1. Big Cartoon Forum

You WIll Need To Reset Your Password!!!

We just moved hosts on this system, and this has caused a few updates. One is the way we encode and store the encoded passwords.

Your old passwords will NOT work. You will need to reset your password. This is normal. Just click on reset password from the log in screen. Should be smooth as silk to do...

Sorry for the hassle.

Dave Koch
  2. Big Cartoon Forum

Are You Just Hanging Out?

Just lurking? Join the club, we'd love to have you in the Big Cartoon Forum! Sign up is easy- just enter your name and password.... or join using your Facebook account!

Membership has it's privileges... you can post and get your questions answered directly. But you can also join our community, and help other people with their questions, You can add to the discussion. And it's free! So join today!

Dave Koch
  3. Big Cartoon Forum

Other Side Of Maleficent

I have been looking forward to Maleficent with equal amounts of anticipation and dread. On one hand, she is easily my favorite Disney villain, so cold and so pure, and I want desperately to see more of her and her back-story. On the other hand, she is easily my favorite Disney villain, and I would hate to see her parodied, taken lightly or ultimately destroyed in a film that does not understand this great character. The good news is that this film almost gets it right; but that is also the bad news.

4. Big Cartoon Forum

BCDB Hits 150K Entries

It took a while, but we are finally here! The Big Cartoon DataBase hit the milestone of 150,000 entries earlier today with the addition of the cartoon The Polish Language. This film was added to BCDB on May 9th, 2014 at 4:23 PM.

5. Big Cartoon Forum

Warner Brings Back Animated Stone-Age Family

Funnyman Will Ferrell and partner Adam McKay are working on bringing back everyone’s favorite stone-age family. The duo’s production company Gary Sanchez Productions is in development on a new Flintstones animated feature.

6. Big Cartoon Forum

Disney To Feast In France

The follow up to Disney’s 2013 Academy Award Winning short Paperman has been announced, and it will premiere at France’s Annecy International Animated Film Festival. Titled The Feast, the short looks to be based on the same stylized CG techniques used on last years Paperman, a more natural and hand-drawn look to computer animation.

7. Big Cartoon Forum

Renegades of Animation: Pat Sullivan

Pat Sullivan became famous worldwide for his creation of Felix the Cat. What most animation histories gloss over is Sullivan’s checkered past and longtime standing as a wildcat renegade. He didn’t follow the rules. And he made damn sure to fully protect his intellectual properties.

The Mystery Cartoon Character Game, ongoing.

Discussion in 'Free-For-All' started by oneuglybunny, Nov 4, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. saltyboot

saltyboot A Moderating Moderator Staff Member Forum Member

I can't think of anything either.
  2. oneuglybunny

oneuglybunny Moderator Staff Member Forum Member

Okay, one further set of clues:

4) Much like the American version of Santa Claus, this character is corpulent, but will certainly move himself to do what needs to be done. [santa]

5) Although this character is scripted, at one point, someone jabs a microphone in his face, and he's at a loss for words. :muted:

6) There's a reason this character shakes hands with the title character: he is an officer and a gentleman, emphasis on officer. :pompous:
  3. emeraldisle

emeraldisle Moderator Staff Member I SUPPORT BCDB!

Looks like this may be the first unguessed character of 2014.
  4. oneuglybunny

Ugh, perish the thought. An unguessed character has two ugly implications: that I give inferior clues, or that we aficionados cannot identify feature film characters. Give it a moment; this will dawn upon someone. :) I hope.
  5. peterhale

peterhale Moderator Staff Member I SUPPORT BCDB!

I'm stumped for now. I may kick myself later!
  6. saltyboot

I'm stumped too. Hopefully I can think of something later.
  7. emeraldisle

OUB, I take back what I said yesterday. And I just now found the answer. It's Captain B. McCrea, from "WALL-E."
  8. oneuglybunny

Well, thank you, EmeraldIsle. I had a third round of clues ready to go, but this correct answer makes that unnecessary.
    Captain B. McCrea appears only in the feature film WALL-E so far. There was a short animation called BURN-E also by Pixar, but the good captain does not appear in it. The climactic scene has the good captain get out of his hoverchair and grapple with the Axiom's steering wheel, which doubles as the villainous Auto. The captain also shook hands with WALL-E, if one can call that robot's manipulators "hands." In fact, this action was a plot point, in that it triggered the captain's curiosity about earth.

