1. Big Cartoon Forum

You WIll Need To Reset Your Password!!!

We just moved hosts on this system, and this has caused a few updates. One is the way we encode and store the encoded passwords.

Your old passwords will NOT work. You will need to reset your password. This is normal. Just click on reset password from the log in screen. Should be smooth as silk to do...

Sorry for the hassle.

Dave Koch
  2. Big Cartoon Forum

Are You Just Hanging Out?

Just lurking? Join the club, we'd love to have you in the Big Cartoon Forum! Sign up is easy- just enter your name and password.... or join using your Facebook account!

Membership has it's privileges... you can post and get your questions answered directly. But you can also join our community, and help other people with their questions, You can add to the discussion. And it's free! So join today!

Dave Koch
  3. Big Cartoon Forum

Other Side Of Maleficent

I have been looking forward to Maleficent with equal amounts of anticipation and dread. On one hand, she is easily my favorite Disney villain, so cold and so pure, and I want desperately to see more of her and her back-story. On the other hand, she is easily my favorite Disney villain, and I would hate to see her parodied, taken lightly or ultimately destroyed in a film that does not understand this great character. The good news is that this film almost gets it right; but that is also the bad news.

4. Big Cartoon Forum

BCDB Hits 150K Entries

It took a while, but we are finally here! The Big Cartoon DataBase hit the milestone of 150,000 entries earlier today with the addition of the cartoon The Polish Language. This film was added to BCDB on May 9th, 2014 at 4:23 PM.

5. Big Cartoon Forum

Warner Brings Back Animated Stone-Age Family

Funnyman Will Ferrell and partner Adam McKay are working on bringing back everyone’s favorite stone-age family. The duo’s production company Gary Sanchez Productions is in development on a new Flintstones animated feature.

6. Big Cartoon Forum

Disney To Feast In France

The follow up to Disney’s 2013 Academy Award Winning short Paperman has been announced, and it will premiere at France’s Annecy International Animated Film Festival. Titled The Feast, the short looks to be based on the same stylized CG techniques used on last years Paperman, a more natural and hand-drawn look to computer animation.

7. Big Cartoon Forum

Renegades of Animation: Pat Sullivan

Pat Sullivan became famous worldwide for his creation of Felix the Cat. What most animation histories gloss over is Sullivan’s checkered past and longtime standing as a wildcat renegade. He didn’t follow the rules. And he made damn sure to fully protect his intellectual properties.

The Mystery Cartoon Character Game, ongoing-ier.

Discussion in 'Free-For-All' started by oneuglybunny, Dec 31, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Glowworm

Glowworm Moderator Staff Member I SUPPORT BCDB!

I guess it's time to give out more clues.
    4. I hardly ever wear pants--heck most of the time, I just walk around naked.
    5. I have some rather odd ways of walking around--sometimes I just roll around and sometimes I grab both my legs and bounce around on my butt.
    6. I was on two shows--the second one used to be part of the first until it eventually spun off into its own series.
  2. emeraldisle

emeraldisle Moderator Staff Member I SUPPORT BCDB!

Sorry, Glowworm. Just can't think of it.
  3. oneuglybunny

oneuglybunny Moderator Staff Member Forum Member

I can: this is the Red Guy, a blathering but incompetent version of the Devil from David Feiss' Cow And Chicken / I Am Weasel universe. At one time, he posed as a policeman: Officer Pantsoffsky. Though Red Guy's plans are patently evil, they're rather small scale, something one would expect from an underling.
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. Glowworm

Yes, this is the Red Guy from Cow and Chicken/ I am Weasel
    1. In the pilot episode/ What A Cartoon! "No Smoking" The Red Guy introduces himself to the audience as the devil.
    2. However, while it was quite obvious that the Red Guy was always the devil, he ended up taking on other roles--basically whatever was necessary for the episode. He could be Cow and Chicken's principal, or I.M. Weasel's fairy godfather.
    3. Because the Red Guy doesn't wear pants and is always flaunting his huge red butt, many of his alias are based upon this. For example, he could be Lance Sackless.
    4. There have been some very rare occasions where the Red Guy has worn pants. However, for the most part, he either doesn't wear them at all (think Porky Pig) or wanders around completely naked.
    5. Yes, the Red Guy is infamous for bouncing around on his butt--I wonder how many kids tried to copy that? He'll also roll around--there was one episode where as a salesman, he simply rolls down the street to Cow and Chicken's house and then flops up and down while ringing the doorbell.
    6. I Am Weasel was originally part of Cow and Chicken. It eventually spun off into it's own show. The Red Guy showed up around the second season of that show.
  5. oneuglybunny

An amusing character, certainly, GW. Perhaps, as in many works featuring the Devil, he's gotten bored with thousands of years of tormenting hapless souls, and comes to Earth to play around with living ordinary folks. A case of Satanism is dull, trolling is fun. We'll have to take the Devil's word for it. Oh, and this one made me think up a bouncy Mystery Character.

