1. Big Cartoon Forum

You WIll Need To Reset Your Password!!!

We just moved hosts on this system, and this has caused a few updates. One is the way we encode and store the encoded passwords.

Your old passwords will NOT work. You will need to reset your password. This is normal. Just click on reset password from the log in screen. Should be smooth as silk to do...

Sorry for the hassle.

Dave Koch
  2. Big Cartoon Forum

Are You Just Hanging Out?

Just lurking? Join the club, we'd love to have you in the Big Cartoon Forum! Sign up is easy- just enter your name and password.... or join using your Facebook account!

Membership has it's privileges... you can post and get your questions answered directly. But you can also join our community, and help other people with their questions, You can add to the discussion. And it's free! So join today!

Dave Koch
  3. Big Cartoon Forum

Other Side Of Maleficent

I have been looking forward to Maleficent with equal amounts of anticipation and dread. On one hand, she is easily my favorite Disney villain, so cold and so pure, and I want desperately to see more of her and her back-story. On the other hand, she is easily my favorite Disney villain, and I would hate to see her parodied, taken lightly or ultimately destroyed in a film that does not understand this great character. The good news is that this film almost gets it right; but that is also the bad news.

4. Big Cartoon Forum

BCDB Hits 150K Entries

It took a while, but we are finally here! The Big Cartoon DataBase hit the milestone of 150,000 entries earlier today with the addition of the cartoon The Polish Language. This film was added to BCDB on May 9th, 2014 at 4:23 PM.

5. Big Cartoon Forum

Warner Brings Back Animated Stone-Age Family

Funnyman Will Ferrell and partner Adam McKay are working on bringing back everyone’s favorite stone-age family. The duo’s production company Gary Sanchez Productions is in development on a new Flintstones animated feature.

6. Big Cartoon Forum

Disney To Feast In France

The follow up to Disney’s 2013 Academy Award Winning short Paperman has been announced, and it will premiere at France’s Annecy International Animated Film Festival. Titled The Feast, the short looks to be based on the same stylized CG techniques used on last years Paperman, a more natural and hand-drawn look to computer animation.

7. Big Cartoon Forum

Renegades of Animation: Pat Sullivan

Pat Sullivan became famous worldwide for his creation of Felix the Cat. What most animation histories gloss over is Sullivan’s checkered past and longtime standing as a wildcat renegade. He didn’t follow the rules. And he made damn sure to fully protect his intellectual properties.

The Mystery Cartoon Character Game, ongoing-ier.

Discussion in 'Free-For-All' started by oneuglybunny, Dec 31, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. saltyboot

saltyboot A Moderating Moderator Staff Member Forum Member

Yes, I know. I typed in "crow" by accident and didn't notice until after I submitted the post.
  2. Glowworm

Glowworm Moderator Staff Member I SUPPORT BCDB!

Yes this is Sambo from "Angel Puss." In my opinion, it's a rather mean-spirited short. I never liked the idea of drowning a cat to get rid of it--yet the cat is pretty darn cruel in this short pretending to be dead just to mess with the poor boy--who already felt guilty in the first place.
  3. emeraldisle

emeraldisle Moderator Staff Member I SUPPORT BCDB!

Thanks, Glowworm. Now here's a good set of clues:

1. My animated movie is very similar to a live action one.

2. Oddly, this film was released at Christmas time, rather than Passover or Easter.

3. I really go ballistic when my bro decides to worship a bovine.
  4. saltyboot

This is Moses, from The Prince of Egypt.
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. emeraldisle

Yes, Saltyboot, Moses it is. Now to explain:

1. "The Prince Of Egypt" is very much like "The Ten Commandments."

2. It was released on December 18, 1998. But given the plot it should have been released at Easter or Passover.

3. Moses was infuriated by the golden calf, which his brother Aaron had created as a false idol.

So it's your turn again, Salty. BTW, once again, due to my religious obligations, I'll be absent from both games for the rest of the week.
  6. saltyboot

OK, hopefully just the three will do it.