After spending his entire life aboard the Axiom and its inherent microgravity, Captain McCrea has become corpulent to the point of bloated, but he still has enough pep in him to take on Auto. When the Axiom's computer asks the captain for voice print verification, all Captain McCrea can do is deliver a mindless, "Uuhh ..."; it's close enough. And of course, he's the Captain of the Axiom, its commanding officer. His handshake with WALL-E leaves flecks of dirt on his hand, which ultimately triggers the captain's wiki-walk about Earth.

Collect another rightful +1 for that answer, EI, and my thanks for not making me seem like a poindexter. Now show me how to give proper clues. :D
  9. emeraldisle

You're welcome, OUB. And I'll gladly do that with these clues:

1. I'm always at the mercy of a foolish, gullible cat.

2. I pretend to know how to cure colds, hiccups, and even baldness.

3. In the 90's, my "ethnic" voice was changed.
  10. Glowworm

Glowworm Moderator Staff Member I SUPPORT BCDB!

This would be Buzzy the Crow.
    1. The cat would be Katnip.
    2. Pretty self-explanatory. Buzzy does these things in order to spare his life.
    3. Buzzy has a stereotypical Eddie Rochester voice. I'd assume that it was either redubbed to sound less offensive or a new adaption was created around the 90s and the voice was changed for the same reasons.
    • Winner Winner x 1
  11. emeraldisle

Glowworm, you're absolutely right for all those reasons. Great job, so you get another turn. :)
  12. Glowworm

Thanks, better cash in that turn, I have to go to a cousin's wedding in Michigan--we're setting out on Wednesday by car as my dad hates flying.

1. I fall in love with a man and have two children with him.
    2. Unfortunately, I lose him too soon.
    3. It's hard work bringing up my children because they are half human--and half animal like their father.
    • Like Like x 1
  13. emeraldisle

Knowing my mythology, I'd say the father and kids are either centaurs or satyrs. But I can't picture a mother who fits the clues.
  14. Glowworm

The father and children are not centaurs or satyrs.
  15. emeraldisle

I see. It's possible someone else knows.
  16. saltyboot

The character that comes to mind is Grandma from Red Hot Riding Hood. In the original (and lost) ending, she married the wolf in a shotgun wedding. The next scene shows their kids, half human and half wolf.
  17. Glowworm

You're getting closer on the half human--half wolf part--but no, not Grandma.

4. The movie I am in is what you would call an "Anime."
    5. My children appear human, but they can shapeshift into their animal forms.
    6. The studio responsible for my film, was also the same one behind a film involving a rogue computer program hacking into a virtual world, and eventually into the real one.
  18. emeraldisle

Didn't take long to get this one right. It's Hana, from "Wolf Children."

1. She falls for a Wolfman.

2. He dies tragically when his body is removed from a canal.

3. She has trouble raising her children by hsrself, since they're part human,a nd part wolf, just like their dad.

4.. The film is an anime released two years ago.

5. Self-explanatory.

6. Need an explanation here.
  19. Glowworm

Yes it's Hana from "Wolf Children" My boyfriend and I watched it together two weeks ago--it's a very quiet, charming movie.
    As for that last clue, I was half right and half wrong with it. Studio Chizu is behind "Wolf Children" , but not the Summer Wars(Which is the film about the rogue computer program)--that was Madhouse. However, the director behind these films is the same one--Mamoru Hosoda. So I apologize for messing up slightly on that last clue. Anyhow, I'm glad you got it, because I need to go away soon and it would have been awkward if it wasn't solved before I came back.
  20. emeraldisle

Thanks, Glowworm. Enjoy the wedding. In the meantime, here's one my fellow posters should get with no trouble:

1. Unlike another of my kind, I don't need a hat to come to life.

2. But like him, I put my own life on the line to save a friend.

3. My movie won a Golden Globe last night.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.