but I'll give you credit and also give OUB partial credit. So you're up again, Salty. Good job, both of you. :)
  7. saltyboot

Hey, I'm not going to be able to put a character together until later tonight. So... OUB, since I couldn't have guessed the character without you, you can post if you like. If not, then I'll put something up later.
  8. oneuglybunny

That's kindly, Saltyboot, but my research of surrounding facts still smacks of Imperial Stormtrooper Marksmanship Academy: lots of shots fired near the target, but none of them hit. I'll be patient, because I know that you tend to pick funnish characters. :)
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  9. saltyboot

I got one. hope it's worth the wait. ;) There's also not a lot on this character, so I hope these clues will do it.

When the main character dies, I was standing in line at the pearly gates.
    I was able to enter Heaven, unlike the main character.
    I had a mishap with a certain steamroller.
  10. emeraldisle

Sorry, but I can't put my finger on it.
  11. oneuglybunny

I can: Aloysius, a cat from the Tom and Jerry cartoon Heavenly Puss. Tom got himself squished by an upright piano, and takes the escalator to Fluffy Cloud Heaven. There, he waits in line to board the Heavenly Express. One cat ahead of him is identified by the conductor as "Aloysius," who nods confirmation. "So you didn't see the steamroller coming." Aloysius shakes his head. "Pass." And off goes this tan cat that seemed morbidly overfed, but is actually paper thin.
    • Winner Winner x 1
  12. saltyboot

That's correct OUB, and for all the reasons stated.

Take it away!
  13. oneuglybunny

"Take it away," she says. Question is, where to take it? Oh, of course, to a January premiere.

1) This character has appeared only once to date in an animated feature film that debuted on Monday 10 January 19xx.

2) The supreme villain in this totally animated feature has two underlings; this character is one of them.

3) Following the Rule of Sith: the supreme villain plays favorites, and sends this one underling to slay the other. Wow, what a bad, bad boss.
  14. emeraldisle

I hope someone else gets this, cuz animated movies that opened on Monday instead of Wednesday or Friday are my needles in the haystack.
  15. oneuglybunny

Oh dear, then I'd better do more needling and less hay-baling.

4) Admittedly, this is a minor character. So minor that he doesn't have a name like "John Smith" or "Fred Wessel" or "Planet Bob." He's known by his profession, sort of like "barkeep" or "gofer."

5) As villainous henchmen go, this one gets a "D" in evil. He had one job: murder an expendable servant. Instead, however, this character does a "run away and never return" thing. He does tell a bald lie to his boss, though, so ... points for that, at least.

6) Double fairness time: this character is human, since he doesn't go through with an inhuman deed. And he's from a Disney feature, from way before they settled on Fridays as Premiere Day.
  16. Glowworm

Glowworm Moderator Staff Member I SUPPORT BCDB!

Could this possibly be the Huntsman from Snow White and the Seven Dwarves?
    • Winner Winner x 1
  17. oneuglybunny

It not only could be, it is! This is the Huntsman from Disney's first animated feature, Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs, which premiered on Monday 10 January 1938. Awesome response time, Glowworm. I'll pin a fresh-from-the-oven +1 to your score card, and let you take control of the game board. :D
  18. Glowworm

Glowworm Moderator Staff Member I SUPPORT BCDB!

Thanks. The Huntsman does have a name albeit I am unsure if it is official or not. It's Humbert--I remember once reading a two sided Disney Snow White book in which the Queen gets to tell her side of the story--amusingly, I think the huntsman's name is Brad.:happy:

1. In my first appearance, I am clearly the man down below.
    2. However, throughout the series, I have many aliases, and many occupations.
    3. Most of my names refer to my butt, or lack of wearing pants.
  19. emeraldisle

This one has me stumped. Sorry.
  20. saltyboot

Hmm, this one sounds interesting. However, I have no ideas.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.