1) This character has appeared in two cartoon shorts and zero animated features.

2) This character is not human, though she does a lot of things that a girl would do: brush her hair, check her messages, toy with leering boys.

3) And speaking of the Red Guy bouncing on his glutes ... this character does that, too. She leaves these cute little heart-shaped seat-prints in the ground, though not out of boredom, but because she's smitten with a cute hunk.
  6. Glowworm

Eh, forget it, this one's too good to not correctly guess it. It's Minerva Mink from Animaniacs. She only starred in two episodes--too many complaints. (those sexual innuendos were not very subtle) However, she did have some cameo appearances.
    Last edited: Jan 6, 2016
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. oneuglybunny

Yes, Glowworm, this is Minerva Mink, part of the Animaniacs package, created by Steven Spielberg's people (Sherry Stoner in particular) for Warner Brothers Entertainment. She has only two cartoons to her name: Meet Minerva Mink and Moon Over Minerva. It's in the first one, Meet ..., that we see the butt-bouncing bimbo do her love dance around a Fonz-like critter. I'll add a lovestruck +1 to your tally sheet, and let you take control of the board. :)
  8. Glowworm

One little thing though, Minerva was in Wakko's Wish--which was an animated feature-direct to video, yes, but an animated movie nonetheless.
    Anyhow fun but short lived character.

1. Amusingly enough, I am voiced by the same actress who also voiced the previous character.
    2. I am also based upon her--so basically, she's voicing a parody of herself.
    3. I am seen for only a very short segment, and a cameo appearance in the next music video--but have quite a following with fanartists galore.
  9. saltyboot

saltyboot A Moderating Moderator Staff Member Forum Member

I believe this is Julie Bruin, from Tiny Toon Adventures.
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. Glowworm

Yes, Julie Bruin was in the Tiny Toon Music Television episode. She's not only a parody of Julie Brown--who later voiced Minerva Mink, she's voiced by her as well. She also has a very brief cameo on the Montana Max music video "Money (That's What I Want)"

My favorite part is when she's expecting to see Madonna with Buster and Babs--but they actually meant Fuddona--who is none other than Elmer Fudd dressed like her. :happy:
  11. saltyboot

OK, I got one now.

The name of my city is a combination of two real cities.
    After the death of a relative, I bond with the only connection I have with him.
    After all that I went through, I then found out that someone stole my invention.
  12. emeraldisle

Thought I had the answer, but I was wrong. Maybe someone else will get it.
  13. oneuglybunny

Could this be Jerrica Benton, stage name Jem, from Jem and the Holograms? After her father died, she discovered his secret project was this sapient computer that could project holograms through emitters built into earrings. She calls the device Synergy. Synergy gets nabbed by the Secret Service in one episode, who think it's a dangerous device meant to harm the President.
  14. saltyboot

Nope, not Jerrica. I've never seen the show, but I don't think she fits clue one.
  15. saltyboot

Three more.

In this movie, I am a prodigy in robotics.
    My big brother was also into robotics.
    In fact, he built something in order to help people. (PS. this is separate from my own invention)
  16. Glowworm

I now know this one--but will sit this one out unless necessary.
  17. emeraldisle

I know it now. It's Hiro Hamada, from "Big Hero 6."
    Last edited: Jan 7, 2016
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  18. saltyboot

Yes, that's it. But his name is spelled Hiro.

The city he lives in is San Fransokyo.
    After his brother dies, he bonds with a robot, Baymax.
    Hiro invents microbots that can join together. Then they were stolen.
    Baymax was built to be a healthcare provider.

You're up!
  19. emeraldisle

Thanks, Salty. Now here's one I just thought of:

1. I share my name with an iconic Mexican rodent.

2. I'm the sidekick of a professional archer.

3. My first three team mates are also the sidekicks of adult superheroes.
  20. Glowworm

Again, I know this one, but am sitting out for now.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.