I was easily winning a fight, until I heard someone booing me.
    I challenge my heckler.
    Never a fight had so much cheating.
  7. Glowworm

Ah, this is the Champ--whose name is apparently Battling McGook (something I never actually realized) from "Rabbit Punch"
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. saltyboot

Yep, it's the Champ, Battling McGook against Dyspectic McPlaster. The announcer says their names in the beginning. It's one of those "blink and you'll miss it" things.
  9. Glowworm

Yeah, it is indeed a "blink and you'll miss it" moment. I've also learned that a rabbit punch is actually a real, and very deadly fighting move.
    Anyhow.
    1. I have no indoor voice whatsoever.
    2. I kidnap the protagonists' girlfriend.
    3. Although she constantly shouts for help, she is quite capable of beating me up.
  10. saltyboot

This is Dan Backslide, the coward, bully, cad, and thief, and arch-enemy of the Dover Boys.
    • Winner Winner x 1
  11. oneuglybunny

oneuglybunny Moderator Staff Member Forum Member

"A runabout! I'll steal it! No one will ever know!" Only in a world of blind morons, Dan Backslide, arch-rival of The Dover Boys. He gets demolished by Dora Standpipe, who clobbers him in a delicate and feminine manner.

Edit: Oopsie, beaten by a few seconds by my arch-rival. I'll console myself with whiskey.
  12. Glowworm

Yes, Saltyboot, it is Dan Backslide--a man with no indoor voice whatsoever and is easily defeated by Dora Standpipe--despite crying for help all the while.
  13. saltyboot

Wow... I'm a rival to someone's arch?

But seriously, I won't be able to get a character together tonight or tomorrow. So... OUB, you wanna take a whack at this one?
  14. oneuglybunny

Okay, I'm up for a little quizzing. Oh, and thanks for the Winner tags, Saltyboot. They keep my post count to like ratio at 7:1, which is nice. :)

Ah, here's a colorful character. Not a nice one, but colorful nonetheless.

1) This character occurs only once to date in an animated feature film. Although this character survives to the end of the story, anything further is kind of iffy.

2) Of course, this character is a villain, the primary villain in the story, complete with a henchman and underlings. At least for the most part; being too evil and greedy makes even these minions revolt.

3) Playing fair some more: this character is human, and female, with a preference for red.
  15. saltyboot

The only character I can think of is already on the list. I'll need to look around some more.... If I have time.
  16. oneuglybunny

Perhaps three more clues will seal this deal.

4) While this villainous character is human, quite a few surrounding characters are not, including our intrepid heroes.

5) It's unusually convenient that this character has her base of operations in Louisiana, but also maintains a satellite office in New York, because our heroes have their base of operations in New York.

6) In addition to an affinity for wearing red, this villain also has an affinity for mascara, applied to a haywire degree.
  17. Glowworm

This is Madame Medusa from The Rescuers.
    • Winner Winner x 1
  18. oneuglybunny

Absolutely, this is Madam Medusa from Disney's The Rescuers, owner-proprietor of Madam Medusa's Pawn Shop Boutique. Her primary henchman is Snoops, who isn't quite an F in Evil, but no better than a C-. She also has two alligators as grounds patrol, but they object to her treatment in the climactic chase scene, and leave her clinging to some wreckage in the swamp. Her standard outfit is this red flapper dress, and all that eye makeup makes her look ghoulish instead of beautiful.

So, I'll add a fine new +1 to Glowworm's growing total, and let her pick a worthier Mystery Character. :)
  19. Glowworm

The best part is I think the animator for Madam Medusa based her off his ex-wife.:D
    1. I am introduced as a pest, stealing a farmer's corn.
    2. However, the farmer is not human, and I actually am.
    3. I later accompany his son on a journey to return home.
    • Funny Funny x 1
  20. emeraldisle

Gosh, I'll have to look this one up.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.