1. Big Cartoon Forum

You WIll Need To Reset Your Password!!!

We just moved hosts on this system, and this has caused a few updates. One is the way we encode and store the encoded passwords.

Your old passwords will NOT work. You will need to reset your password. This is normal. Just click on reset password from the log in screen. Should be smooth as silk to do...

Sorry for the hassle.

Dave Koch
  2. Big Cartoon Forum

Are You Just Hanging Out?

Just lurking? Join the club, we'd love to have you in the Big Cartoon Forum! Sign up is easy- just enter your name and password.... or join using your Facebook account!

Membership has it's privileges... you can post and get your questions answered directly. But you can also join our community, and help other people with their questions, You can add to the discussion. And it's free! So join today!

Dave Koch
  3. Big Cartoon Forum

Other Side Of Maleficent

I have been looking forward to Maleficent with equal amounts of anticipation and dread. On one hand, she is easily my favorite Disney villain, so cold and so pure, and I want desperately to see more of her and her back-story. On the other hand, she is easily my favorite Disney villain, and I would hate to see her parodied, taken lightly or ultimately destroyed in a film that does not understand this great character. The good news is that this film almost gets it right; but that is also the bad news.

4. Big Cartoon Forum

BCDB Hits 150K Entries

It took a while, but we are finally here! The Big Cartoon DataBase hit the milestone of 150,000 entries earlier today with the addition of the cartoon The Polish Language. This film was added to BCDB on May 9th, 2014 at 4:23 PM.

5. Big Cartoon Forum

Warner Brings Back Animated Stone-Age Family

Funnyman Will Ferrell and partner Adam McKay are working on bringing back everyone’s favorite stone-age family. The duo’s production company Gary Sanchez Productions is in development on a new Flintstones animated feature.

6. Big Cartoon Forum

Disney To Feast In France

The follow up to Disney’s 2013 Academy Award Winning short Paperman has been announced, and it will premiere at France’s Annecy International Animated Film Festival. Titled The Feast, the short looks to be based on the same stylized CG techniques used on last years Paperman, a more natural and hand-drawn look to computer animation.

7. Big Cartoon Forum

Renegades of Animation: Pat Sullivan

Pat Sullivan became famous worldwide for his creation of Felix the Cat. What most animation histories gloss over is Sullivan’s checkered past and longtime standing as a wildcat renegade. He didn’t follow the rules. And he made damn sure to fully protect his intellectual properties.

The Mystery Cartoon Character Game, ongoing-ier.

Discussion in 'Free-For-All' started by oneuglybunny, Dec 31, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. oneuglybunny

oneuglybunny Moderator Staff Member Forum Member

Nice. Oh, here's a corner of the list with a hole in it. I think I shall spackle it.

1) This character debuted in a regularly televised animated series. Other appearances followed, including a sequel series and a live-action movie.

2) At no time does this character age beyond high school; he'll forever be a cute little boy or hunky teenager. Birthdays stop at eighteen, tops.

3) When this character first met his father, the encounter cemented his name. Fortunately, "Dad" took it well.
  2. emeraldisle

emeraldisle Moderator Staff Member I SUPPORT BCDB!

I have a pretty good idea, but I'll wait and see if someone else gets it first.
  3. oneuglybunny

More clues coming up.

4) Technically, this character is an adoptee. This has no impact on the family dynamic, though, since he was taken in as a baby.

5) Both this character and his adoptive parents are on good terms with the neighbors, who have a cute daughter about the same age. Shipping is up to full power here.

6) Once upon a time, raising children was a lot tougher. Fortunately, people were more durable in those days as well. This character seems to turn out fine. :)
  4. emeraldisle

I've got it. It's Bamm-Bamm Rubble.

1. He debuted on "The Flintstones."

2. Yes, he did become a teenager. But he did become an adult, as indicated in the TV movies "I Yabba Dabba Doo," and "Hollyrock A Bye Baby."

