1. Big Cartoon Forum

You WIll Need To Reset Your Password!!!

We just moved hosts on this system, and this has caused a few updates. One is the way we encode and store the encoded passwords.

Your old passwords will NOT work. You will need to reset your password. This is normal. Just click on reset password from the log in screen. Should be smooth as silk to do...

Sorry for the hassle.

Dave Koch
  2. Big Cartoon Forum

Are You Just Hanging Out?

Just lurking? Join the club, we'd love to have you in the Big Cartoon Forum! Sign up is easy- just enter your name and password.... or join using your Facebook account!

Membership has it's privileges... you can post and get your questions answered directly. But you can also join our community, and help other people with their questions, You can add to the discussion. And it's free! So join today!

Dave Koch
  3. Big Cartoon Forum

Other Side Of Maleficent

I have been looking forward to Maleficent with equal amounts of anticipation and dread. On one hand, she is easily my favorite Disney villain, so cold and so pure, and I want desperately to see more of her and her back-story. On the other hand, she is easily my favorite Disney villain, and I would hate to see her parodied, taken lightly or ultimately destroyed in a film that does not understand this great character. The good news is that this film almost gets it right; but that is also the bad news.

4. Big Cartoon Forum

BCDB Hits 150K Entries

It took a while, but we are finally here! The Big Cartoon DataBase hit the milestone of 150,000 entries earlier today with the addition of the cartoon The Polish Language. This film was added to BCDB on May 9th, 2014 at 4:23 PM.

5. Big Cartoon Forum

Warner Brings Back Animated Stone-Age Family

Funnyman Will Ferrell and partner Adam McKay are working on bringing back everyone’s favorite stone-age family. The duo’s production company Gary Sanchez Productions is in development on a new Flintstones animated feature.

6. Big Cartoon Forum

Disney To Feast In France

The follow up to Disney’s 2013 Academy Award Winning short Paperman has been announced, and it will premiere at France’s Annecy International Animated Film Festival. Titled The Feast, the short looks to be based on the same stylized CG techniques used on last years Paperman, a more natural and hand-drawn look to computer animation.

7. Big Cartoon Forum

Renegades of Animation: Pat Sullivan

Pat Sullivan became famous worldwide for his creation of Felix the Cat. What most animation histories gloss over is Sullivan’s checkered past and longtime standing as a wildcat renegade. He didn’t follow the rules. And he made damn sure to fully protect his intellectual properties.

The Mystery Cartoon Character Game, ongoing.

Discussion in 'Free-For-All' started by oneuglybunny, Nov 4, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. oneuglybunny

oneuglybunny Moderator Staff Member Forum Member

Ha, it's Olaf the Snowman from Disney's Frozen. :)
  2. emeraldisle

emeraldisle Moderator Staff Member I SUPPORT BCDB!

Yes, OUB, that's just who it is. I felt it was only right to honor that movie for its award. So you're up once again. Good job. :)
  3. oneuglybunny

Good choice. Perhaps I can pick one about as worthy. Let's see ...

1) This character has appeared only once to date in an animated feature film, which won an Academy Award, the Oscar.

2) Though not the brightest bulb around, this character is a respectable fellow, and a loving, patient father.

3) This character is one of the good guys. Really. A good, decent man ... who just happens to be trying fervently to kill his wife.
  4. saltyboot

saltyboot A Moderating Moderator Staff Member Forum Member

I'm going to say it's King Fergus from Brave.
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. oneuglybunny

Well, Salty, if you're going to say King Fergus from Pixar's Brave, then I'm going to "that's correct."
    To be fair, his wife, nagging control freak though she is, was transformed into a bear, so Fergus didn't recognize her. Fergus' motivation at that point ran along the lines of "I'm a-gonna kill th' bear what et me wife." So, regardless of whether ol' Fergus succeeds or fails, he'll be sleeping cold and alone for a while.

Good going, SB, that'll add another point, and control of the board. :D
  6. saltyboot

Thanks OUB!