3. He slammed Barney, and a few others to the floor in his debut episode.

4. He was adopted by the Rubbles, though they had to go to court to get custody.

5. Self-explanatory.

6. Raising kids was a bit of a problem for cave dwellers.
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. oneuglybunny

Glerk, forgot about "I Yabba Dabba Do." Well, let's put him at exactly marriage age on that one, okay? Yes, this is Bamm-Bamm Rubble, the Doorstop Baby adopted by Barney and Betty Rubble, neighbors to The Flintstones. The little tyke is one strong powerhouse, and he's almost destined to pair up with Pebbles Flintstone. That's good for another +1, EI. :)
  6. emeraldisle

Thanks, OUB. Now for clues dedicated to the late friend I mentioned earlier:

1. Officially, I'm the first female butt kicker from my studio.

2. I show up in Thailand and Hong Kong, but nowhere else--at least not until a TV movie nearly thirty years later.

3. My greatest accomplishment is exposing my boyfriend's doppelganger.
  7. oneuglybunny

Oh, man, it took me this long to think of it. Wow, are my brain gears rusty. This is Jade, an old love interest to Roger "Race" Bannon from the Jonny Quest series. She could detect a phony Bannon just by kissing him (wrong flavored tongue?) Up until Jade showed up, Hanna-Barbera tended to have female characters as Satellite Love Interest or as the Damsel In Distress. Kinda makes me wonder what she did back in her heyday.
    Last edited: Mar 12, 2016
  8. emeraldisle

OUB, you nailed it again. Good job. You get another turn. :)
  9. oneuglybunny

Neat-o. Now, can I think up a memorable character? Why, I believe I can...

1a) This character has appeared only once to date in a completely animated feature film. He survives to the end of the story, presumably.

1b) This character is already up in age at the time he's seen, so it's doubtful he'll recur. His voice actor certainly has passed away at age 82.

2) Actually, this character is a Good Guy, despite the fact that other good guy characters are deathly afraid of him. He's certainly a grateful fellow, and a knowledgeable consultant.

3) Playing fair, again: this character is not human. Not even a mammal, for that matter. Nonetheless, he's a go-to guy for sage advice.
  10. emeraldisle

I looked up all the celebrities who died at 82. The only who could have voiced this character didn't voice any reptiles, amphibians, insects or birds.
  11. Glowworm

Glowworm Moderator Staff Member I SUPPORT BCDB!

I believe I have it. This is the Great Owl from "The Secret of Nimh" Despite the owl looking pretty darn creepy--he's actually not the villain in the movie. Also, he was voiced by the late horror actor, John Carradine-- who did indeed die at age 82.
    • Winner Winner x 1
  12. oneuglybunny

This is very much the Great Owl from Don Bluth's The Secret of NIMH. Once he learns that this peculiar mouse is the widow of Jonathan Brisby, the Great Owl ponders then recommends seeking help from the rats in the rosebush. Which, as it turns out, almost works. The Great Owl was voiced by the late John Carradine, sounding both majestic and fatherly, as needed in his short but memorable scene. Though both Mrs. Brisby the mouse and Jeremy the crow cringe and cower at the sight of him, the Great Owl leaves the mouse feeling much better about the prospects of saving her young 'uns.

That's a splendid +1 for Glowworm, plus control of the game board. :)
  13. Glowworm

Here's one.
    1. Disguised as a beloved holiday icon, I rob a bunch of banks.
    2. The best part, the customers at the banks actually want the teller to give me the money.
    3. I then dye the money different colors, because I hate the color green.
  14. emeraldisle

Can't say I know this one. This calls for research.
  15. Glowworm

A few more clues
    4. I'm not actually the holiday hare, but I do have a name that is French for a certain lagomorph.
    5. The heroes bust into my hotel room, disguised as Easter eggs.
    6. In fact, one of the heroes thinks he decapitated me--he merely knocked off my mask.
  16. emeraldisle

Well, the French word for rabbit is Lapin, but that doesn't help me a bit.
  17. Glowworm

This might help--I won't leave this one hanging.
    7. When you find yourself in danger
    8. When you're threatened by a stranger
    9. When you find yourself in for a lickin
  18. emeraldisle

Can't name the character, but it's from the Super Chicken episode "The Easter Bunny."
  19. Glowworm

I'm gonna leave this one dangling a bit longer, if someone can actually name this character--Emeraldisle's certainly made it a lot easier.
  20. emeraldisle

Ah, found it on YouTube. It's Louie the Lapin.
    • Winner Winner x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.