I have been in several movies and one TV special.
    I had to experience interrogation.... twice.
    My creator has a song based on him.
  7. emeraldisle

I'm thinking either someone from "Shrek" or "Toy Story," but can't find any characters that fit the clues.
  8. saltyboot

You're on the right track emeraldisle.
  9. emeraldisle

I can't recall "Toy Story" characters being interrogated, so I'll play a hunch, and say Donkey from the Shrek movies.
  10. saltyboot

Nope. Not Donkey.

11. oneuglybunny

As I recall, the one being interrogated by Lord Farquaad was the Gingerbread Man. "Not my gumdrop buttons!"

And for what it's worth, Toy Story had an interrogation as well: nasty Sid, taking on a Gestapo persona, uses a magnifying glass and a sunbeam on poor Sheriff Woody. Sid gets called away by Pop Tarts before he can burn a significant hole between Woody's eyebrows.
  12. saltyboot

The Gingerbread Man (Gingy) is correct OUB.

He was in all the Shrek movies and the Shrek Christmas special.
    He was interrogated in both Shrek one (Lord Farquaad), and three (Hook).
    His creator is The Muffin Man who has his own song.
  13. oneuglybunny

Ah, I'm back online. Good fixing, Chief. :) Pesky machines always get the simplest instructions wrong.

Well, this vein has been tapped before, but I'll aim for a lesser branch ...

1) Though not a title character, this character has appeared in a goodly number of cartoons, both those produced to accompany feature films in theaters, and as stand-alone cartoons for television.

2) This character has had more than one voice actor, and has had more than one name. He's still the same character, though, because of how he functions in relation to the main characters.

3) There are cartoons where this character says not one word, and there are cartoons where this character does all the talking.
  14. emeraldisle

Well, I thought of two possibilities, but neither one is the right one, as both had more than one voice actor, but no name changes. So I'm stumped once again.
  15. saltyboot

Yeah, the only name that comes to mind is a title character, so I know that's not it.
  16. IronCookuru

IronCookuru Laced with plenty of "confidence" (Admin team) Staff Member I SUPPORT BCDB!

Tuffy/Nibbles, the small gray "sidekick" to Jerry in some of the Tom & Jerry cartoons?
  17. emeraldisle

Um, Tuffy/Nibbles is already on the Used Character list. I correctly guessed him a long time ago.
  18. peterhale

peterhale Moderator Staff Member I SUPPORT BCDB!

Big Nose from the Pink Panther cartoons has been guessed as well - but it must be someone like these types!

I'm racking my brains...[scratch]
  19. emeraldisle

Ok, I have my fingers and toes crossed and hope I'm right about it being the Tasmanian Devil.
  20. oneuglybunny

My, such splendid speculations. :)

IronCookuru tried Nibbles, who is also known as Tuffy, especially in the Mouseketeer cartoons. Mighty close posit, since Nibbles says nothing while a hungry orphan, but can't seem to shut up while a Mouseketeer. However, as far as I can determine, Nibbles has only the one voice actor. However, if I'm wrong about this, then this must count as an entirely correct answer. [idea]

PeterHale ventured Big Nose from David Depatie and Isadore "Friz" Freleng's Pink Panther cartoons. Aside from yelps and grumbling, I'm certain that Big Nose has never spoken, while the Pink Panther has at one point delivered the line: "Why can't man be more like animals?" :hilarious:

And EmeraldIsle fielded Freleng's Tasmanian Devil, a character which rarely speaks articulately, except for his debut cartoon: "What for you bury me in the cold, cold ground?" Not waiting for an answer, Taz simply opened his toothy jaws and tried to take a huge bite out of Bugs Bunny. Taz has appeared in other productions after the passing of the legendary Mel Blanc, of necessity voiced by other actors. However, he's known as the Tasmanian Devil, or as simply Taz; by "more than one name," I meant distinctly different, rather than derivative or diminutive names. :droid:

Therefore, I shall withhold the next set of clues until Nibbles' voice actor count can be confirmed. :muted: If there was only one, then I shall field the next three clues; otherwise, IronCookuru has scored another +1 for adhering to all criteria. :greedy:

EDIT: Oops, since Nibbles is already on the Used Character List, that character cannot be regarded as correct. All the moreso, since I have a much larger character in mind. :) I'll post the next three clues when I return from dinner. [toast]
    Last edited: Jan 19, 2014
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.